Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just installed eibach springs and new shocks. Why is the drivers side 1/2 inch highe

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Just installed eibach springs and new shocks. Why is the drivers side 1/2 inch highe

I only did the fronts so far. I installed eibach pro kit springs and strano bilstein revalves and also had to put new sway bar end links in because the old ones broke off when I was removing them.

So I'm pretty discouraged right now because the drivers side sits 1/2 inch higher than the passenger side.

The springs and shocks were put together at a firestone today and they used the old parts from my stock springs and shocks with 40k miles. I didn't look real close at how they put them together.

Is there something I should be looking for?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Launching!

The new springs might need time to settle.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you have to be careful to make sure the springs were indexed right, meaning the top and bottom pieces that touch the spring are touching the ends of the area made to be touched by the ends of the spring.. like said they might settle and worked their way level.

before I put mine on i looked at the fronts and rears to make sure they were at least level just sitting there. once I got the front springs on I rotated the top parts clockwise to make sure the isolators butted against the ends of the springs all the way. I havent drove my car since I just put the springs on however from eyeballing it they look about the same, the drivers side I didnt triple check the indexing when I was twisting the top to get it on so everything lined up, but it seems fine.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just make sure the top od the springs are nestled in the right spot, you'll know if they are. I ahd this problem on a 3rd gen and couldn't figure it out. Had everything put back together than realized what was wrong and had to tear it back apart. Alittle easier with the struts tho...
Old 05-12-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

1) They need to settle.
2) You need to do the backs as well.

-Mike
Old 05-12-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Sit in the driver's seat. There goes your 1/2".
Old 05-12-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
Sit in the driver's seat. There goes your 1/2".
That depends. If he's a fatass (like me), he'll be tilted 1/2" the other way.

-Mike
Old 05-12-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine is exactly the same way although I rather explain it as the passenger side is exactly 1/2" lower.

I replaced everythining front and rear, uppper and lower, and I mean everything. All new bolts and nuts and all torqued down to the specs in the service manual, even down to the 1/4" gap is says to leave as a space inside the rear upper insulator. I have 2,300 miles on the car and it is the same as the first 200 miles, which is about all it takes for spigns to settle.

This is very frustrating after several thousand $!

Take a look at all that was replaced.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/713188-new-koni-sa-more-but-rides-like-tank-why-help.html

Old 05-13-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

my car is the same freaking thing! passenger side sits one finger lower then my driver side! even if i sit in the car! it pissed me off.cuz its really noticibly higher! and i dont know why..there stock springs, and shocks.. (im talking bout the rear btw) i havnt touched anything yet.. maybe something was put on wrong by the owner before me.. and once i change shocks, and springs.. the problem will hopefully be fixed.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Maybe because the spare tire/jack has made a home in the right rear for these cars entire life? Just a thought, I have the same problem even after new shocks as well.....
Old 05-13-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Red Orange 96
Maybe because the spare tire/jack has made a home in the right rear for these cars entire life? Just a thought, I have the same problem even after new shocks as well.....

i removed both of those along time ago.

but who knows if they made an impact the time they were there.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought just the 1/2" CNC shock spacerrs from BMR. I only need one to raise the passenger side of the car. If someone would like the other one the total was $55.41 for the pair (charged me over $15 for shipping - WOW), which is outragous but.... I need it.

So for $27 including shipping I will sell the other shock spacer. It does not include the red spring cups. I did not buy those. Let me know.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm

Quick Reply: Just installed eibach springs and new shocks. Why is the drivers side 1/2 inch highe