Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs, Koni 4/4's, KOOK's LTs, UMI Performance- LOOK INSIDE for PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano Springs, Koni 4/4's, KOOK's LTs, UMI Performance- LOOK INSIDE for PICS!!!

Before I go any further, I'd like to thank the following people for their Excellent Customer Service and for going out of their way to help me with choosing a set up thats right for what I wanted and whats good for my needs. None of these guys pushed me to buy anything I didnt need and were only there to HELP. Sam Strano, Ryan at UMI, and Mike and the gang at NEW ERA Performance- THANK YOU!!

Below, I have included a bunch of pictures of my car to help everyone else on here that might be interested in a set up similar to mine. Although its expensive based on the parts I chose, I highly recommend this set up to anyone looking for the same. I wanted something that tucked up tight against the car, something that would outlive the life of the car, and of course I also wanted the best money could buy! All the mods can be found in my Sig: KOOKs LT's, Catted Y, Bunches of UMI stuff, Strano Springs and Koni's to name the basics.

Pardon the Dust in some of the pics, and SORRY for the HUGE SIZE! Anyways Enjoy!
BEFORE:

AFTER with Strano Springs/Koni's/Kooks LT's and Catted Y, and of course some apperance mods
The new "stance" hasnt had time to really settle down yet so Im sure it will drop a tad bit more when all is said and done. Sams springs are white, but tell me if you can see'em! Also, keep in mind that I have a system in the trunk (2 12"subs and box) which weighs probably 50-74lbs if not more, and it really doesnt affect the ride at all nor does it seem to have an effect on the stance based on the pictures.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ride Height/Clearance, etc. First off, The GOOD'Ole Can for measuring....its roughly 5 inches.

AND NOW FOR THE MEASUREMENTS (not to be exact)....
Basically, this is the Lowest part of my car- The Driverside Cat....at about 3" clearance at this point!! Its Not too bad, I like it!

Heres the second lowest part, the remaining part of the Catted Y just before the merge...

And lastly, the third lowest part, my UMI Subframe connectors where they tie into the undercarriage. This part is located where the tunnel brace used to be, yet still about 4" inches of clearance here...

Finally, heres some more pics for you as a view of the whole underside. Im EXTREMELY Satisfied with my set up as it tucks up very nicely- you cant really see much from the side of the car and its all just about even with the front K-Member if you look closely. Overall, Its a big Thumbs Up!

For those of you wondering, YES I DRIVE MY CAR but I keep it clean and wouldn't you its only got 11K on the odometer!
Thanks for looking and as always- feedback/opinions are appreciated!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup. How many miles on it? Looking under the car it almost looks brand new.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everything looks great! Beautiful car!! Working on getting my suspension completely upgraded also.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Looks sweet

Love the blackbird stripes

Last edited by dopy; 07-21-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good lookin/clean setup. Thats actually the setup im plannin on running in the future.. By the way how well do you clear speed bumps?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

thats one sweet ride

hows your handling now??
Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Alex L.
Nice setup. How many miles on it? Looking under the car it almost looks brand new.
Thanks Alex, the car has almost 12,000 on it now. I put about 3,000 on it a year, but I try to keep it clean.
Originally Posted by dopy
Looks sweet
Love the blackbird stripes
Thanks Dopy. Your car is sweet too! I had a white camaro before the TA and loved the color. I sometimes wish I had gotten a white TA as black is such a pain in the *** to keep clean. 5 mins after you wash, its got dust on it or something. Love the CETA mod.
Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Very good lookin/clean setup. Thats actually the setup im plannin on running in the future.. By the way how well do you clear speed bumps?
Well I dont really. I dont have any speed bumps in my area that I have to go over unless I go downtown to the bar district and park in the parking ramps- but if thats the case- I take my other car. My driveway though is a problem. I have a huge incline going up to my garage so I have to take it at an angle and very slow. My exhaust tips are litterly a half inch from scraping. But Thanks for the kind words. Its def. a good set up.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ghostintheshell
thats one sweet ride
hows your handling now??
Thanks, The handling is outstanding! The car takes corners like nothing even happened, like its on rails. Straightline performance is perfect and the bumps in the street dont seem to even phase the car- you basically dont feel them. It pretty much just glides over everything. I do have to watch out for major drops or changes in the road though- like at intersections in my area- some have a huge drop on the opposite side as you cross a main road, or there are some where the road is actually warped from cross traffic and you hit those bumps in your lane. Overall though, its a great set up. The car, when you brake or slam on the accelerator doesnt even move up or down- its just solid all the way through. Same with corners- no body roll. It feels like im stuck on a brand new steel rollercoaster and the car is just glued to the track- no bumps, no sinking, no twisting. The car is set up just how I wanted it, and I love it!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you go with the SA or DA Konis?

Looks good.

Bill
Old 07-22-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bill Bowling
Did you go with the SA or DA Konis?
Looks good.
Bill
Thanks Bill- I went with Single Adjustables Koni's. How do you like your Torquer Cam? I was thinking about going and getting the Torquer V2
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice setup kinda trying to do the same, ive heard on here that strano doesnt recomend the relocation brackets w/ his springs, is this true? how have they worked out w/ your set up? ive heard nothing but good things about the relocation brackets
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

nice, pics.
Your car is so clean, I like working on it
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
Thanks Bill- I went with Single Adjustables Koni's. How do you like your Torquer Cam? I was thinking about going and getting the Torquer V2
I like it a lot. It is great around town.

Bill
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Nice! Are you sure you didn't wax underneath your car????
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Nice setup kinda trying to do the same, ive heard on here that strano doesnt recomend the relocation brackets w/ his springs, is this true? how have they worked out w/ your set up? ive heard nothing but good things about the relocation brackets
I recommend looking at the pro's and con's of a setup. Depending on the use and goals we'll decide. Yes, I sell them, and yes sometimes I recommend them. Sometimes I don't. If it was as easy as a blanket yes or no anybody could and would be doing my job.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by studderin
nice, pics.
Your car is so clean, I like working on it
Thanks John! You guys do great work overthere at the shop! You'll see me again- dont worry about that
Originally Posted by Redlinez
Nice! Are you sure you didn't wax underneath your car????
Yeah Im pretty sure I didnt, but if I had a lift where I stored it on and just looked at my car everyday instead of driving it- then yes- I might consider waxing underneath it The car has been stored in a garage its whole life and rarely sees rain, plus its pretty much a new car still...

Last edited by EvilBLK02TA; 07-23-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for clearing that up sam, its good to know theres guys like you that dont just try n sell something.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you liked everything
Old 07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

That y-pipe tucks up beautifully Is it Kooks Catted Y-Pipe??
The car is amazing looking, I have less mileage then you and my car isn't half as clean as yours

Quick Reply: Strano Springs, Koni 4/4's, KOOK's LTs, UMI Performance- LOOK INSIDE for PICS!!!