Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sportlines or Intrax on a Ws6.....Pics please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sportlines or Intrax on a Ws6.....Pics please!

I've searched.....and looked at the height thread at the top of the page....but haven't seen anybody say whether or not they took out the rear isolators.....I wanna see pics of a T/A (hopefully ws6) with sportlines or Intrax springs with NO rear isolators (or heater hose mod)

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

If you plan on running fast on the street I wouldn't do either .....It's too low
I just wasted my time putting sporlines on my car and my crossbrace was 1 "
off the ground.......I do have a BMR extreme torque arm .....If your roads aren't that bad go for it but, I promise you your car will bottom out!! Sportlines are a very ruff ride.......Never done the other springs but they look just as low....don't know about the ride though.........I can say sportlines look sick .......it's all what you can tolerate.......I hope that helps!!
Good Luck
Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MontereyLS1
I've searched.....and looked at the height thread at the top of the page....but haven't seen anybody say whether or not they took out the rear isolators.....I wanna see pics of a T/A (hopefully ws6) with sportlines or Intrax springs with NO rear isolators (or heater hose mod)

Thanks!
What do you mean? No isolator or heater hose either? Aka spring directly on the chassis?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z28bryan
What do you mean? No isolator or heater hose either? Aka spring directly on the chassis?
No I mean I wanna see pics of a Sportline or Intrax setup that someone has done the heater hose mod with the springs.....I love the look I've seen in most pics of these springs, and I come from lowered sport trucks (so I can handle the ride and the scraping) but they all seem to sit a bit higher in the back....

I want my Ws6 to sit right on top of the tires on all four corners (if that helps explain what im going for lol)

My car will never see an SCCA track or any other kind of road course, so all the arguement about throwing handling out the window on the track, etc......I just want the look and the stance.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No I mean I wanna see pics of a Sportline or Intrax setup that someone has done the heater hose mod with the springs.....I love the look I've seen in most pics of these springs, and I come from lowered sport trucks (so I can handle the ride and the scraping) but they all seem to sit a bit higher in the back....

I want my Ws6 to sit right on top of the tires on all four corners (if that helps explain what im going for lol)

My car will never see an SCCA track or any other kind of road course, so all the arguement about throwing handling out the window on the track, etc......I just want the look and the stance.
Look into an air ride setup.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Look into an air ride setup.
If I was going to invest that much money in suspension, I would just put QA1's on all four corners and call it a day.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol... QA1's are cheap compared to a good handling setup

sportlines and intrax are about the same drop but intrax are about double the rate if memory serves me...

if i'm understanding you correctly, you just want to be low, not spend any money and dont care about anything else

that being the case... just cut your stock springs. cheap and meets your objectives.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Q1As are cheap. Im going with a mid range setup. Konis 3/4 and some strano springs. TRUST me You dont want to go lower then 1.5 inchs. It wil kill your buzz of having a low car. Strano are real nice and they lower your car about 1.2 inches. Gives the car a real nice stance. If you have to go lower The prokit is alright, but in a year your rear wil be sagging. heres a pic of my car with sportlines. i cant wait to get them off. And burn them i hate them.

Heres how the strano springs sit.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
lol... QA1's are cheap compared to a good handling setup

sportlines and intrax are about the same drop but intrax are about double the rate if memory serves me...

if i'm understanding you correctly, you just want to be low, not spend any money and dont care about anything else

that being the case... just cut your stock springs. cheap and meets your objectives.

Thanks for the extra info on the spring rate....So that would mean Intrax might be a better spring and keep me from bottoming out my shocks and struts as much?

Yes - I want to be low.

No - I don't mind spending money, I just don't want to spend thousands on an airbag setup is what I was getting at. I've done that 3 times in the past for trucks....I just want a LOW spring/strut/shock/adj phb setup.

Yes - I do care about other things....That's why I'm not going for broke on some airbags.

I just want to know if anybody has PICTURES of a car with Sportline or Intrax springs and the heater hose mod.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Launching!

BigBenz.....Does that Camaro have the rear spring isolators still? or heater hose mod?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BigBenz.....Does that Camaro have the rear spring isolators still? or heater hose mod?

it still has the rear isolators on it. I cant even get into my driveway. I bottom out on the "fill caps" at the gas station. DONT GET SPORTLINES.. Maybe DMS would be a better idea, if you have to go low.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think people remove the rear isolators because the rear springs are sometimes taller then the front. with sportlines it sits even and low.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres some DMS springs done right very nice. Not good for much besides looks.

Originally Posted by SS LS1
For now..............

Having experience with both I would recommend the DMS springs. I run them with Koni DA's and the rear isolator removed and they ride nice and handle much better than the ProKit, plus the rear does not sag and bottom out all the time like with the Eibachs.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Thanks alot for your help.....You have the same LT's and ORY I'm putting on this week....Do you know how far it is off the ground to the ORY? That is the lowest point isnt it?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Launching!

You posted that Camaro right when I was typing lol....That things pure sex! That's pretty much the stance I want....Just right on top of the tires
Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes then DMS are the best choice. If your going to use pacesetters and the ORY your gonna have about 1in of clearance between the ground and the ORY. Dont get sportlines! And never get sportlines with LY headers.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heres some sportline pics for ya. Rides HORRIBLE without good shocks. At high speeds if you hit a bump you about loose control of the car. You feel every little bump and crack and constantly bottom out your car. Car starts to rattle and creek everywhere from the constant abuse to the body. Looks sexy tho.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBenz
heres some DMS springs done right very nice. Not good for much besides looks.
OMG, that stance is just SEXY!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's my car with Intrax springs (they were bought from BMR back in early 2001) and dropped the car an honest 2" - 2.25" all around. I left in the rear spring isolators because it's low enough for my tastes. Even with the KONI's I try to avoid really bad roads because the ride can be punishing. I may swap over to some Strano springs soon, or at least before the 2008 Power Tour.

Honestly, if you drop your car that much and drive it, it will become annoying. Yeah, it looks badass, but that only goes so far on a car you have to drive.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's another angle...

Quick Reply: Sportlines or Intrax on a Ws6.....Pics please!