Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm...which body mount is the best...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Not to mention the willingness to talk over what you need. Very impressed with the customer service!

BMR and UMI are continuly both on here helping out a bunch, lets not discredit them.
alot of people are happy with both of there customer service.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a Spohn adj TA and the ground clearance isn't so great.. I'm not sure what ground clearance is like with the others, but I know I've smacked it atleast 6 times just on speed bumps.. And that is driving extremely slow over them...

The TA is the lowest part on my car..

Spohn's SFC's are effin' amazing though.. can't even see them..
Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJls1
BMR and UMI are continuly both on here helping out a bunch, lets not discredit them.
alot of people are happy with both of there customer service.
Thank you and that is very true. And we have been doing it for years too
Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
The shorter tunnel mounted torque arms transfer weight better and reduce the stress from the tail shaft where the factory style bolts. The choice of which style would be based on how you drove the vehicle. How is it driven?
street/strip, 347/single T76, and i WILL drive it like i stole it.

i am looking for the best possible combination at the strip but i want the car to be steetable. i also have a Kmember, LCA, PHR, and SFC's
Old 02-13-2008, 11:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
street/strip, 347/single T76, and i WILL drive it like i stole it.

i am looking for the best possible combination at the strip but i want the car to be steetable. i also have a Kmember, LCA, PHR, and SFC's
I would recommend one of our shorter tunnel mounted torque arms. Since we use a polyurethane bushing in the front pivot point they are very quiet and street-able.. many companies use rod ends or solid bushings which will lead to road noise. The torque arm bolts off the transmission, features (2) instant center settings and can be purchased with or with out a NHRA legal drive shaft loop. Below is (4) versions we offer, the choice of which one is determined by your current exhaust set-up and whether you wanted a drive shaft loop.

www.umiperformance.com/2200
www.umiperformance.com/2201
www.umiperformance.com/2202
www.umiperformance.com/2203

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-15-2008, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess i need some weights to make my decision easier...all seem like good products...
Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
If you are serious about dragstrip performance we take a different approach ..

We provide a crossbrace to mount the torqure arm directly to your subframes instead of the sheet metal floor where there is no structure. Kind of a no brainer huh...
what is the total weight...
Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think all the suspension sponsors should put on boxing gloves and just ******* go at it. Winner is declared maker or the best parts. My money is on Madman.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by chrs1313
what is the total weight...
The torque arm by itself is 17# and the crossbrace is 4#

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

I have a UMI
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Madman currently holds the world record for a torque arm car. Has to be some good stuff.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i had a Spohn and it hung way too low and scraped on everything. I switched to the UMI torque arm and that had issues in itself..but ryan took care of everything.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I think all the suspension sponsors should put on boxing gloves and just ******* go at it. Winner is declared maker or the best parts. My money is on Madman.
I was thinking the same thing the whole time i was reading this thread. Anyways i hav All UMI suspension, including LCAs, K-member, front LCAs, Torque arm and love there products. Very high quality and there are no clearnace issues with there torque arm. Hopefully the torque arm can handle all the power i am going to throw at it with new S60 and some juice.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

We make a torque arm specifically to clear the TSP true dual system. When we designed this arm we used the TSP system as a guide for clearance since it is a very popular exhaust set-up. Our torque arm allows you to use a TSP true dual set-up and to actually tuck the exhaust up a additional 1" over the factory torque arm. Please reference the link below for additional pictures and information. If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!

www.umiperformance.com/2205

is the torque arm that you make for true duals stock length? so are you losing performance by taking this route over a shorter tunnel mounted T/A? the reason i ask is that i have both sets of T/A's and true duals. i want to decide if i should sell the duals or the longer torque arm.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by myws6istheshiznit
is the torque arm that you make for true duals stock length? so are you losing performance by taking this route over a shorter tunnel mounted T/A? the reason i ask is that i have both sets of T/A's and true duals. i want to decide if i should sell the duals or the longer torque arm.
Hello, No you won't necessary loose performance.. each item has its pro's and con's. Oh, BTW yes this is a long factory length torque arm.

We have vehicles cutting just as good 60' times on a long stock length as we do on the shorter arms. The long style arms also help to reduce brake hope where the shorter arms can actually induce it. The largest benefit of the shorter arms is they remove the torque from the tail shaft, with the longer style you can do this as well by adding a torque arm relocation kit.

If you have any additional questions please ask and I will be glad to help you.
Thank you!
Ryan
Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sharpe
If you go with any of the names mentioned so far, you can't go wrong with a good quality product and customer service to back it up. They are all active on the board and willing to help.

No boxing gloves needed. They all believe their product is the best.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, No you won't necessary loose performance.. each item has its pro's and con's. Oh, BTW yes this is a long factory length torque arm.

We have vehicles cutting just as good 60' times on a long stock length as we do on the shorter arms. The long style arms also help to reduce brake hope where the shorter arms can actually induce it. The largest benefit of the shorter arms is they remove the torque from the tail shaft, with the longer style you can do this as well by adding a torque arm relocation kit.

If you have any additional questions please ask and I will be glad to help you.
Thank you!
Ryan
So do you offer a tunnel mount T/A that will clear TSP duals or is my only choice the standard length for the TSP dual setup I run?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

We make a torque arm specifically to clear the TSP true dual system. When we designed this arm we used the TSP system as a guide for clearance since it is a very popular exhaust set-up. Our torque arm allows you to use a TSP true dual set-up and to actually tuck the exhaust up a additional 1" over the factory torque arm. Please reference the link below for additional pictures and information. If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!

www.umiperformance.com/2205

Will the Torq Arm Relocating bracket fit with this torq arm and the TSP True dual exhaust?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fastz99
Will the Torq Arm Relocating bracket fit with this torq arm and the TSP True dual exhaust?
Yes it sure will, this is the set-up we recommend since you can not run a tunnel mounted torque arm with this exhaust set-up.

The picture below shows our torque arm and torque arm relocation kit installed with the TSP true duals. If you have anymore questions please ask. thank you!
Ryan

Old 03-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet, i am going to be ordering both of these things in a few weeks. Do you have a packaged deal when you buy both of these items together? Please PM me if you do.

Quick Reply: Torque arm...which body mount is the best...