Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line lock preferences??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line lock preferences??

I see that there are two kinds of kits out there....those with a master switch and a control switch, and those with simply a control switch. I had a kit by SMG Manufacturing for my last z28. I liked the idea of having the master switch and a control switch. For one thing, the control switch was a press n release button, so there was no danger of forgetting to turn it off, cuz u had to have it pressed in for it to be active. I like the look of the SLP line lock kit that LS1 Speed sells. Does the SLP kit have a master switch and a control switch, or just a control switch?? What are yall's opinions on the different kits available??
Old 12-04-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

SMG? do you mean SJM? the SLP only has one switch and is why it is not NHRA legal like the SJM is. IMO a better design
Old 12-04-2006, 11:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have two style kits for the LS1, the front mount and the top mount kit.

SLP appears to have copied our front mount kit tube routing (that about as far as similarities goes). They do not have the circuit design as our kits have. They are not track legal and do not contain safety features that ours do. I don't believe they are even wired correctly, from what I've read, they use a switched ground I'd hate to see a short happen there...you'd never blow a fuse, only activate the solenoid.

See attached picture for the front mount style (customer painted the line lock to color match the black engine bay).

Edit to clarify the above post, it's not NHRA legal due to the type of switch used, not that is uses one switch. Thanks for posting
Attached Thumbnails Line lock preferences??-sjm-2b001fm.jpg  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the hurst one from SJM, with two switches. There is no need to have only one switch. You need to have the master arming switch so you don't accidently push the button or it doesn't accidently get stuck down. If it does and your driving you will have no front brakes. Go with SJM's kit, top quality with all the stuff included.

-William
Old 12-05-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i had steve's kit on my 02 z28 and it was a very nice design. i guess i will be going with that again. thanks steve....and i think this time i will be getting the front mount design to hide it a lil better in the engine bay.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

You're welcome. The front mount kit does hide the solenoid a bit better. The top mount kit is offered as an alternative since it is slightly easier to mount the solenoid due to the location...
Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
You're welcome. The front mount kit does hide the solenoid a bit better. The top mount kit is offered as an alternative since it is slightly easier to mount the solenoid due to the location...
and how much could i get the front mount kit for shipped to 23452?
Old 12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

They can be ordered either on the phone during business hours or 24hrs a day through the website. Typical shipping is ~9-10.00.