Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Line Lock Part Deux

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Line Lock Part Deux

Ok, I finally got around to finishing it yesterday. I cleverly installed the switch in my ash tray (which I don't use) so it's stealthy. Routed the wire out through the PCM hole and found a nice way to route the wiring under the cowl of the hood and around to the solenoid.

My problem is, it really isn't a line lock! No matter how hard I pump those brakes, it only minimally holds the car. Is this normal?

Yes, I bled the brakes, heck, I bled them well enough to where they work better normal driving than they did before I started this, but it simply doesn't lock the car at a stop.

Is this normal? I figure for doing burn outs at the edge of the bleach box, this isn't a huge issue, but from past experience with "locks", they hold the vehicle stationary.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: SLP Line Lock Part Deux

One thing I've been thinking about is the way I installed the solenoid. I installed it upside down like the guys on LS1info did. I'm wondering if that IS in fact incorrect and I should turn it right side up.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like there is still some air in the line. try to bleed them again. i did mine until the fluid was clean. (I cycled all the old fluid out). give it a shot might work.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am. It's one of those things that so many overlook. It's just that I've bled them four times including with my vacuum pump.

I didn't think I introduced that much air into the system.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Flip the damn thing over. We installed one yesterday. The instructions were wrong, and it was even packaged wrong.

It wouldn't hold the car until we flipped it over. Wish they fix their instructions.

-Andrew
Old 06-02-2003, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Andrew for the confirmation.

I did flip it over like in the instructions in LS1info and NOT like in their directions.

Their directions say one way, I have it the other and it still barely does anything.

But I am gonna flip it around again just to satisfy my curiosity. I just did not have time to do it cause I raced my truck Saturday and was at the Nationals Sunday.

I can't see it being the brakes needing bleeding. I'm pretty **** retentive about things and after bleeding four times, I damn confident I got all the air out. Also, the car braked better than it had before I even started this. But it'll have to be bled again anyway if I flip the solenoid.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just installed the SLP LL on mine and no problems, works great. I noticed it says "BRAKE" on the bottom and that end went towards the ABS unit (front brakes). I didn't really bleed my brakes though. I have a brake vacuum sucker that I used to pull new brake fluid through the line lock and tubing. Then I installed the fitting on the ABS. I then barely loosend up the ABS fitting again and had my wife push on the brake pedel (careful, the fluid shoots up) and then I tightened it down like if I was bleeding the calipers. Worked like a charm. I wonder if some air got trapped in your ABS unit? That is much harder to bleed.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually bled it the first time that way (at the ABS unit). Much simpler.

I noticed that "brake" printed on the bottom too. Right now it's up facing the hood. So if yours is facing the ABS unit, it's down, right?

I installed it exactly like in those instructions on LS1info and there's with the "brake" is the same as mine. Perhaps sometime this week I'll get the time to switch around and re-bleed.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I followed the instructions that came with the line lock, it worked perfectly immediately, it holds the cars perfectly, well except for once, but that was a 2nd gear burnout where the rear tires started to grip, and I barely rolled forward
Old 06-03-2003, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually bled it the first time that way (at the ABS unit). Much simpler.

I noticed that "brake" printed on the bottom too. Right now it's up facing the hood. So if yours is facing the ABS unit, it's down, right?

I installed it exactly like in those instructions on LS1info and there's with the "brake" is the same as mine. Perhaps sometime this week I'll get the time to switch around and re-bleed.
Yes, the word "brake" faces down and that line goes to the ABS module. The other line on top goes straight to the master.

I noticed lots of air bubbles when I used pumped the fluid through the line and LL.

Maybe its a faulty LL. Call SLP and see if they will send you out a new LL. They're going to blame it on the bleeding but tell them you bled the sh*t out it.

Quick Reply: SLP Line Lock Part Deux