Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front and rear polyurethane sway bar bushings- Squeak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front and rear polyurethane sway bar bushings- Squeak?

I am looking to replace my front and rear sway bar mounting bushings with Energy Suspension ones. For you guys running them do they squeak a lot? Is it better to go with the greasable ones?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

my energy suspension bushings squeak alot in the rear, do not really hear it up front
Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

my rear bushings are energy sus. and they are greasable, i dont run a front sway bar, but i havnt heard any squeaks yet.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i just replaced the bushings with energy on the the upper and lower front control arms, rear control arms, front and rear swaybar endlinks and mounts, panhard bar, and torque arm. i love the rigidity of the car now, but all the roads are nice and smooth here in so. cal. I have found out that if you lube the bushings with anti-seize lube, they wont squeak at all, unlike the lube that they give you (washes away after a few years).
This is a link for the kit i bought. its at the middle of the page, the HYPERFLEX SYSTEM.
and yes, i would get the greasable ones.... (included in the kit)
http://energysuspension.com/pages/cam1.html
Old 04-13-2008, 01:43 AM
TECH Resident

my rear bushings are energy sus. and they are greasable, i dont run a front sway bar, but i havnt heard any squeaks yet.
well I installed the end link and sway bar bushing kit in the rear, and ever since then it has squeaked constantly

I doubt I did anything wrong during the install??? I did it at the same time that I installed my 12 bolt
Old 04-13-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies guys, but I am looking for more information on just the sway bar bushings that are NOT grease able? Do they squeak a lot over time? I noticed all aftermarket sway bar suppliers send new bushings that are not grease able. Once the lube they supply washes away will they squeak?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Teching In

What about graphite bushings? Has anyone tried them? Do they come in a master kit?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
We offer grease able body mounting bushings with our sway bars. As long as they are properly greased there is no squeaking issues. If your bushings are still in good shape another suggestion for you is to try a aerosol style grease and spray on the inside of the bushings using the little red tub. Just a suggestion for you to think about.
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2w0s060
Thanks for the replies guys, but I am looking for more information on just the sway bar bushings that are NOT grease able? Do they squeak a lot over time? I noticed all aftermarket sway bar suppliers send new bushings that are not grease able. Once the lube they supply washes away will they squeak?

Thanks
If you're referring to polyurethane swaybar-to-body or those "D" bushings that don't have some sort of zerk fittings to them, they still have to be greased, however, they're going to require to be disconnected from the body then re-greased on the inside area then re-assembled like before. The reason for greasing them is because the grease on the inside of those bushings function as a journal style fluid bearing between the swaybar and the bushing itself. This is why it's imperative to keep them well greased.

There are some that are have sort of "proprietary layer" of "permanent" lubrication (usually some sort of graphite, PTFE, Aramid, or some sort of "close guarded secret" combination of them) that may serve to reduce the static friction between the bar and the poly material itself. Again, it still serves as a sort of bearing/lubrication and should be inspected as well, because even those have been known under certain circumstances to develop squeeks.

With either choice, it's best to follow the manufacturer suggestion with regards to installation and care.

In short, DO ensure the poly swaybar-to-body bushings are adequately lubed.

Last edited by Foxxtron; 02-17-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Front and rear polyurethane sway bar bushings- Squeak?