Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help right now please

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default help right now please

im doing my shock swap and i cant get to the nut on tap that is under the brake booster, im i supposed to pull it off or just move it i can get enough clearance to put the rachet in there help please...my number is 813-326-5527 please help me ill be tring in my garage thanks
Old 02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just loosen the master cylinder and move it enough to get to the bolt.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by billybadd
Just loosen the master cylinder and move it enough to get to the bolt.
x2 unless you got a ratchet wrench hehe
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

i freaked out funnt well the front isdone, it looks cool it sucks that i broke fucke =d upthe thread from the spring compressor so i had to go to autozone, since i had no tools at all i just winged it and everytime i needed something i bought it at the depo, it is imposible to swap the springs without a impact drill....so i got one of those that im returning after i clean it real good...179.99 plus 50 for the nuts, im new at the whole wrenching thing, im one of those guys that knows everything in theory, jeje i almost ******* killed myself with the compressor, i dont recommend ever doing this unless you compressor that sits on a bench, i think i fucked up on of my fingers real bad, i cant even type, the the new compressor got stuck because the hotchis springs are progressive so the bottom hook could not get out so had no space arround so i hammered it all the way to the top.... it took me about 6 hpours for each side no joke.....yo guys might ask me why i would admit this but its just because i want everybody to know that **** is not as eassy as they put it....aligning the top of the a arm and the nuts in the shock took me twice to get ite right and that ment recompressing the spring ant adjusting, there is lots of little tricks that you have o learn....anyway ill do the back tomarrow since thats extra easy ive done that one before then im a detail it and take some pix........advised for this mod get a buddy.....most of it was my ******* anxiety, i could of waited for my buddy that is commng tomarrow to do it but im the one that usually tells him how do things..haha so it was a good idea to start before...so tomarrow ill tell him it tokk me like 1 hour for each side.....anyway thacks and ill post as soon as i can some pixs
Old 02-16-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man theres only one real way to learn to turn a wrench, and that includes a lot of blood and sweat. It'll make the finished outcome that more meaningful to you. Sounds like you had one of those days i look back on and try to laugh about...
Old 02-16-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are better than most...Alot of people wouldn't even try, atleast you attempted it, and succeeded. Good Job! Defnitnely helps with impact and a table moutned spring compressor too, ha ha
Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

yea guys dude after too days of battling and almost quiting i felt good to accomplish it next time it will be easier i gues the worse part is not having a decent work area i just bought my house and i did everything on the floor.....i was going to do the hemi too that i just bought but ill wait till i have the cheese to do buy some rims and tires first, im going to take out the exhaust and put some bullets in my magnum next week ....see how that goes........i hope i dont **** up the exhaust bearings
Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jack stands are the **** man. Its the only way to learn. lol @ exhaust bearings

Quick Reply: help right now please