Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LCA question

What LCA's would be best for a combo of straightline performance and cornering? And will they make the ride rougher and noisier or be nice and quiet and still be somewhat smooth?

thanks

Last edited by Black02SLPSS; 02-08-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best for drag racing and cornering would be dual rod ended. They do transfer some noise and vibration but in my opinion it isn't that bad, though some people would disagree. I have them and think they are well worth the slight increase in NVH.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any company better than the others or just any company that makes the dual rod end?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

make sure they are quality QA1 rod ends though, if they aren't you'll be replacing them more often then not and they will be loud!

if you dont want to give up comfort, then i'd recommend making your own, 1 side of the rod end being at the bare min a QA1 XMR-12/XML-12 rod, and the other end, and then other end being from: www . lefthandchassis . com
looks like this and is on page 2 of the pdf catalog i think.

to build your own search for the username Jon A...i think its on here

or google: do it yourself lca's and his page should pop up
Old 02-08-2007, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double rod-ended LCA's will reap the best performance period. You will feel/hear slight road noise transferred to the body due to you removing any dampening you'd normally see in rubber or poly bushings.

We have them on special for 199.99 which INCLUDES new upgraded mounting bolts. Offset bushings are available for tire clearance. Kits are in stock generally shipping either same day or within 24 hours.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sure there is alot of quality LCAs out there. But UMI build quality stuff at a good price. The best part is the way they stand behind there product. They provide info here, and have gone above and beyond customer service wise for many members.

Oh, and I agree, rod ends are needed 4 boxed or tubular LCAs to maintain axel articulation (the stockers flex to allow it).
Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 PM
FormerVendor

UMI does seem to have a good following here. BMR has a tremendous amount of experience under their belt from the many years of designs and improvements. I believe their customer service is fantastic and have seen them do what it takes to make a customer satisfied.

I think most will find that the manufactures on this site stand behind their products and will support their clients.

We strive for perfection with our product designs. There is not much to improve on a simplistic component. If you have the material and the means to build them...as mentioned above, sometimes the satisfaction of putting together a component from raw materials has its own gratification. No matter which manufacture that you choose, you won't go wrong.

We build ours from 4130 N 1.25x.095" chrome-moly with chrome-moly rod ends which are sequenced using a pulsed tig process and fitted with QA1XM Teflon rod ends. For the components you receive including upgraded bolts, they are a VERY good value without compromise.

They can be seen at www.sjmmanufacturing.com/deals.html
Old 02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Double rod-ended LCA's will reap the best performance period. You will feel/hear slight road noise transferred to the body due to you removing any dampening you'd normally see in rubber or poly bushings.

We have them on special for 199.99 which INCLUDES new upgraded mounting bolts. Offset bushings are available for tire clearance. Kits are in stock generally shipping either same day or within 24 hours.

is that your chromoly ones?

BTW, i just recieved your d/a chromoly PHR i ordered through Herron...welds and everything looks great! and its beefy (and lighter then stock if i remember right)

hopefully get some paint on it tomorrow and installed monday
Old 02-09-2007, 06:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
is that your chromoly ones?

BTW, i just recieved your d/a chromoly PHR i ordered through Herron...welds and everything looks great! and its beefy (and lighter then stock if i remember right)

hopefully get some paint on it tomorrow and installed monday
Shon is a very good guy! Glad to hear that you're satisfied with our race products. They are ~50% lighter then stock fwiw.

...Yes, we manufacture them from 4130 alloy. FWIW, there is no difference regarding deformation considering mild steel or chrome-moly. They both have the modulus of elasticity; both during axle-loading will deform the same rate. Mild steel i.e. 1020 etc or alloy material 4130 both have the same density, taken same dimensional material, they will weight exactly the same.

That being said, we use chrome-moly since the rod ends are of similar material of which need tig-welded anyways...cost is negligible between the materials listed since they are so short.

Quick Reply: LCA question