Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking for info on SWracecars

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for info on SWracecars

I've been looking at their site for a while and since I no longer have the Goat I'm about to get another F-Body and I'm back at checking out the swracecars products again. Wondering in anyone else has used their stuff or even heard of them. The website in the same as I've spelled it and their stuff looks to be pretty good. Thanks guys
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Launching!

No one has any insight with anything from this company?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Teching In

I havent dealt with them personally but a friend has a 67 Camaro drag car and he has ordered some stuff from them. Sorry I couldnt help you more but thats all I know I will try to find out some stuff from him about them.

Joe
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

If there is anything we can help with suspension wise, please keep us in mind.

www.umiperformance.com

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02camaroburn
I've been looking at their site for a while and since I no longer have the Goat I'm about to get another F-Body and I'm back at checking out the swracecars products again. Wondering in anyone else has used their stuff or even heard of them. The website in the same as I've spelled it and their stuff looks to be pretty good. Thanks guys

I am usually next to them as vendors and they are very knowledgeable and make awesome products. Nothing but top notch!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

S/W is an authorized BMR distributor so some of the parts you might see on there sight are actually ours. You can take a look at the parts first hand at

www.bmrfabrication.com

If you have any questions I can help you with regarding our product line please feel free to ask.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Well since both of you have offered your opinions I think I might try to inform myself. With the UMI products what advantage would I see with the Boxed, tubular, and 3 point subframe connectors compared to each other?

And with BMR would it be better to get a double adjustable torque arm or a relocation kit? Also would getting the T/A relo kit make it as to where I wouldn't need a tunnel brace? Sorry for the questions to two companies at once but I've been out of the F-Body game for a while and I'm wanting to jump right back in head first. Thanks
Old 02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are your intentions with the car?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
What are your intentions with the car?
A car that will be driven on the weekends for some fun and a good beating at the track at least once a month. I've got a pickup for the DD and I'm wanting something that's gonna hook, grab, and go
Old 02-09-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...200&highlight=
Old 02-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the link grifter. Didn't really help me in my situation. I did a search before I posted and didn't find your thread. Must have spelled it differently then I did. My question was about there subframe connectors and such. I'm not looking into a new rear yet.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Well since both of you have offered your opinions I think I might try to inform myself. With the UMI products what advantage would I see with the Boxed, tubular, and 3 point subframe connectors compared to each other?

And with BMR would it be better to get a double adjustable torque arm or a relocation kit? Also would getting the T/A relo kit make it as to where I wouldn't need a tunnel brace? Sorry for the questions to two companies at once but I've been out of the F-Body game for a while and I'm wanting to jump right back in head first. Thanks
If you are planning on trying to make the most of your suspension I would use the adjustable torque arm with the transmission relocation crossmember. The adjustable torque arm(TA001) would allow on car pinion angle adjustment so you can tailor the pinion angle more to your specific application. The torque arm relocation kit and serves several purposes. The most obvious one is it removes the torque arm from the tailshaft of the transmission to prevent transmission damage. The next advantage (at least with ours) is the ability to move the torque arm up and down on the mount. By moving the arm up and down you can tailor how the suspension will react on the street and at the strip. As for your second question this mount is not in the same location as the tunnel brace. What most of our customers do is purchase a driveshaft loop (which most of them need any way) and replace the stamped steel unit with the driveshaft loop. If you have any other questions regarding our products please feel free to ask

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Launching!

So the adjustable T/A and relo bracket will happen. And instead of the tunnel brace a driveshaft loop would be a better choice? Thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 08:55 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

So the adjustable T/A and relo bracket will happen. And instead of the tunnel brace a driveshaft loop would be a better choice? Thanks
Absolutley, If you would like to give me a call tomorrow at the office I can go over the specific part #'s to best suite your application

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302