Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stranoized next weekend, what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:01 PM
cjb
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stranoized next weekend, what to expect?

Uhhh, been waiting all winter for this but next weekend it´s time. Bars, springs and konis going on...and a homemade (from a guy who build racecars) panhard bar with rod ends. Now, been reading so much about this setup I begin to belive that nothing on the street (open trackday?) will catch up with me. (-I guess there will, I´m in the mid 40´s and not a dear devil anymore ha ha But really; am I going to be surprised about the cars handling ability or will it just be "a Camaro" with a nice upgrade? . Yeah I know, I have to wait and see. Maybe I should turn down my expectations a bit...It´s not going to be a Ferrari..or? By the way, anyone have a video with a F-body that´s Stranoized.

CJ/Sweden
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

it will be a pleasant surprise

it rides much smoother and responds beautifully. the car transitions much smoother now through corners too.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan on resusing the upper shock mount in the front save yourself the trouble and just go buy new ones.

The car will handle like a dream and me so much more predictable. The ride is firm, but you can adjust that out of it with the Koni's.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Launching!

yea i had to cut my factory shocks off of mine. most people dont have the tools to do this either. i used a cutting wheel and an air chisle combo. pain.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Prepare for a new car! My Bilsteins and Stranos alone made an amazing difference. You will LOVE it!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Expect chicks to like, throw themselves in your car just begging to give you road head so they can roll in your Stranoized Z.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:28 AM
TECH Resident

Expect chicks to like, throw themselves in your car just begging to give you road head so they can roll in your Stranoized Z.
your post count is as funny as your comment

Old 04-14-2008, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You will be suprised at how nice it is mannered on the street. It is very balanced and you won't regret your decision. I love mine, but you will quickly learn that your new weak link will be your tires. They will be your limiting factor after that, but it still really nice. It will still ride WAY better than brand new and you will find yourself testing your car's higher limits of handling. Enjoy!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I don't know about that

But if you set it up correctly, expect yourself to be able to feel your car turn and feel in control of it unlike you ever have in the past
Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 PM
cjb
Staging Lane

Sound good guys, I really love this car and I want it to perform the best.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick D
I love mine, but you will quickly learn that your new weak link will be your tires.
Yep!! I went out and got 9.5" ZR1's and some 275/17's all around to better take advantage of this package. 315's (especially race compound) all the way around would be absolutely sick handling. I can still make people pee themselves on 275's though
Old 04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
cjb
Staging Lane

yeah, guess I have to consider replace my General 2000 "all season" For now on I will stick to my 16 rims and throw on some Toyo Proxes...Later, maybe next season, I will save up for 17 rims (I like the original SS rims. Someone her had them painted black and that was pretty cool) with Bridgestone potenza.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Yep!! I went out and got 9.5" ZR1's and some 275/17's all around to better take advantage of this package. 315's (especially race compound) all the way around would be absolutely sick handling. I can still make people pee themselves on 275's though

put some NT-01s on

they grip so hard!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
well, that might be pushing it a bit.....but at least you'll know it's actually the chick working for the bobbing, instead of letting all the "floatiness" that it used to have do the work for her......
Old 04-18-2008, 12:37 PM
cjb
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
well, that might be pushing it a bit.....but at least you'll know it's actually the chick working for the bobbing, instead of letting all the "floatiness" that it used to have do the work for her......

LOL, well as for the chicks... I´m recently divorced and frankly happy with the way it turn out . It was; Camaro in, wife out so to speak, and I have no plans to replace her either Man free!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
cjb
Staging Lane

Just back, took her out for a spin. Really nice evening, and just a few cars out on the highway. When I pushed her a little and change lane at about 87 mph, I could feel the front tires getting "flimsy" on the painted part (..not a nice feeling) that separates the lanes. Is that also related to "bad shocks" and will the new setup take care of that? Or is it the tires? 245 is a lot on the ground, will 275 be even worse? On Sunday I´m driving the car to the shop that will perform the transformation. Before that, I´m going to drive the car as much as possible, absorb all the good and bad from the stock setup so I can compeer to the new one.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

It will be a much better ride for sure. The problem you are refering to sounds like bad tires maybe, wider and better tires would provide a larger contact patch there for it would help.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Your going to stare at the car for hours looking at how perfectly it sits. Your going to get aggressive behind the wheel and love the twisties.

Only thing to look out for is the passenger side strut mount nut. Apparently it gets exposed to more splashing of water when you drive and it rusts out pretty bad, mine was gross. Make sure when you put the new one on that you use lots of corrosion preventative or some lithium grease (even though I was planning on it I still forgot lol)

Good luck, let us know how much you love it!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM
cjb
Staging Lane

Okey, drove the car to the shop today... http://www.c-mr.se/
Miss her already....
Old 04-20-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

what ive heard by most of the people on this site is that this is a very good kit, probably gonna be getting the kit this summer...hopefully

Quick Reply: Stranoized next weekend, what to expect?