Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA problem

I still cant get rid of clunking noise from the rear.. i changed out my shocks no help i checked and changed the lca bolts a hundred times. i installed tubular lca about 6 months ago nothing but problems.. could i have installed them wrong??? are you supposed to tighten the bolts when the car is on the ground??? i had the car on a lift when i tighten them but i jacked the rearend up to put a load on them... someone please help driving me mad
Old 01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

what kind of lca's and what type of bushings did you get. my bmr poly/polys clunk when I give it gas and when it shifts. i have noticed that if I grease them every 100-200 miles that it goes away.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that some of the inner sleeves of the poly bushings are "English" sizes, however the LCA bolts are "metric", so there's a little slop in the fit. I think that there's also a little taper to the bolts, so that makes the fit even a little sloppier. This is probably the "clunk" you hear.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by exstanger
what kind of lca's and what type of bushings did you get. my bmr poly/polys clunk when I give it gas and when it shifts. i have noticed that if I grease them every 100-200 miles that it goes away.
I would also recommend that you double check the bolts to be sure thay have remained tight. If you still have a problem email me and I will help you out any way I can

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Teching In

would buying stock bushings cure the problem or even fit.. ive been reading up on this and it seems people say poly is to hard ... i know a guy over at speedinc had his guys check it out they said it was solid but i still have that damn noise feels like my rearend is going to fall off.. i feel every little bump.. i know some guys on here have had the same problem whats the solution.. i also got brand new hardware bolt and lock nuts and changed shocks and i know its the lcas cause i didnt have this problem until i changed them any ideas thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Teching In

come on guys throw me a frickin bone
Old 01-15-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The clunk is usually when the bolts aren't tight enough. Get under the car when the suspension is loaded, then loosen and retighten the bolts. Make sure they are really tight
Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Have you checked the rear torque arm bolts? I know you said it didn't show up until you installed the LCAs but they have a habit of coming loose. When it happened to me I was getting a terrible clunking from the rear.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannyboyz28
would buying stock bushings cure the problem or even fit.. ive been reading up on this and it seems people say poly is to hard ... i know a guy over at speedinc had his guys check it out they said it was solid but i still have that damn noise feels like my rearend is going to fall off.. i feel every little bump.. i know some guys on here have had the same problem whats the solution.. i also got brand new hardware bolt and lock nuts and changed shocks and i know its the lcas cause i didnt have this problem until i changed them any ideas thanks
I fabbed my own LCAs to eliminate flex issues, but made them to accomodate the OE rubber bushings.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dannyboyz28
Buying a different bushing is not going to make it not clunk. I would check all of the bolts in the rear even the torque arm and make sure they are fully tightened.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 01-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys i will try everything you posted hopefully i just over looked something... thanks again