Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA Recommended Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Smith
Is this pix>>Custom Shocks? For Camaro front shocks?
I like this one . I want to get more information of this pix..
Good news for Road Racing?
Is this Koni shocks? what Shock part nu.?
It's not new, it's LG's racing coilover set. It also has real coilovers in the rear shock location.

$2300 a set. More info below:
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...7c10dcee64622b

There's not many pics of his setup out there, but I have a few installed shots.

Also, I don't run a front isolator as I don't think it's needed. Who knows, maybe it would help the ride quality. I'm assuming you mean install it between the spring and the hat?

Last edited by JasonWW; 07-07-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So back to what another member said earlier, Koni's come set on full soft from the factory?? Im having New Era Performance(SPONSOR) install my shocks(4/4 Koni's) and Strano Springs on thursday and I might as well have them adjust them to what settings I think Ill need to start out with, then I can adjust later. From what I've read, 4 1/2 sweeps from full on front, and full soft on rear seem to be popular..... any feedback?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT..WOW expensive$$$. Nice design..

Have anyone build homemade like this one? I think about building one ..

[QUOTE=JasonWW]It's not new, it's LG's racing coilover set. It also has real coilovers in the rear shock location.

$2300 a set. More info below:
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...7c10dcee64622b
Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
So back to what another member said earlier, Koni's come set on full soft from the factory?? Im having New Era Performance(SPONSOR) install my shocks(4/4 Koni's) and Strano Springs on thursday and I might as well have them adjust them to what settings I think Ill need to start out with, then I can adjust later. From what I've read, 4 1/2 sweeps from full on front, and full soft on rear seem to be popular..... any feedback?
Yeah, that's the halfway point for the fronts. What I ended up doing is keep firming up the fronts until the freeway ride made me sick. The firmer it is the faster the car will drop when you go across a low section of road. It makes your stomach go up into your chest like a rollercoaster ride. Or you can just keep going firmer until you think the ride gets too rough and then back them off a little.

I actually do run my rears a bit firmer. For some reason with my rears on full soft the ride is good, but I loose grip accelerating out of turns. About one full turn firmer helps that situation. I guess the softer setting allows the rear to lean a bit faster and the grip goes down. I'm not sure, but that's the way it is with my car.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Smith
TTT..WOW expensive$$$. Nice design..

Have anyone build homemade like this one? I think about building one ..
Yes you can make something similar. It just depends on what you want. Are you looking for a racing shock? Do you need rodends? Etc...

Quick Reply: Koni SA Recommended Settings?