Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car won't hook

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2manycars
FREE MOD!

More PSI in tires = More pounds in tire = Heavier tire that won't hop as much!
putting more air in tires does not make them weigh more...air does not weigh more than air.....more psi will just make them spin....
Old 03-21-2008, 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
putting more air in tires does not make them weigh more...air does not weigh more than air.....more psi will just make them spin....
Yup, lol.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FREE MOD!

More PSI in tires = More pounds in tire = Heavier tire that won't hop as much!

lol .. I got $$ says this ends up in someones sig soon!

Maybe he meant something else???????
Old 03-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Then why do they call it POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH!

Would you believe I talked my friend with a 79 Camaro to put 55psi in his tires at the drag strip. And a few minutes later we caught him airing down his front tires.

BTW a bad torque arm bushing will cause some hop but you get one with any aftermarket torque arm so just get the whole arm. And add more PSI!

Last edited by 2manycars; 03-21-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kratos2250
sorry I have a touquer v2 cam 3200 rpm stall with a set of mt's and I was at the track last weekend and it kept spinning off the line could'nt get it to hook for nothing
My MT drag radials made the biggest difference in traction (make sure you get them hot before you launch... if you dont see smoke, do it again... I run mine at 25 psi usually, but bring it down to 20 if the track isnt prepped well), but after that, my BMR adjustable TQ arm kept me from spinning too bad. The LCA relo. brackets eliminated my wheel hop issue (i did these before i did the tq. arm and before i switched from nittos to MT radials). Adjustable panhard bar wont do anything as far as straightline traction goes. Lowering springs can mess up traction sometimes though, so if you have them, you have to figure out what works for you.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DGraboyes
what helps eliminate wheel hop?
lower control arm relocators will help a lot. also, aftermarket lower control arms, torque arm, and shocks should help
Old 03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Would you believe I talked my friend with a 79 Camaro to put 55psi in his tires at the drag strip. And a few minutes later we caught him airing down his front tires.

BTW a bad torque arm bushing will cause some hop but you get one with any aftermarket torque arm so just get the whole arm. And add more PSI!
You can't be serious
Old 03-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Its pounds of pressure, force exerted in the tires pushing outwards to the atmosphere. Same force pushing down as it is pushing up, therefore it can't change the weight as its negating it in all directions. Which is why it neither floats nor moves on its own. 2manycars you could be classified as slightly retarded, you should delete your posts so we think higher of you down the road. Then again your incredible intellect could be why you have such a great paying job to afford all of the blown up and/or project cars that you have. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Shoot me a PM and I can help you design a suspension setup along with tire choice that is right for you.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a pressure rating.....pounds per square inch is how much force is exerted on the tire pushing outwards. its a measure of force not weight. are you really gonna make my break out my physics book?
Old 03-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Launching!

I thought I made it clear with my second comment in the last post that I was joking. It was meant as a joke and nothing more. I don't need to take a physics class or get a new job but I appreciate the enthusiasm and offers. Yes I do have 10 cars (hence the name) two of them (riviera and acclaim) are cars I repaired for profit and are for sale and a total of six of them currently run. PLEASE don't be jealous of my 85HP Honda! That was a joke also just to clarify. I'm sorry, I did not intend my joke to turn into all this. I just thought I could make a few people laugh.

BTW, ALT not cool to insult someones career or passion especially when you don't know them at all. At least I don't BS and can admit that I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Last edited by 2manycars; 03-22-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol its hard to tell sarcasm online....i just was hoping you werent serious and didnt want any noobs strolling in here and thinking they need to air up their tires
Old 03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Yeah I thought that if they were that thick then it would be good for them to learn to not trust everything you read and learn it in an unharmful way. It's almost time to start gettin' our drink on!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kratos2250
I have a 2002 camaro with about 400 horse, and can't get the thing to hook. What suspension mods do I do to help this out?
Make sure you get some good flat washers, forged would be best
Old 03-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

BTW, ALT not cool to insult someones career or passion especially when you don't know them at all. At least I don't BS and can admit that I have a lot of work ahead of me.
When you post w/o a sarcasm disclaimer it makes things difficult, there are quite a lot of retards that feel like whatever they post is the golden rule and no matter what, the real answer is wrong. I apologize for insulting you only based on the grounds that you are, in fact, quite well informed, granted it took you a few posts for the "j/k guys" to come out.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Launching!

[quote=Alt;8982971]When you post w/o a sarcasm disclaimer it makes things difficult, there are quite a lot of retards that feel like whatever they post is the golden rule and no matter what, the real answer is wrong. I apologize for insulting you only based on the grounds that you are, in fact, quite well informed, granted it took you a few posts for the "j/k guys" to come out. [/quot

That's cool. I'll come clean quicker next time.

Quick Reply: Car won't hook