Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help picking out a SFC

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help picking out a SFC

I am in the market for a set of weld on sub frame connectors. I like the BMR boxed weld on's and the SLP/UMI "spider type" 3 point weld on's. I am looking for the best ground clearance and would think the BMR would be the best for that. If I'm only giving up a minimal amount clearance, I can go with the spider type. Which do you guys recommend? Any fitment issues with the list types?
Old 12-31-2006, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Our 3-Point style SFC's do not cause any ground clearance lose or issues. They tuck up into the vehicle extremely tight. If you take a look at the pictures below you will notice that we actually bend the center bracing to follow the contour of the floor. This allows for a tighter fit against the under carriage, some companies just go straight across to reduce production cost but it then causes clearance issues. You will also notice that the y-pipe hangs lower then the SFC's.

If I can help anymore please ask and I am glad too. Thank you!

Old 12-31-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I 2nd the UMIs. The SLPs will hang low and take away ground clearance. I also like the way UMI SFCs attatch to both sides of the LCA box--SLPs only bolt to 1 side of the LCA pocket (I had SLPs B4).
Old 12-31-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

I've got the standard single exhaust pipe to the back of the car now, but if I go to a true dual set-up in the future, will your (UMI) sfc's affect exhaust routing in the future?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by myfast70
I've got the standard single exhaust pipe to the back of the car now, but if I go to a true dual set-up in the future, will your (UMI) sfc's affect exhaust routing in the future?
Thanks subtlez28

No you will have no issues, I haven't found any exhaust that will not clear with our 3-Point SFC's. There is plenty of clearance.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

Default Thanks UMI

WOW, that is awesome response time! Any specials or group purchases going? I'm ready to make a purchase right now. PM me if needed. Thanks for the help. I know which way I will now be going. I've had some of your stuuf for my G-Body and had great luck with it.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

UMI,

I forgot to ask, how close a match is your navy blue color compare to the factory navy blue metallic that my car is painted?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:43 AM
FormerVendor

Hello,

Sounds great and glad I could help

We are running a 10% off sale until Tuesday, it says on the site until the end of the year but it won't be removed until Tuesday. So if you can get your order in sometime on New Years day you can take advantage of the 10% off.

The Navy Blue is a basic Navy Blue, it is close to the factory color but not a exact match but still blends in nice and looks great.

Thanks and hop that helps!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Need help picking out a SFC