Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone have this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have this?

does anyone have the panhard rod relocation kit? what does it actually do? how much would it help in cornering?

i'm at work so i cant copy/paste a link right now, but the can be found at thunder racing...
Old 01-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Teching In

The part was first designed so you could run dual exhaust pipes over the axle. However another benefit is a stiffer rear end. You can see a pic of it on BMR's website. I'm ordering one in a few weeks, not because I have dual exhaust but I want to finish off the rear suspension. If you don't have a real good set of tires then all that aftermarket suspension stuff will just over power the grip and cause the car brake out earlier.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do not need to buy every part out there to "finish off" the suspension. If you're not going to run duals, you can save the money. All that extra stuff is just good for adding to your signature if you don't actually have a use for it.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Soltakr
... another benefit is a stiffer rear end. You can see a pic of it on BMR's website. I'm ordering one in a few weeks, not because I have dual exhaust but I want to finish off the rear suspension. If you don't have a real good set of tires then all that aftermarket suspension stuff will just over power the grip and cause the car brake out earlier.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It helps in making a brace a bit more prone to failure with those extra bends.
FWIW that isn't actually a panhard rod lowering piece, it just creates a dip in the brace for the panhard rod, as mentioned, it was made to create a spot for dual exhaust. There is no handling gain, it will not strengthen the rear end.
There is a set of brackets that lowers the panhard rod. It's been debated if it does any good or not. When doing this mod sway bars, springs and shocks need to be altered as well.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Please explain why the SB,springs and shocks will need to be altered. The manufacutre doesn't give any comment about that.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by v7guy
as mentioned, it was made to create a spot for dual exhaust. There is no handling gain, it will not strengthen the rear end.
i was thinking this also.

i just thought i would ask since it just mentioned that it was possible to put 3" exhaust over the axle and didnt mention anything about handling,
Old 01-19-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Soltakr
Please explain why the SB,springs and shocks will need to be altered. The manufacutre doesn't give any comment about that.
You're confusing two different things:

1) The BMR brace, which simply replaces the stock PHR brace (aka chassis brace, aka upper PHR, etc) with a tubular part that is joggled to provide more clearance of exhaust.

2) Unbalanced Engineering makes a kit that actually relocates the PHR itself (not the brace) downward. This is what v7guy was referring to with his comment.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have it Justin, I will let you check it out soon if you want.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Y2K Pewter SS
I have it Justin, I will let you check it out soon if you want.
cool

Quick Reply: anyone have this?