Fix the ABS problem dummy.
50.79%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

ABS delete...yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk if its been said to do, but to deactivate it, just take out the relay. you'll still have the light, but no abs problem. it worked on my 96 TA
Old 04-07-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your abs is de-activated that way, but so is your brake biasing.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

I deleted mina and with a good ajustment to the proportioning valve it stops even better than it did Lost weight too
Old 04-09-2008, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Scammper
check the connections on the rotation sensors at each wheel... on my other camaro I got this light for a while... I finally got under the car and found that the front left connector wasnt fully clicked into place. click. and no more light...
My ABS INOP light is on too. I had a guy from another forum install my longtubes/y-pipe/SLP LM2 and after I got it back, the light was on. I didn't bother checking anything since I was on leave, but will definitely have to check this when I am home for good
Old 04-22-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just put another rear end under my car today. When I pulled the old one out there was a huge chunk taken out of the reluctor ring for the speed sensor. With the new rear things seem to be working okay. I think when I do my brake upgrade I'll go ahead and do the abs delete too.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fix it.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

If you know how to control a car under skid without abs then delete it. If you dont....you may want to keep it. I watched a guy total his car becuase he had no skid control skill what so ever.

Last edited by LS1Silverado05; 05-04-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Fast,

Directions with pictures are included with the kit. All lines are preformed leading to your stock lines which you will tap into. Fittings are included for the stock lines as well.
how come the kit you sell comes with a brake line flaring tool? very close to ordering your !abs kit, but wondering if I need the one with the flare tool or not... thanks...
Old 08-30-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by B8SMANLT1
how come the kit you sell comes with a brake line flaring tool? very close to ordering your !abs kit, but wondering if I need the one with the flare tool or not... thanks...
It's because you have to cut one of your factory lines, add a fitting to it, and then re-flare it. The kit is sold without the tool becuase a lot of guys have a flaring tool (at least that's my guess).
Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fast377, you're completely correct. This is why we also sell the kits without the line lock as some people already own one as well.

We try to make it as economical as possible without the need for someone to repurchase components or specialty tools they may already own.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Teching In

that makes perfect sense... is it mandatory to run a line lock with this kit?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:56 AM
FormerVendor

Yes, our kits are all designed for use with a line lock. Either your own or one of ours. If you do not have one, the line lock option includes the solenoid, two switches, remote mount LED, all electrical needs, mounting hardware etc are all included as a 40.00 option.

A line lock solenoid kit is very useful and will protect the drivetrain and brakes from damage while heating tires up. It will also give you a much more controllable burnout.

If you've never used a line lock solenoid kit, once you use one, you'll probably wonder why you've never had one before.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:15 AM
Teching In

thank you for all your help... my mind is made up! no more abs for me!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

i just put summit stars on my camaro with hoosier slicks in the back skinnies in front..after some street driving wih a listtle pedal to the metal abs inop came on..low traction light and brake light also came on...my braking went to hell...will deleting the abs get rid of this problem..or can tuning for tire diameter help as well...
Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
FormerVendor

Tuning will not help. That would be for used for the speedometer. If you're tires are not 26" diameter (if you're using something like a 24-25" VW tire)...this is why you may be having issues.

Another problem may be your front end tires are smaller and they tend to slip more often...so ABS will consistently activate trying to correct your braking...Its effectiveness on a whole will be diminished if tires are not sized correctly. The EBCM is separate and is tuned for 26" tires.

In a nutshell, either change the above mentioned, or removing ABS is a viable option that has more benefits for modified car vs. negatives. I'd say if you’re not modifying the car, leave ABS alone, it is affective with the stock parameters initially designated. Removing ABS will allow you to have more control over your braking system eliminating future issues with ABS and trying to "work around" it.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

rears tires are 27"...the skinnies are a 165/80/15 tire...car is modded and will keep getting modded..so the queston is will the abs delete kit will solve this problem????and does the brake light need to be covered up w/ the abs and tcs off light
Old 10-16-2008, 12:57 AM
FormerVendor

I apologize if I wasn't specific enough to you. Your problem lies with your tire choices. ABS cannot be fixed or tuned.

Our ABS delete kit will correct your braking issues. Depending on the year LS1 you have, you may/may not have to remove the lamps (or cover them up).
Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GM ABS is designed for wheels of a certain size of a certain weight and with a certain stopping power.

That is all there is to it. Want the "unlocked" Bosch ABS you can adjust for any car? Do you want to be able to run different sized tires?

Here you go. You asked for it:
www.bosch-motorsport.com/abs

Hope you think your ABS is worth it.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to the game and def in need of some help with an abs problem I can see comming. can one of you good samaratans coment on the following please?

I recently changed out my 98 camaro rear end which is 3 chanel abs for a 9" but have come to learn that the 9" is for a four chanel car! do I have a problem getting my abs to work with this? could someone please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks, much appreciatated

fastcayman
Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fastcayman
Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to the game and def in need of some help with an abs problem I can see comming. can one of you good samaratans coment on the following please?

I recently changed out my 98 camaro rear end which is 3 chanel abs for a 9" but have come to learn that the 9" is for a four chanel car! do I have a problem getting my abs to work with this? could someone please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks, much appreciatated

fastcayman
It depends on how important ABS is to you. You can get it to function again but at quite the expense. We do have an ABS delete kit as mentioned above that is probably your best bet...in the end, not having ABS will reap less headaches and less cost. Nothing wrong with ABS, it is perfectly fine on a normal car that you don't modify. Once you modify the car to what most are doing on here...ABS generally won't function as it was designed and will give more problems which can create braking issues and other concerns. I'm sure I've mentioned it above in this same post...its getting quite long now.

Quick Reply: ABS delete...yes or no