Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

G2 torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 torque arm

I'm finally getting closer to finding the mods my Z craves, thanks to you guys !
What about the torque arms? I want the absolute best one for daily driving. It has to be quiet, last the life of my car, fit with my borla and SLP SFCs, install very easy!
Old 06-24-2003, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: G2 torque arm

The Edelbrock torque arm would be a good choice, $179 and as easy to install as any on the market today.

Al
Old 06-24-2003, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm about to buy an Edelbrock for my Z...thought I'd try it first....
Old 06-24-2003, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I think you guys will be wasting $179. JMO ...

Under this criteria ...

It has to be quiet, last the life of my car, fit with my borla and SLP SFCs, install very easy!

The G2 TA uses the factory pickup points (no welding, drilling or other fabrication required to install it).

It runs in the same space that the factory unit uses, so any aftermarket part that is engineered and designed to use with the factory TA will work.

Mine makes no noise what-so-ever.

The fact that it has a spherical bearing up front, means that it won't bind in any direction. It's design is simple which makes it strong.

Sometimes the cheapest price is not the best value ...
Old 06-24-2003, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True, but I'm getting mine for alot less ('tis good to have connections) and I am mostly concerned with breaking the stocker under brake hop on race rubber. So, it's worth the cost for the reinforcement (and I can likely sell it if I decide to upgrade). The LG arm is a beautiful piece though....
Old 06-25-2003, 08:57 AM
FormerVendor

Here is the key to this question.

With the G2 Torque arm you will NOT have any more brake hop! so you will never have to worry about it any more, and you will be able to go deeper under braking. You will finally be able to use the brakes to their fullest, rather than "tiptoeing" up to the point of HOP.

Now that is worth the money ( and the 15% sale is still on at LG)

If you try it and have any brake hop, I will take it back and refund your money.

Thanks

Lou G
LG Motorsports 972-272-7753
Old 06-26-2003, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

1) Where is an image of the G2 torque arm bearing? It is not to be found on the web G2 site.

2) How much work/time to put the front mount back to stock?

3) The common cure for brake hop was addressing the F/R brake bias. Can someone shine the light on how the G2 torque arm eliminates brake hop? I would look forward to installing a more agressive rear pad.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2003, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

The G2 front mount uses a heim joint and picks up the same tailshaft attach points as the OEM TA mount. The forward portion of the torque arm simply slides into the heim joint.
Returning to stock is as easy as unbolting the G2 and bolting up the stock piece since there is no modification required. I found the G2 torque arm to be an easier install than the stock part.
IMHO its the best torque arm on the market (best I've seen anyway).
Old 06-28-2003, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the G2 Torque arm you will NOT have any more brake hop!
Lou, your torque arm improved the axle hop on braking, but did not eliminate it for sure. I also have your lightweight LCA's and PHB. Any advice? Brake hop is going to make me sell my F-body and buy a C5.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know this is a really old thread, but there's nothing really recent on these torque arms.

Seems like they've been out of production for a while. I found a supplier and ordered one last week. Apparently it was the last one they had in stock. It arrived without the bearing or mount. I'm in contact with the supplier, but it doesn't look good.

If they can't find or get the mount, I guess I have a few options. They either let me return it for a full refund, I keep it and try fab my out mount, or I have a large paper weight. I really like the idea of the bearing for the front mount unlike every other one out there that uses a bushing.

Does anyone have a close up picture of the bearing or mount? A number off the bearing would be awesome. I would hope the bearings are replicable for when they wear out, even if that means grinding off the old one and welding on the new one.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

^^^ google to the rescue

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/041...ades/#photo-39
Old 03-09-2016, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

WOW, some of the 'turning left and right and braking' people on this ancient thread are no longer here, and are ONLY over on frrax.com now, including the one who started that site.

Quick Reply: G2 torque arm