Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach pro kit ass sag problem? common or what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach pro kit *** sag problem? common or what?

alright, i got the eibach pro kit 1.3" front and 1.5" rear with bilstien shocks, the rear sags down, and has since i put the kit on. like it sags a lot, definatly dropped more than 1.5", the shocks helped prevent me from bottoming out, but i can still go to the rear of the car and just about push it down to the bump stops with just me jumping on it.

something isnt right, and the eibach warranty department is retarded. is anyone familliar with this problem?

should i just hold out and get strano's or try to get them warrantied?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont feel bad...your not the first to have that problem.I have had it and so have many others. Just gonna have to suck it up and deal with them or take them out.I took mine out and put the stockers back in.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

finally got through to the tech department, they are aware of the problem and say the cause is having aftermarket lca's with polyurethane bushings. it is constantly putting a strain on the spring and compressing it a bit, causing it to to ride lower.

they said the fix is to press in the factory bushings and everything should be good.

now i installed the lca's and the springs at the same time so im hoping this will be a fix, had anyone who did the eibach pro kit, without having lca's have an *** sag problem.

he said it would lower it by .25-up to 1" which is probabaly about right.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a problem with rear tire rub. I ended up putting a spohn rear street/track bar on. You might want to check your rear sway bar make sure the end links are good. Also might want to check the rear isolaters?

Last edited by Hot94Z28; 03-26-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is my stance I left the rear isolaters in:

Here is my rear spohn bar on the car:

Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

your stance looks perfectly level, maybe even a touch higher in the back. thats exactly what i want. but got the oposite.

as soon as i get my car out of storage i will check the rear isolaters. as far as the sway bar goes, i just ordered sway bar brackets with 19mm bushings for my ford 9". should i get a new sway bar or are just the brackets okay?

moser ford 9" rearend, 31 spline, tru-trac posi and 4.11's
Spohn torque arm with speherical front mount and front drive shaft loop
Sway bar brackets with 19 mm bushing
1350 U joint (needed to hook stock driveshaft to Moser red end)
LCA Relocation brackets for Moser 9"
QTP 3" cutout

thats what i just ordered on top of all my current mods that are in my sig.

so the isolators and possibly the lca bushings are the only problems contributing to the problem?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shocker45
your stance looks perfectly level, maybe even a touch higher in the back. thats exactly what i want. but got the oposite.

as soon as i get my car out of storage i will check the rear isolaters. as far as the sway bar goes, i just ordered sway bar brackets with 19mm bushings for my ford 9". should i get a new sway bar or are just the brackets okay?

moser ford 9" rearend, 31 spline, tru-trac posi and 4.11's
Spohn torque arm with speherical front mount and front drive shaft loop
Sway bar brackets with 19 mm bushing
1350 U joint (needed to hook stock driveshaft to Moser red end)
LCA Relocation brackets for Moser 9"
QTP 3" cutout

thats what i just ordered on top of all my current mods that are in my sig.

so the isolators and possibly the lca bushings are the only problems contributing to the problem?
You might try new end links. I also have UMI LCA and relocation brackets on my car as well I did it the same time I did my shocks/springs. That spohn was a good investment if you ask me. Here is a link to the rear bars they have:
http://www.spohn.net/category.cfm?categoryid=1054
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

i dont know much about suspension, how will the larger 32 mm sway bar help me out? like what do you gain out of it?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well it helped me with my tire rub problem. Also it will help you car lauch strait at the track. Instead of picking up one wheel off the ground it will be strait.
Here is a lauch pic at the track of my car:

Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

what are you guys talking about!

First of all, lca don't compress the rear spring, even with poly (binder) bushings. They may bind when turning hard, but now when sittiing still

Second, Track Bars, phb, phr, sway bars, anti-roll bar, end links, shocks, or whatevever else do NOT change the static ride height. They will help keep the rear centerd and level under lateral G's

Third, a bigger 32mm FRONT bar does not really help with straight line rear traction
Old 03-26-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Eibach springs suck. PERIOD.

They suck even more when the tech department, blames other after market parts for their inferior products.

LCA's poly bushings causing a constant strain . . . . . they why does my stock LCA car sag?? Stupid morons at Eibach . . .
Old 03-26-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Greggy
what are you guys talking about!

First of all, lca don't compress the rear spring, even with poly (binder) bushings. They may bind when turning hard, but now when sittiing still

Second, Track Bars, phb, phr, sway bars, anti-roll bar, end links, shocks, or whatevever else do NOT change the static ride height. They will help keep the rear centerd and level under lateral G's

Third, a bigger 32mm FRONT bar does not really help with straight line rear traction
I said I used the rear bar. It helped with the back tire rub that I was having.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

yep i have my stock lca's in now, my *** drags like a mini truck
Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the same problem on mine, i posted up a thread a while back asking the same thing, i cant find it anymore though but yeah i ride about an inch away from my bumpstop. i was running the stock exhuast before and now running the TD's and i did notice the rear raise up just ALITTLE, i havnt been hitting bumpstops as bad lately, but my car still sags and leans and all of that other good ****...
Old 03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
I said I used the rear bar. It helped with the back tire rub that I was having.

'k .. must of missed it.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finally got through to the tech department, they are aware of the problem and say the cause is having aftermarket lca's with polyurethane bushings. it is constantly putting a strain on the spring and compressing it a bit, causing it to to ride lower.

they said the fix is to press in the factory bushings and everything should be good.

now i installed the lca's and the springs at the same time so im hoping this will be a fix, had anyone who did the eibach pro kit, without having lca's have an *** sag problem.

he said it would lower it by .25-up to 1" which is probabaly about right.

Thanks ... I almost ruined a good keyboard and wasted a mouthful of Fat Tire beer.

LCAs attach BELOW the springs. Unless there is some sort of mystical power that would defy gravity, I don't see how an LCA with ANY bushing can compress a spring from underneath.

I'm no physicist, but I seem to recall something about a fulcrum being needed for this type of energy.

Did Eibach outsource their tech Support to India as well?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

yea it doesnt make sense, i think my best bet is that isolator thing. i hope they just forgot to put them back in, i dont know, but im very quickly becomming sick of eibach. i dont know a whole lot about suspension ****, but it sounded kind of rediculous to me.

Originally Posted by mitchntx

Thanks ... I almost ruined a good keyboard and wasted a mouthful of Fat Tire beer.

LCAs attach BELOW the springs. Unless there is some sort of mystical power that would defy gravity, I don't see how an LCA with ANY bushing can compress a spring from underneath.

I'm no physicist, but I seem to recall something about a fulcrum being needed for this type of energy.

Did Eibach outsource their tech Support to India as well?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea it doesnt make sense, i think my best bet is that isolator thing. i hope they just forgot to put them back in, i dont know, but im very quickly becomming sick of eibach. i dont know a whole lot about suspension ****, but it sounded kind of rediculous to me.
Well I hope you get it fixed. A Common mod to do is take the isolater out and use a hose on the spring to lower the rear an inch or so to level the car. "the hose mod". So was there a hose on the spring maybe the pervious owner did that mod and there is no isolator's. Just a thought to help you out. I know when I first did my shocks and spring having the rear tires rub pissed me off
Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Well I hope you get it fixed. A Common mod to do is take the isolater out and use a hose on the spring to lower the rear an inch or so to level the car. "the hose mod". So was there a hose on the spring maybe the pervious owner did that mod and there is no isolator's. Just a thought to help you out. I know when I first did my shocks and spring having the rear tires rub pissed me off
it was 100% stock when i bought it, and i didnt put the kit in myself. i was getting my exhaust done at the same time as the kit came in so i just got the muffler shop to do it. im assuming they didnt put that isolater in.
im hoping anyways, then ill just toss one in.

where can i get an isolator if i dont have one on the car?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

it was 100% stock when i bought it, and i didnt put the kit in myself. i was getting my exhaust done at the same time as the kit came in so i just got the muffler shop to do it. im assuming they didnt put that isolater in.
im hoping anyways, then ill just toss one in.

where can i get an isolator if i dont have one on the car?

Quick Reply: Eibach pro kit ass sag problem? common or what?