Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone used Kore3 brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used Kore3 brakes?

I'm wondering if anyone has put the Kore3 corvette brake kit on their F-body. I'm looking for opinions - cause they seem like a pretty good deal. (Whole setup for $550ish)
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

nobody?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

I am looking at the C6 Z06 brake setup. Looks awesome!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

We use the Kore3 C6 Z06 brake setup on our 69 Camazro shop car. There kits are well set up and very reasonably priced. I know we wouldn't hesitate to use them agian.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had a few customers purchase them for rear end builds and from what I have seen and from talking to them personally they know their product very well.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm putting the c5 kit on my 65 skylark. Call and talk to Tobin. He is a great dude to deal with and will explain everything you need to know. I will definitely use them again.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

I installed their C6 kit on my 01 TA this past August and was happy with Tobin's support and the products.

However, my brake balance was way off (to the rear) and have since installed an adjustable proportioning valve from SJM that fixed the problem. The brake force reduction caused by smaller caliper piston size of the C6 caliper is NOT made up for with the increase in rotor diameter. My .02.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

I just bought their setup 2 weeks ago. The only thing they sell special is the conversion bracket, everything else comes from the corvette and is VERY well priced. No fitment issues. Big improvement but not "blow my pants off". Everything felt sloppy b4 and now feels firm. Not that touchy new car brakes feel.
Exactly what I wanted, but now I need to change the back brakes too. The fronts are so smooth I can actually feel when the backs kick in and it's not pleasant: Warped and warn down.
Anyways, I went with the C5 kit. Took to the last millimeter or two of the 17" rim. Pushed forward the rotor too. Fits like a glove! Check my pics. PM me if you want more pics of it than what I posted on my bio.

Ohh one last thing: the C5 brakes are way more precision engineered than the camaro's. Learned that I had a warped hub assembly when I saw the rotor wabble close to the caliper bracket. Never noticed that with the camaro brakes. But if it was any worse; it wouldn't have fit on the camaro. I replaced that ASAP: extra 80$ cost.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikestypes
I installed their C6 kit on my 01 TA this past August and was happy with Tobin's support and the products.

However, my brake balance was way off (to the rear) and have since installed an adjustable proportioning valve from SJM that fixed the problem. The brake force reduction caused by smaller caliper piston size of the C6 caliper is NOT made up for with the increase in rotor diameter. My .02.
Please explain. This is the first I heard of. Do you mean that the rear brakes lock up easily compared to stock front calipers?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bene
Please explain. This is the first I heard of. Do you mean that the rear brakes lock up easily compared to stock front calipers?
Yes, the rears would lock (active ABS) well before the fronts, which is a bad situation. This resulted in much worse braking distances and in a couple of cases, it felt like the ABS was reducing brake effort because it thought is was on ice.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

I'm sorry if I've confused anyone. First, my ABS is turned off (moser rear constantly set it off), what I meant was that I can feel the rear brakes kick in after about midpreasure on the peddle. Before it was all crap, now the rear is crap only, so it's easy to tell IT'S the problem when pulsing occurs. And that's what great front brakes do, accentuate the bad in other areas. <-- driveshaft also needs ballancing. From experience, keep your costs low, there's always another project in the horizon.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

I havent run mine yet but I did the C5 front set up on my 95. LS1 rears. I'll keep you posted once it gets going. I will be deleting ABS anyways and run an adjustable block. so, we'll see. But it installed very nicely, and hooked up well. The ABS reluctor connections sit down in the bracket so are a little difficult to hook in but they still will.

Last edited by projektnitemare13; 12-16-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the C5-C6 kit on my trackday car, go to FRRAX.COM and but trackbirds mounting brackets they are the best ones to get.

I have never had a brake bias problem, I have the stock ABS intact and the car works flawlessly.

This vid is from Roebling Road in south Ga, the car would do 137mph down the front stretch and the car weighs right at 3950lbs with instructor in the car.

I have Blaine Fabrication ducts and hoses on the car with Carbotech XP10 front pads. First lap is a warmup.

http://youtu.be/qCNDermGiwg

Quick Reply: Anyone used Kore3 brakes?