Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Are there any springs out there better than the Eibach Pro kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are there any springs out there better than the Eibach Pro kit?

I have a 97 TA and I'm looking for some lowering springs that'll lower my car the same as the pro kit (1.3 inches). I'm not looking to replace my stock shocks either. They have 40000 miles on them.

I've ridden in a car with the pro kit and it rode absolutely horribly--rough as hell. It made my TA feel like a cadillac.

Are there any springs out there that'll lower my car about the same as the pro kit but have a better ride than the eibachs?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try Strano Springs, plus hes a sponsor. His specs are something around 1.25" or so and a great ride...contact him! Sam Strano @ Stranoparts.com
Old 11-12-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
Try Strano Springs, plus hes a sponsor. His specs are something around 1.25" or so and a great ride...contact him! Sam Strano @ Stranoparts.com
Nobody and nothing, not even sam can help this guy if hes not willing to change his stock 97 shocks.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Nobody and nothing, not even sam can help this guy if hes not willing to change his stock 97 shocks.
this is true, you must change the shocks... the car you rode in probably ran horrible because the shocks were not revalved for a lowered car
Old 11-12-2006, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

So there's no lowering springs out there that'll give me a ride close to the stock ride? I don't have a grand to spend on shocks.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure..... how about Eibach Sportline.................

Its not going to happen without a damper change. The two parts must compliment each other or it wont balance out. Its either that or you will kill you shocks from the increase in rate and not being valved to the spring and chassis weights.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:40 AM
TECH Resident

lol... sportlines... KILLED my stock shocks... U must change the shocks or just keep the stock springs. I had sportlines and ill never ever go back. And im pretty sure the pro kit drops it more than 1.3 inches... especially if u have the stock shocks. I would go with strano springs if anything tho.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KillerTA
So there's no lowering springs out there that'll give me a ride close to the stock ride? I don't have a grand to spend on shocks.
Nobody said to spend a grand. You can get a set of bilstiens for what, mid 300's. Anything is better than whats on the car right now.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anything BUT Eibach is better . . . . I hate Eibach springs . . .

Hotchkis, DMS . . .
Old 11-13-2006, 11:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Ever notice Baja trucks sit really high? Ever notice F1 cars sit really low? Ever notice which one sucks up bumps better?

Anytime you lessen your suspension travel by lowering the car you have an effect on ride. Anytime you lower, you need to up the spring rate to support the car properly with the lesser travel, that makes the ride firmer. And anytime you lessen travel and up spring rate, the shocks have to be something that matches.

So what you're looking for isn't really possible. You want everything you can't really have. You want to keep stock shocks (terrible idea, they are most responsible for a bad ride), lower the car, but not harm the ride.

Now, the car stock doesn't ride well because of the shocks. It's common that folks find a lowered setup doesn't ride worse than stock (and lots of times better) when you put an apporpriate shock on the car. I can't tell you if you are one of those people on-line. I probably can, and explain the reasons why and what changes, to you on the phone.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

The sportlines are hard to beat. I have a set available for very cheap.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I hope that was a joke... Sportlines are great if you just want to cruise around and look slammed, and not for much else. Luckily when it comes to selling them, there are plenty of folks who don't know better. But most of them aren't in this forum.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need shocks Koni SA,Sams bars,Sam lower springs..thats what I would do.

Sportlines, are TOO LOW. You change too how how the car was designed by the engineers I think.

You might want to look into the lower perch/hose mod.

Stock shocks/and new lowersprings. Is the one of the worst things I would ever do to one of these cars.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

that was a joke, but I really do have a set that needs to go. A few weeks ago I bought another firehawk. It has the 1le suspension and I just put a set of your (strano) springs on it. I couldnt be happier with them. I love the stance, The car handles and rides like a dream. click on my cardomain link and check it out.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I was thinking it was a joke, but you never can tell.

I'm very happy to hear you are enjoying the springs so much. Makes it worth the trouble of having them made. And the car looks pretty damn good too. Now I just need someone with a Camaro to post some pics. Lots of Pontiac pics with my springs, but none of Camaro's that aren't in motion!

Old 11-14-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i had the money to do **** right and do strano springs and matching shocks i'd be on it but cant quite yet
Old 11-14-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

funds are tight here too, but im saving up and doing lots of research!