Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension advice....

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension advice....

Ok im overwhelmed with options, can you guys help me out? i want to have a camaro that handels like a slot car...sort of. it will be a daily driver and i dont care about ride quality as i drove a miata for 3 years and that didnt bother me at all. those of you that have a good fun suspension set up mind giving me a clue? im particulalry interested in the g-force coilover suspension if anyone has personal experience with that.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take this: Strano bars, Strano springs & Koni SAs shocks. Start there.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

talk to Strano himself, when he has time. what legend said is a perfect start. if you dont care about daily ride, and want a 'slot car' out of an f-body, youll have to strip the interior to save weight. you can do all the suspension and tire upgrades you want, but itll still be a 3400 hunk of steel sliding around on contact patches which about to about 4 sq. ft. of rubber.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Launching!

how much do strano springs drop you?? (if at all)
Old 12-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

My advice: start out with realistic, well-defined goals, and go from there. I understand how you might want to make your car handle like a slot-car (sort of), but that is neither realistic nor well-defined. A budget might be nice to set out as well, because you can go from mild to wild in a hurry money-wise.

I'd suggest a goal that is something like "I'd like my car to handle better than a stock Vette," keeping in mind that it will never out-handle a Vette, mod-for-mod.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bootleg<detroit>
how much do strano springs drop you?? (if at all)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...strano+springs

See for yourself, I still need to get mine on my car.

Jon
Old 12-26-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've heard alot about strano, who is he and how do i get ahold of him? does he have an online store or something?
Old 12-26-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

...and id love to cut my cars weight but how do i do that? where do i start?
Old 12-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
I've heard alot about strano, who is he and how do i get ahold of him? does he have an online store or something?
He does have an online store, and is a board sponsor, so he will have a banner at the far right of the screen. If you Google "Strano Performance", you'll find his website. He prefers to do business over the phone, and that's the only way I'd recommend to contact him. Be forewarned though...his mom just went in the hospital, so he might be hard to get ahold of. If that is the case, just be patient. The wait is worth it...trust me. I've spent more money on my car running around in circles with the suspension where I could have saved money by just listening to him in the first place.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

he's at stranoparts.com. and yeah, he has family issues now, so either work around his schedule or just wait a few weeks. you can talk to him personally, i did it last week, and helped out alot. didnt buy anything either, yet, but hes always up to talk and give advice. he drives an LS1 camaro in SCCA solo, so he knows specifically about our cars. what he suggested for my car, which is almost exactly what he runs in his racecar, was strano springs (which drop you about 1 1/4" in front, and 1 1/8" rear), koni SA, chrome moly panhard, and 35mm front/22mm, rear sways.

as for cutting weight, how far are you willing to go? do you want it streetable at all, or going for an all-out racer? rear seats, spare & jack are the easiest. if you really want every pound and dont mind driving a shell every day, then gut the interior, add ONE racing seat for you. no rug, sound insulation, passenger seat, airbags, etc.

Quick Reply: Suspension advice....