Pics of my drop....NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my drop....NEED HELP

FRONT

REAR

FULL BODY (Shitty Pic SORRY) If someone can brighten it up let me know!!

Ok now from my last thread...here is my issue...I can see the car is resting on the bumpstops on the rear....Im on stock shocks....I have NO IDEA what springs these are...But I want to keep it this low....I dont think it is as low as sportlines....Any ideas??

When I hit ANY bump, crack, crease, crevice I FEEL IT!!! What can I do to make this a better ride??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

OH and the rear tires are BRAND NEW....and the fronts have like NO TREAD....
Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

New shocks---those are NOT SPORTLINES...Prokit looks like to me...mine is similar...could be Hotchkiss...etc...Repeat: New Shocks . LOOKED again....10$ say they are 1" drop springs. My Prokit is a little lower fr+back.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

what would be some good shocks? the springs are BLACK but no markings on them....also if I put shocks on it will it raise it any? Cause I DO NOT want it raised ANY!

OH also I measured the distance from the ground to the fender....

FRONT - 25 1/8"

REAR - 26 1/4"

any idea what springs these could be?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

That's really low. My springs put the car at 25 3/4 front and 26 3/4 rear. It looks killer and rides good with koni's. You can't be on the bumpstops and have a decent ride. Physically impossible.

If you trim the rear bumpstops and get a good shock it may help as long as the shock does not bottom and get damaged.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why start another thread on the same problem? You had plenty of solutions in the original thread, even got Sam in on the deal. You are asking for something that you can't have. If you are sitting on the bump stops how do you plan on getting a smooth ride? It's not going to happen. How would adding "good" shocks smooth out the ride if the car is sitting on the bump stops? This isn't rocket science....geez.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

See your own duplicate threads lol:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/671383-lowered-car-help-needed-asap.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/676090-lowering-help.html

You're looking for a magical answer that you want to hear. Unfortunately you won't ever get it
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I posted a NEW thread becuase it wouldnt let me add pics to my other one...kept giving me an error....I dont think these are as low as sportlines....what is the stock measurment from the ground to the fender?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Why start another thread on the same problem? You had plenty of solutions in the original thread, even got Sam in on the deal. You are asking for something that you can't have. If you are sitting on the bump stops how do you plan on getting a smooth ride? It's not going to happen. How would adding "good" shocks smooth out the ride if the car is sitting on the bump stops? This isn't rocket science....geez.
No the only solutions I recieved were...YOU CANT HAVE YOUR CAR THAT LOW! Ive seen tons of people driving around that look the EXACT height I am....Ive ridden in a QA1 car that was tucked in all four corners and rode like a caddie....Im wondering do I just need shocks with these springs I have?

If so what is a good shock to go with from what I have from the measurements and the looks...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by my01ws6
No the only solutions I recieved were...YOU CANT HAVE YOUR CAR THAT LOW! Ive seen tons of people driving around that look the EXACT height I am....Ive ridden in a QA1 car that was tucked in all four corners and rode like a caddie....Im wondering do I just need shocks with these springs I have?

If so what is a good shock to go with from what I have from the measurements and the looks...
So go find that guy who has the setup you want and ask him what he did and your problem will be solved
Old 03-14-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

How about a cadilac shock...Or how about the whole Caddy low rider instead.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are sick of hitting the bump stops, remove them. Problem solved. At least that problem. It will cause several other nasty problems, but your car will look cool.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it turns out I was wrong....its NOT riding on the bump stops like I thought it was....They look perfect....it looks like it has hit a few times but they good perfect other than that....

does this mean my shock is bottoming out? since im not riding on the bumpstops?

oh and please keep your stupid comments to yourself...if you have nothing helpful to say go post in some other thread....thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

not on the stops, then a good shock will give you the best ride and handling improvement. koni or revalve bilsteins. You need at least 1/2" to work with...3/4" or 1" of travel in the back is better though.

Now we are gettin' somewhere.

and I be gettin to bed. Nighty night.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

Ow and tire air pressures can alter ride greatly. 33f 30r psi for a good ride and handling, but the right pressure for your setup can vary depending on tires, wheel dia., spring rate, shocks, bushings... but 33/30 @ 60 deg.F is pretty close probably. On stock springs I use to run 36/34. What pressure are you using?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

32lbs all the way around....

yeah it is NOT on the bumpstops...I stand corrected....I thought when I first looked they were, but I was wrong
Old 03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by my01ws6
oh and please keep your stupid comments to yourself...if you have nothing helpful to say go post in some other thread....thanks
I hope that's not aimed at me. I'm just trying to help you. If someone has a setup you like and none of us have the answer, I would honestly ask him what he did. Doesn't that seem like a good idea?

Even though you aren't actually sitting on the bumpstops, how many inches do you have between the bottom of the bumpstop and the axle? Check out this link: http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html and look at the springrates of the sportlines and compare them to the stock springs and then something like the prokit. You'd think that with a lower drop the springs should have a higher springrate. Unfortunately that's not the case.

So while you aren't exactly touching the bumpstops, you are probably smacking on them or something. If the bumpstops are in, your shocks are safe.

Or it could be an entirely different problem. You probably want someone to take a look at it. Snap some pics with the wheel removed and show us a measurement of the distance between the bumpstop and the axle under load
Old 03-15-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tried to make it brighter for you.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I hope that's not aimed at me. I'm just trying to help you. If someone has a setup you like and none of us have the answer, I would honestly ask him what he did. Doesn't that seem like a good idea?

Even though you aren't actually sitting on the bumpstops, how many inches do you have between the bottom of the bumpstop and the axle? Check out this link: http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html and look at the springrates of the sportlines and compare them to the stock springs and then something like the prokit. You'd think that with a lower drop the springs should have a higher springrate. Unfortunately that's not the case.

So while you aren't exactly touching the bumpstops, you are probably smacking on them or something. If the bumpstops are in, your shocks are safe.

Or it could be an entirely different problem. You probably want someone to take a look at it. Snap some pics with the wheel removed and show us a measurement of the distance between the bumpstop and the axle under load
No it wasnt aimed toward you....ok ill go get some pics now

Honestly it feels like the shock is bottoming out...it HURTS when I hit bumps it feels like i bottom out on something metal with i hit ANY bump its like BOOM!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not sure what to tell you. If you have the bumpstops in there, then your shock shouldn't bottom out (anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

Do you ever talk to the guy who has the lowered car that you liked the ride of? I'm interested in what he has to say. I do find it hard to believe it rode like a caddy though, but what feels a certain way to me doesnt always feel a certain way to someone else
Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it might not feel like a caddy to anyone else....but coming from what Im driving it drove like a caddy LOL! It was a pretty good ride....No I really dont know the guy.

Im gonna get pics of my bumpstops with the tire off under load....just havent had a chance....paint is drying on my calipers...

Hmmm i just noticed something else....why are my front rotors different from my rear ones??