Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear sway bar end links

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear sway bar end links

anyone know the part number for the energy suspension rear sway bar endlinks? i have the frame/axle mount bushings all i need are the endlinks. thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Launching!

the suspension guru's don't know??
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Teching In

I just bought and installed the Energy Suspension complete kit. According to my parts list, the rear end link kit is part number 3.5161, the front are 9.8118. Good luck
Old 02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Launching!

im gonna guess that the Energy Suspension endlinks cannot be bought seperately from the kit?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I've been on this subject lately. I have a 21mm BMR bar in the rear. It came with prothane enlinks I think. Though I'm wondering how much it takes into consideration lowering the car. My bushings where the bar was attached were angled a bit and I'm on Strano springs.

I'm wondering if there is a rule of thumb given that you have endlinks of a particular size for your stock height and then you lower the car ~1 inch. If 1 inch typically means you want the endlink spacer to be a certain amount smaller

I've measured the size of my current rear endlinks, but I'm hesitant to just go out and buy the same size due to the arm being attached at an angle.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I've been on this subject lately. I have a 21mm BMR bar in the rear. It came with prothane enlinks I think. Though I'm wondering how much it takes into consideration lowering the car. My bushings where the bar was attached were angled a bit and I'm on Strano springs.

I'm wondering if there is a rule of thumb given that you have endlinks of a particular size for your stock height and then you lower the car ~1 inch. If 1 inch typically means you want the endlink spacer to be a certain amount smaller

I've measured the size of my current rear endlinks, but I'm hesitant to just go out and buy the same size due to the arm being attached at an angle.
What you can do for a lowered application is shorten the end links to bring them back to near vertical as possible.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-07-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
What you can do for a lowered application is shorten the end links to bring them back to near vertical as possible.
So the choice of endlinks provided with the BMR rear bar assumes stock ride height?

I've been doing some reading. Some recommend shimming the spacer. Some recommend going with a smaller spacer and buying washers to space the links appropriately.

What is the next size lower than the rear set you provide?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Actually, what specific endlink and bushing kit do you provide with the 21mm rear swaybar? I'll probably just get the same thing.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Actually, what specific endlink and bushing kit do you provide with the 21mm rear swaybar? I'll probably just get the same thing.
The part # is 3.5145R and I keep them in stock.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302

Quick Reply: rear sway bar end links