Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

sub-frame connectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sub-frame connectors

ok im lookin to buy some sub frame connectors and i have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can answer for me. -------> whats the difference between boxed and tubular and which is better. why is slp the only company who has more cross-bracing. is there any benifit to it cuz i would have thought other companies would have done the same thing. and if there is any other advice you guys have or whatever i will take it into concideration. thanks
Old 10-22-2006, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We offer a 3-Point design as well with the additional cross bracing, we offer both a bolt in and weld in design. Below is a link to many style of SFC's we offer and also a picture of our 3-Point design.

As for the differences between boxed and tubular, either will work 100% fine, a few differences would be...

The tubulars tuck up tigther and can not be seen from the side of the vehicle where as the boxed style can be seen slightly. The boxed do not reduce ground clearance but do hang down below the pinch weld approx. a 1/4"

The 2-Point tubulars are also 4lbs ligther then the boxed and are offered in a bolt in option if needed.

If you every plan on running a torque arm that welds into the SFC's the boxed style will offer a better weld point for this.

Our SFC's- http://www.umiperformance.com/Search...?CategoryID=42

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks Ryan

3-Point Design with Cross Bracing-
Old 10-22-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

We offer a 3-Point design as well with the additional cross bracing, we offer both a bolt in and weld in design. Below is a link to many style of SFC's we offer and also a picture of our 3-Point design.

As for the differences between boxed and tubular, either will work 100% fine, a few differences would be...

The tubulars tuck up tigther and can not be seen from the side of the vehicle where as the boxed style can be seen slightly. The boxed do not reduce ground clearance but do hang down below the pinch weld approx. a 1/4"

The 2-Point tubulars are also 4lbs ligther then the boxed and are offered in a bolt in option if needed.

If you every plan on running a torque arm that welds into the SFC's the boxed style will offer a better weld point for this.

Our SFC's- http://www.umiperformance.com/Search...?CategoryID=42

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks Ryan

3-Point Design with Cross Bracing-
when will your sfc's for verts be availible?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by anotherreject04
when will your sfc's for verts be availible?
We are working on them now and we hope to have them out before Christmas. Thanks for asking!

Ryan
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anybody offer them for verts? we need them the most!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BMR offers them for verts. I seen it on thunderracing.com 179.95
Old 10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

How much do the different styles weigh?
Old 10-24-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the UMI 3-point bolt-in SFC's on Saturday. They bolted right in. No grinding or cutting was needed. Took maybe 45 minutes from start to finish. That's including jacking up and lowering the car.

The car rides so much better now too. I didn't think SFC's would make THAT much of a difference. Going over speed bumps now, the car feels super solid.

Just read the directions carfuly and not torque down the tunnel brace bolts to 72 ft lbs like I thought it said. I only broke one bolt.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
How much do the different styles weigh?
Our boxed 2-points weigh in at 28lbs a set, our tubular 2-Points are 24lbs and the 3-Point system is 36lbs.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 10-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Teching In

How much torsional rigidity does the third point add? I was thinking of putting in a 6 point cage, and figure that a 2 point tubular would be a good way to eliminate the rest of the flex. If a 3 point really offers much more strength, I would get that instead of a 2 point ...
Old 10-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Teching In

bump ...