Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

You guys lie about sfcs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts

Yeah, a typo... about $30 off the normal price. Not $30 for the set. Sorry.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sfc

The way they are installed makes a difference too. Take new or low mileage vs 90k miles body, I seen them done with loaded suspension and wheels hanging, also has the car been tweaked then sfc welded in hello wrinkles. Their are many variables, a poor driveway install on floor jacks could damage your quarters over time. Our f bodys flex and for daily driver it fine, all out racer the car is going to flex add the sfc. The shocks and springs are huge deal. A+ for strano springs! SFC def not a hype/over rated part and have their place. Plus they add 50 hp
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zulatr
The way they are installed makes a difference too. Take new or low mileage vs 90k miles body, I seen them done with loaded suspension and wheels hanging, also has the car been tweaked then sfc welded in hello wrinkles. Their are many variables, a poor driveway install on floor jacks could damage your quarters over time. Our f bodys flex and for daily driver it fine, all out racer the car is going to flex add the sfc. The shocks and springs are huge deal. A+ for strano springs! SFC def not a hype/over rated part and have their place. Plus they add 50 hp
50 hp! Sign me up!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zulatr
yeah good info on suspension being loaded. this is a must for installing SFC's
Old 04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
Well everyone knows that it is the consensus that sfcs are a great modification, they make a night and day difference you can feel "as soon as you leave the driveway".

I got some slp diamond style ones installed and I noticed nothing from them launch wise, handling wise, or anything. Considering i am running a cammed ls1 ttop car with full boltons and suspension i would expect to feel something. Heck, my stb makes more difference in handling. Yes i did do

My only reason for keeping them at this point is for frame reinforcement so i dont tweak it or anything.

Does anyone feel the same way?

My feeling is people claim a difference just to justify buying a set.
I literally just had these installed today on my DD after having them installed on the TA years ago....HUGE improvement in chassis flex, less creeks and rattles over bumps, stiffer ride. I love them! Should have came from the factory this way.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no SFC here
T tops, t56, 100's of 6500+ launches.
wheelies, bent front Aarms, twisted axles, smashed headers. Cut out hundreds of poinds in body metal, just have a 6point rollbar on plates on the floor.
No front swaybar, soild 4130 rear drag bar, car jacks up one corner, tips on 1 wheel fine. no fender dimples. Tops fit fine, no leaks.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only bolt on suspension part I notice a difference with driving the car under normal driving conditions was my Strano hollow sway bars.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
The only bolt on suspension part I notice a difference with driving the car under normal driving conditions was my Strano hollow sway bars.
How much of a difference did they make in daily driving? was it night and day?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoHope
How much of a difference did they make in daily driving? was it night and day?
It was. They made a huge difference.....even under normal driving.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
It was. They made a huge difference.....even under normal driving.
What'd they cost ya?
Old 04-07-2013, 02:18 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They make great jacking rails, IMO
Old 04-07-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by demonspeed
They make great jacking rails, IMO
The car already has jack points. SFC's add 50 lbs of unnecessary weight.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHope
The car already has jack points. SFC's add 50 lbs of unnecessary weight.
Except with SFC's I can place the jack anywhere along them and it lifts the entire side of the car up. If using the jack points it will flex the body and only lift the corner. Then again, if SFC's are useless than that flex wouldn't happen in the first place... I digress...
Old 04-09-2013, 03:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

got em........luv em......highly recommend them......nuff sed
Old 04-09-2013, 05:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Eh, not convinced they do anything for me... I have UMI's bolt on versions on my B4C, may take them off just for the loss of weight...
Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not going to say people purposely lie about them, but I don't buy into 90% of the suspension mods people boast about on here for our cars. I'm talking drag racing only here(my car handles like crap, I admit that), but I see people with the same power pulling the same 60' and worse with hundreds to thousands of $$ in suspension as mine does with $50 drag shocks and v6 springs. I know track prep, tire, etc all comes into play, but I've yet to see solid evidence that the majority of these things help consistently.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Tan327
Not going to say people purposely lie about them, but I don't buy into 90% of the suspension mods people boast about on here for our cars. I'm talking drag racing only here(my car handles like crap, I admit that), but I see people with the same power pulling the same 60' and worse with hundreds to thousands of $$ in suspension as mine does with $50 drag shocks and v6 springs. I know track prep, tire, etc all comes into play, but I've yet to see solid evidence that the majority of these things help consistently.
This.

One of the problems with all of those fancy expensive things is setting them up right. Once you get into double adjustable LCAs and PHBs, and adjustable TAs, adjustable rear coilovers, adjustable sways... you're throwing a lot of dynamics that have to be tuned. Same goes for road racing. The more "settings" you have, the more opportunity you have to dig yourself into a ditch.

Simple is better on suspensions.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a good read, I was planning on SFCs this summer but now I'm not sure. I can tell you my car is pretty flexy, had it on 4 jack stands when I put my motor in and the hood wouldn't close right, on the ground its fine.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know 2nd gens had so much flex that, with a hard launch, they could crack the front windshield. This is with stock power levels. The t-top cars were especially bad about that. I've had subframe connectors in my gen from the very beginning. I can say that they do stiffen the car up and provide a great jacking point as well. I imagine it would be the same for 4th gen cars, but perhaps less noticable inmprovement because of having a more advance "starting point" design.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a second hand set of UMI three point bolt-ins waiting to go on my car...

1) They may or may not help, but I don't see them hurting either, especially being that I am in a convertible
2) I'm really not concerned about the weight. Not saying this is the case for everyone on here, but I know I could certainly stand to put down the cheeseburger and completely offset the weight of the SFC's by shrinking my waistline. Just cracks me up, how some of us "heftier" guys are so concerned with a few lbs on the car when we're dragging excess baggage around with us anyway.
3) Everyone's butt dyno is calibrated differently. Some folks would swear they felt a noticeable difference from a spark plug wire swap. Some folks would feel no difference after throwing on a set of headers. Sometimes people want to feel a difference to justify their expenditure they literally imagine the gain.

Quick Reply: You guys lie about sfcs.