Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Does its matter which torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does its matter which torque arm?

I am thinking about getting a adjustable tourqe arm. Does it matter what brand I get. I was just wondering if some were better than others. And im not talking about a heavy duty one. Thanks,

Chad
Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really. Especially since you are staying away from a heavy duty one, which to me, means you won't be beating on it that hard.

But I will tell you this. Where is BMR? Where is Lakewood? Where is Sphon? Madman anyone? People will tell you, "I run BMR's torque arm and its great! I recommend mine." That's fine and dandy but UMI's customer service is top-notch. There is more to a product than just the quality of the work and what-not. What if there is a problem? Is it easy to contact them or do they play the game of: Not Replying Back!

Once, I saw a member on the board with a broken torque arm. It was UMI's older weaker design. (They have revised their Torque Arm and made it stronger. Let me make that CLEAR.) UMI replaced it for free! What company would do that?

Bottom line: If Best Buy sells the same computer as Circuit City, but Best Buy has horrendous customer service and Circuit City has the best customer service: Why buy from Best Buy.

Not saying BMR and all those companies have bad customer service. I just believe UMI has the best products, quality, and did I mention top-notch service?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

I personally went with UMI on my torque arm. I thought the mounting looked heavier and a better all around design then the others. Also i bought the tunnel brace mounted arm which bolted up perfectly and they had a specific setup for my long tube headers. It is louder then the tranny mounted design but it doesn't bend around like the stocker either. I'm personally really happy with my umi arm and am probably going to stick with them on other suspension and body hardware.

That post above mine looks like a sales pitch.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies so far.....
Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also a big fan of UMI and their products. I've talked to Ryan on the phone and over PMs. Great products. I'm very happy with my chassis-mounted adj. torque arm, SFCs, PHB and STB. Next is LCAs (have some generic brand and the powdercoat is starting to come off and they're rusting).
Old 06-01-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with Random Technology..
Old 06-01-2007, 08:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

I've switched to all UMI equipment and never looked back.I love their product and the support is second to none!Traver
Old 06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

UMI does make good stuff. They support the board, Sam uses them all good reasons.

But BMR, SPHOEN, they also very good quality products.

Next question is do you need an adjustable torque arm.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a variety vendors that manufacture an adjustable torque arm - most of them are similar in design and are reasonably priced. And there are some that are uniquely taylored for a certain applications (equipped with driveshaft loop, etc), or are part of a package.

It depends on what you plan to do with the car? Once you know, then it becomes a matter of which vendor and price.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm going to personally recommend UMI, because that's where i got mine from, and as mentioned before, their service and products are both top-notch. Ryan is on these boards pretty frequently (i'm actually kinda surprised he hasn't popped in on this thread yet) and answers questions all the time. i know BMR also has people on these boards as well, i've seen them chime in pretty frequently about their products. there may be more, but those are the two that i see on here most of the time, so i don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
11 Second Club

i have umi parts and not a problem so far
Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

I really like my Spohn TA.

http://www.spohn.net/productimages/405_big.jpg

I haven't had any problems that would require contact with them which is a plus!

I did see how UMI did replace some older version for free which is cool too.

If your not going heavy duty, some companies make some nice intermiediate versions.

I would recomend at least getting the front mount off the tranny and making sure the one you buy has adjustability. BMR makes a nice intermediate kit.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/misc/TCC006-small.jpg

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/torque...A002-small.jpg

The TA doesn't need to be adjustable since the front mounting bracket is adjustable

Quick Reply: Does its matter which torque arm?