Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach sportline springs on WS6 opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
When we had sportlines in our 02, and it was 2.25" lower at all 4 corners.
Wow - that's insanely low. I think the only way to go that low properly is with coilovers - i plan to go to 2" lower than stock with mine.

My sportlines only went about 1/4" lower than the prokit. Maybe that's why my ride isn't as bad?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Can anyone tell me how the ride with eibach pro springs and stock shocks is? Is this a good combination?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93zder
Wow - that's insanely low. I think the only way to go that low properly is with coilovers - i plan to go to 2" lower than stock with mine.

My sportlines only went about 1/4" lower than the prokit. Maybe that's why my ride isn't as bad?
How is the fact that a coil over system is adjustable lead you to believe that it will offer a better ride? If the spring rate is the same on both springs, one adjustable and one not, then they will perform almost exactly the same. The coil over may actually perform slightly worse because coil overs use shorter than stock springs... but it might not be that noticeable. If the spring itself is stiffer on the coil over, then you'll be better off than with the sportlines, but no matter what you use to get there, the ride on a car lowered that much going to be crap because the car will constantly be hitting the bump stops just going down the road. If you really want to go that low, your going to need some good shocks to get the ride quality as good as possible, but your still going to be suffering. I wanted coil overs for a long time, but I'm more than happy with the direction i went with the Strano springs. Its up to you, but everyone Ive seen that has dropped their car that low on coil overs has risen the car back up within a week because the ride just isn't worth the look.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phantom_WS6
Can anyone tell me how the ride with eibach pro springs and stock shocks is? Is this a good combination?
Its not great. It will work but the shocks are the weak point in the factory system with stock springs. It just gets worse if you put on aftermarket springs without installing shocks designed for lowered vehicles.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but out of the good shocks listed (Strano, BMR, G2 supersprings, hotchkis) which ones give the lowest ride height? What about the MAC and LG, ive heard alot about LG Motorsports, are they the same people? The strano ones seem like there barely lower than stock, and stock ride height is freakin brutal lookin on these cars.

Quick Reply: Eibach sportline springs on WS6 opinion