Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My Eibach Pro-kit/ KYB AGX Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

I find it quite tiresome for those that have not spoken to dealt with me to accuse me of trying to upsell just becaue the parts cost more. I'm hear to help you people, and you don't need take my word for it, there are folks here who have had different shocks and can (and have) compared and contrasted for you.... but then those folks I guess have an agenda as well because their opinion might not mesh with someone else's uninformed opinion.

As was pointed out, I also sell AGX's. I make no bones about that, and I also can explain what the differences are between different parts. Frankly if you can't afford to do the best, that's fine and we can talk about the best available options for the price range. However, considering the time and effort I spend on this and other sites, and on the phone for free educating folks, it's pretty sad you feel the need to attack me, the work I do, or how I do it. And fwiw, if you look off to the right there are many sponsors on this site, and in my experience most are helpful..... Of course we're all here to sell out goods, and we pay for that right. However there is a line between being a so called "****", which is so far beyond any rational statement I still can't believe it was said, and passing along information for those trying to make a decision.

I wasn't bashing his decision, but rather trying to inform those yet to make a decision about differences. I don't really much care if I sell KYB's or Koni's. Just because Koni's cost more doesn't mean I make more money--profit margins vary. The only reason I care what someone buys is because I want them to have the best part they can have for the needs.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are the man strano! lol
Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

agreed.

yeah, once you talk to him on the phone, you find out he is not the '****' that some people think.

Over the phone he is obviously passionate and very knowledgable about what he does. He actually asked me to think my decesion over for a few days and consider spending less money on parts! How can people think he is just trying to upsell when he told me I should really think about the need of parts for what I wanted.

Someone who is just trying to upsell and make money does not tell someone about things that he carries, but that you don't really need.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Launching!

well so much for the simple "review" thread.....and as far as i can tell noone "attacked" strano....**** was not directed at anyone in particular. It was used to describe the people who, upon the mention of an inferior suspension setup relentlessly remind you how inferior it is and how much of a fool you are for not spending big bucks on another setup.....
Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

**** is a offensive term to some, including me.

The use of the word served no usefull purpose. And if you expected varying opinions then you could have said YMMV or some such thing. But to call out, specifically Koni/Strano and follow it with **** and then pretend that you didn't mean anything or that you can't understand how it might offensive is just mind-boggling to me.

This is an information site, you might not like all the information. I certainly don't agree with a lot of what is said or recommended. But I don't call folks names. And like it or not, folks read and "learn" from what it said, and over the years I've had to fix many, many poor setups that were recommended by some guy on a website somewhere. Again, I'm knocking the review. I may or may not agree with everything said. My problem is that lots of time persception become reality, and what you stated in a sentence that included my name was completely out of line. Yes, I have my opinions, and I do my best to support them and explain where they come from. That, does not make me Adolf Hitler, and I'm truly saddened to think that anyone could draw such a parallel over a few car parts.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Launching!

From what I've heard, the Eibach Pro-kit's tend to sag in the rear?

Either from tons of racing or a high HP car....

Let me know if yours sag or not.

I have a brand new set (F&R), but I'm not sure if i want to put them in or not.
They came with the car, never installed.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by b.lee

The LS1 prokit springs don't need any racing or work to be saggy. People put those on and have inconsistent ride heights immediately.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Launching!

I think you might be overreacting alittle there guy....i did not call you or anyone a **** directly...ill admit it may not have been the best choice of terms but as i said before ....**** was not directed at anyone in particular. It was used to describe the people who, upon the mention of an inferior suspension setup relentlessly remind you how inferior it is and how much of a fool you are for not spending big bucks on another setup.....
Old 05-01-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the fact that you used his name in the same sentance though, you said "Koni/Strano" ****.....you may not have been talking directly about him, but you have to remember, you did use his name lol. Its not just a part, it is his name.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Looks like this thread got a little outta hand. I have talked with Sam Strano via email and over the phone. He only wants you to have the best set-up for your needs. He recommends the best, but doesn't push it on you. In the end, as with every decision if life, this is your decision. Take advice and use it to make an educated decision based on your needs and budget. Sam Strano is a knowlegdable man trying to help out us confused souls...

Thanks to Sam for all his help. BTW, I'll be going with Koni/Stano's as soon as I save some money.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

thanks for proving my point everyone
Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b.lee

ls1 pro kit sags, lt1 does not. and the lt1 DOES work on ls1. matter of fact sam recommends them as the next spring down the line if his springs arent in stock.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ddnspider
thanks for proving my point everyone
Your welcome
Old 05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think people are just a bit annoyed at the fact that many people are constantly recommending Stranos/Konis. While we appreciate the fact you guys are recommending top-of-the-line products, you can't deny that they are an expensive combo. I'm all for shelling out the extra cash to get something done right, but damn, Stranos/Konis put one hell of a hole in the wallet.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

The point of this thread was to review a specific setup. I hate to tell you guys who get defensive about when people mention strano/koni combos, but I'll always provide relevant information in these threads if I feel like it needs to be said such that people who are searching for information know what their options are. If you think I'm going to withold info because it hurts your feelings, then I'm sorry but you're going to be disappointed

To that ddnspider guy above, it seems like actually the opposite is true. Your point about Sam pushing his setup is clearly the complete opposite. If he did then he wouldn't offer the advice to use KYB's over Bilstiens, Tokicos, etc other shock types when people can't afford Konis. If he did then he wouldn't recommend using the LT1 prokit springs over the other Eibach types and other spring types when people don't want to buy the Strano springs. If he was just trying to make money off of us, he'd probably makes Strano LCA's, PHB's, etc... He offers the swaybars and the springs because in the fbody racing world there was a demand for certain springs and bars that did not exist. Now they do.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28bryan
The point of this thread was to review a specific setup. I hate to tell you guys who get defensive about when people mention strano/koni combos, but I'll always provide relevant information in these threads if I feel like it needs to be said such that people who are searching for information know what their options are. If you think I'm going to withold info because it hurts your feelings, then I'm sorry but you're going to be disappointed

To that ddnspider guy above, it seems like actually the opposite is true. Your point about Sam pushing his setup is clearly the complete opposite. If he did then he wouldn't offer the advice to use KYB's over Bilstiens, Tokicos, etc other shock types when people can't afford Konis. If he did then he wouldn't recommend using the LT1 prokit springs over the other Eibach types and other spring types when people don't want to buy the Strano springs. If he was just trying to make money off of us, he'd probably makes Strano LCA's, PHB's, etc... He offers the swaybars and the springs because in the fbody racing world there was a demand for certain springs and bars that did not exist. Now they do.
perhaps you should reread the entire thread.the goal of the thread is for 1 person to post HIS results from HIS setup.theres NO comparison in his post.theres no need to bring up ANY other company's stuff since thats not what the thread is about.thats like somebody saying how great they like THEIR new z06 wheels and somebody posts up how much better CCW wheels are.or somebody says how great they like their Falken tires and somebody else says "well BFG KDW's are much better".it serves no purpose since there are already A TON of threads about the other spring/shock setup.make sense
Old 05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ddnspider
perhaps you should reread the entire thread.the goal of the thread is for 1 person to post HIS results from HIS setup.theres NO comparison in his post.theres no need to bring up ANY other company's stuff since thats not what the thread is about.thats like somebody saying how great they like THEIR new z06 wheels and somebody posts up how much better CCW wheels are.or somebody says how great they like their Falken tires and somebody else says "well BFG KDW's are much better".it serves no purpose since there are already A TON of threads about the other spring/shock setup.make sense
That's just where you and I are going to have to disagree then. If I go searching for a good brand of tires and I see that a crappy tire gets a good review by someone who only compared two tires, then I personally would want the fact hidden that there's better tires out there. People posting a different recommendations is never going to change. I don't care if there's a million threads on it. Hope that doesn't disappoint you too much.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sam Strano sucks... He's made too many people so happy they have the nerve to post their finding online, and what's worse is they do so with far too much detail too. And don't get me started on how much time he takes on the phone trying to help folks understand how things work, and trying to make sure the correct parts are sold. What a bastard.....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

^^^^ Hahahaha!!!!!

Jeez you must not like that guy too much huh?!

There are guru's of different disciplines, Sam=Handling, MadMan=Drag They are the people to go to for each one plain and simple. Not that I am a blind follower or an *** kisser, but consistancy is what wins me over, and Sam has shown that mnay times over. So he gets my vote.

And to that fella above me........ How dare you talk about a man like that, not even here to defend himself, I dare you to say that to his face

Oh and for the record. I will most likely end up going with the same shocks as the OP, well in the front at least. I already have adj. drag shocks out back and the fronts are blown. I have no need for any type of corrner carving. I'm a straightline kinda guy.

Last edited by djsanchez2; 05-06-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

you guys crack me up.thanks everyone for proving by original post,again way to ruin the guys thread :

Quick Reply: My Eibach Pro-kit/ KYB AGX Review