Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Konis it is, but stock springs or?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Konis it is, but stock springs or?

Want to improve road handling from stock shock (not to mention the annoying creaking sounds) and drop a bit. I've read stock springs are OK and some say not. I do have the West Wing front spoiler, so bottoming out is a major issue. Ideas, hints, help???
Old 10-15-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Koni's will make a huge difference in the handling performance of your car. The "heater hose" mod and the lower front perch will give you a slight drop and the Koni's will make an amazing difference in the cars performance. Couple that with a 35mm front sway bar and an alignment and you'll be shocked at the difference. It will be like a whole new car.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Koni SA with stock springs are good, if you want more you can always opt getting strano springs and swaybars just make sure you have someone that knows how to align it afterwards.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Great advice guys. The shop t I'm going with includes alignment. They specialize in suspensions and car/truck lowering.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am now a koni believer as of last week. I got the da fronts and sa 3rd gen rears with eibach pro kit. I shopped around and ended up paying 650 for all 4 shocks and springs. The stance is great and I no longer feel like I drive a pick up truck. Its a little smoother of a ride to boot as in the car jabs you once in a bump and its over.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
I got the da fronts and sa 3rd gen rears with eibach pro kit. I shopped around and ended up paying 650 for all 4 shocks and springs.
Where in the hell did you get that kind of deal?

MORE INFO PLEASE!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Same!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 144 Likes on 94 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Some smells bad.... very bad. Someone screwed up somewhere. Happens a few times a year when some idiot who doesn't realize that Koni's are priced per shock, but boxed as pairs sells a pair for the price of one.

Realize I sell Koni's for the maximum discount allowed by Koni. which is 30% of retail. At that a set of SA front, 3rd gen rears is $725.20. DA's are SIGNIFICANTLY more costly than SA's in in front too. And FWIW, I came up with the whole 3rd gen rear thing.... nice to know folks are so willing to run off with the knowledge I work for and am willing to share without so much as the opprotunity to shed light on the pricing, etc. Oh well, that's one less person I have to explain how to setup the shocks to. :dunno:
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-21-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to miss this thread but I got the fronts from a board member and the rears from sam strano and got the springs on ebay just look around and be patient
Old 10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
sorry to miss this thread but I got the fronts from a board member and the rears from sam strano and got the springs on ebay just look around and be patient

haha

what a funny response!

(im the one who started all that 3rd gen ****,
and this the ***** ****in thanks i get?)

dont be mad cause you didnt get ALL his money, sam.

i'll make up for it by getting four shocks four springs and two bars from you

soon as im done with this settlement..

Old 10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Why? I bet you'd be a little peeved if you worked 40 hours and got paid for 30. Essentially that's what happens here. I work on a package, spend time doing it, and then don't make the sale. If that continually happens then I have to either stop selling part altogether, or just stop being as forthcoming with information so it doesn't happen.

If I was unfair on my pricing or something I could see it. But the prices are pretty much right in line with the rest of the world.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Sam i agree with you 100%. I will definitely be buying from you, you have to support your customer support.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Sam were you in baltimore yesterday? i got some spies up there that said they saw you. lol....
Old 10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I raced in Aberdeen both Saturday and Sunday. And I stay at a friends house in Burtonsville (Laurel), so I was on 95 a lot this weekend, yes.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

i see...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Why? I bet you'd be a little peeved if you worked 40 hours and got paid for 30. Essentially that's what happens here. I work on a package, spend time doing it, and then don't make the sale. If that continually happens then I have to either stop selling part altogether, or just stop being as forthcoming with information so it doesn't happen.

If I was unfair on my pricing or something I could see it. But the prices are pretty much right in line with the rest of the world.
You worked on one person's package for 40 hours? Or did you simply make a suggestion? You are very forthcoming with information you work hard for, and that causes intelligent people to shop for better deals. You should be less bitter. You lose sales that way. Oh, and the Koni's you told me would leak, have a lifetime warrantee.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Am I being made out to be the bad guy here? I already had bought the DAs and then weeks later I bought the 3rd gens from you because they are cheaper then 4th gens. I then got a steal on ebay for the springs I mean you can't argue with your price or anyone elses against an ebay individual with only one set to sell. I waited and got the best suspension setup I could really afford. Then I talked about how good the konis are for me and people know that they can get konis from you Sam. I don't see what the big deal is. I bought some stuff from an individual on LS1tech I bought stuff from an ebay person who happened to also live in NJ and I bought a pair of shocks from an LS1tech SPONSOR. Where is the foul? Please explain.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

^Agreed. It seems that Sam has a serious problem with people making informed decisions outside his business.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

WS6Jim
i dont think that sam is necessarily saying that you are the bad guy. I believe he was under the impression that another vendor was starting to sell his setup (konis with 3rd gen rear konis) .... at least thats the way it came across to me, dont really know but thats what it sounded like to me the first time i read it.

F50Nut
I completely understand where Sam is coming from... i used to work as a tech at a motorcycle dealership and it would always annoy the crap outta me when ppl would call up and ask all these tech questions and waste my time and then when i go to order them the parts they wanted they would say "naw ill just find em on ebay or get a better deal online" or "online i dont have to pay tax". that may not be the same situation but i def. understand how sam feels.

Sam is a great guy and im very happy that it appears from another thread that sam has decided to still help people but keep some inside info of his own , for his customers... like for instance alignment specs and what not.... way to go Sam.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by f50nut
Oh, and the Koni's you told me would leak, have a lifetime warrantee.

Double check that. If they are DA's, I don't believe you'll find them to qualify for the lifetime warranty (I have DA's on my car too). I'd have to go check Koni's site, but as I remember, that was what it used to say.

Quick Reply: Konis it is, but stock springs or?