Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need lowering advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need lowering advice

Need to lower car asap. need name brands and prices.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeeaaaaaah could all of you write up a quick report on this and have it on my desk by the end of the day. Thx bye
Old 12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Yeeaaaaaah could all of you write up a quick report on this and have it on my desk by the end of the day. Thx bye
O-K!

Originally Posted by I don't know how to read a sticky
Need to lower car asap. need name brands and prices.

Click Here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/819775-suspension-brake-tech-faq.html

C-ya! Bye!

Seriously, please learn to help yourself before you ask for help. You didn't specify any goals or constraints, and you didn't demonstrate that you had put any thought into what you're wanting to do. That just doesn't work well in anything in life, just like it doesn
t work well here.

Last edited by 2002BlackSS; 12-14-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have Eiback Pro Kit on my 01 SS I forget how much it was from tire rack but it looks sweet on 18s and handles pretty well.
The ride kinda sucks how bumpy it is at times but thats in addition to having aftermarket big wheels.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ask Strano. IMAO eather Hotchkis or Strano springs and Deff. Koni SA's
Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Call Sam Strano and be ready to spend about $1000 dollars for springs and shocks. Otherwise, half-*** and have half-*** results.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
O-K!

Click Here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819775

C-ya! Bye!

Seriously, please learn to help yourself before you ask for help. You didn't specify any goals or constraints, and you didn't demonstrate that you had put any thought into what you're wanting to do. That just doesn't work well in anything in life, just like it doesn
t work well here.
read the sticky, then ask question.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

and OH and see the sponsors over here----> yeah, click one look around for a few mins. Not trying to be a dick but com'on people? I'd be more than happy to help out but look around!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Sorry did not know this was the IM A CRYBABY ******** FORUM but for those of you that responded thank you.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HOSS Z28
Sorry did not know this was the IM A CRYBABY ******** FORUM but for those of you that responded thank you.
It's not now nor has it ever been; I guess you just don't realize what a jackass you come out to be in your posts.

There are hundreds of ways you can lower your car, most of which can be seen with pictures on here if you cared enough to look around before you posted. If you need to lower your car fast, and don't particularly care about the ride, cut a coil off of your springs with a cutoff wheel.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Teching In

sorry I thought that was to the point so I dont beat around the bush thought the places were to get feed back .
Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll be nice, this can all be found in the sticky at the top of the page. The first link is a guide of everything you need to know about lowering your car. The second is 8 pages worth of pictures of lowered cars with the springs and shocks listed. If you need any more help, you will need to tell us what you want to use the car for and how low you want it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/422236-lowering-guide-newbies.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/406330-those-who-want-see-ride-height-after-springs.html
Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Teching In

thanks if you need any help with lb9 305 let me know had the same motor in my IROC
Old 12-14-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Haha, thanks for the offer, but I really just want to let it be for now and save up some cash for an LS1 swap. It's fun for the time being though, can completely roast the tires from a stop with little effort, if only it pulled to 6k it'd be the best engine ever! Next to the L98 of course
Old 12-14-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad I could help
Old 12-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Teching In

the best thing you can do is put adjustable fuel regulator , air foil , polish throttle body, completely remove lower intake and upper plenum and get a port bit for a cordless drimmle and get all the ridges out of the upper plenum and port match the lower. U will gain about 25 no **** horse power. Or go to hastings or amazon and search for tuned port perfomance books has it all step by step . mine ran a 14.41 with a 1.79 60ft.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

the best thing you can do is put adjustable fuel regulator , air foil , polish throttle body, completely remove lower intake and upper plenum and get a port bit for a cordless drimmle and get all the ridges out of the upper plenum and port match the lower. U will gain about 25 no **** horse power. Or go to hastings or amazon and search for tuned port performance books has it all step by step . mine ran a 14.41 with a 1.79 60ft.
That's pretty quick, there's a track about 15 minutes away from me, but I won't go anywhere near it till I stiffen the car up a bit, the subframe connectors are on their way as we speak! I've only disconnected the emissions crap and thrown on a K&N filter as far as the engine goes though. It's all show no go I get out of college next week for about a month and my car's safe in the garage for the winter, so I actually might do some of that stuff. Why the adjustable fuel pressure regulator though, does it need more pressure?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just cut your stock springs. Others have been doing it for years...
Old 12-15-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

Koni shocks. Hotchkis springs here, and I love them. Strano springs are good too.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Resident

See...If I wanted to really be a ******** I would have told you to just take the wheels off.

Instead I not only gave you a link to the sticky with all the info you need to get started, but also gave you instructions on how to use the forum to find and ask for info. Sure, I used a mocking tone, but that's really because you were too lazy to look first or even state your goals and resources.

I don't know all there is to know about my car's suspension and options for upgrading, but I do know a lot - and nearly all of it I learned from this site, and with never having to ask any questions. There's always more information around you than you are aware of. One of the best things you can do in life is learn to look for it.

All that said, please go back and click on the link I posted. It will take you straight to a wealth of information about suspension objectives, options, setups, results, pictures, stats, etc. Of course, this isn't a store, so you can then follow that up with a browsing of the sponsor's websites, giving them a call, dare I say it - looking at other suppliers to compare options and value, and then making an informed decision.

While I have considered options for my car for years, I'm certain that within 1 day you could figure out what you want and a source for it. If you can't, after doing all that, post up the question(s) you need answers to in order to finalize your decision.

Remember, though - the first step is knowing what you want your car to do when you're done modding. Everything falls in line after that, and noone can give you any answers to what you should do until you've disclosed your intentions.