Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni prices going up Sept 1.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Koni prices going up Sept 1.

Koni prices going up 9/1.... Get them before the increase!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like it says in the subject line, Koni prices will be increasing on 9/1. Thank you to our weak dollar vs. everything else in the world.

Current pricing on "4/3" $770
Current pricing on "4/4" $880
Approx. September 1 pricing on "4/3" $854
Approx. September 1 pricing on "4/4" $974

Those are huge increases for the very same shocks you can buy right now. We have about 40 sets in stock at various warehouses, I'd recommend getting them while they're hot, and not quite as much money.

As we get closer more exact pricing will emerge. I might try and play with what I can on shipping to try and offset some of the cost increases. However the price will still be significanly higher in the future.

I hope you don't mind the message. I only think it's fair to make folks aware. I don't want anyone blind-sided by the price increase. As always Koni purchases come with installation and setup instruction from me, by phone, to make sure there is no trouble.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow those 4/4 have really gone up in price since i bought mine. They are top notch and i hope they go back down eventually so more people can afford them. As always, Sam is doing his best for the customer.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. The Konis are knocking on 1000.00 if you include shipping.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good way to price themselves right out of the market.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad I got mine before another increase.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Hmmm...maybe I should buy a bunch now and them resell them in a month for a $100 profit.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Sam, I just got my springs last night, thanks!! they'll be on tomorrow. As for the Koni's, you've talked me into it...i'll be ordering next week!!

thanks man,
Mike S.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

glad I already have my springs and 4/4's!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Damn. The Konis are knocking on 1000.00 if you include shipping.

Now its just getting dumb.. Someone needs to get off their *** and make a decent shock for our car.. I think its stupid for someone to pay 1000 for shocks .. **** you can almost get a motor for that price these days. My car doesnt ride that bad to spend a paycheck on shocks .. Im sure ill get flamed,but everyone has their opinion and suggestions as do i
Old 08-08-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

The main reason I would never buy Koni shocks just proved itself once again...
There is no reason in the world to ever spend almost $1,000 just for shocks. Ridiculous!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vndcatr
:....... I think its stupid for someone to pay 1000 for shocks .. **** you can almost get a motor for that price these days. My car doesnt ride that bad to spend a paycheck on shocks .. Im sure ill get flamed,but everyone has their opinion and suggestions as do I

You won't get flamed by me, that's for sure!

God knows, I've spent a CARLOAD of money over the last 40 years, "upgrading" stuff on my cars, and many times the end result didn't justify the payout. I spent $400 a few years back for the SLP Bilsteins, and felt that it was a bit "pricey", as a good HP shock for many cars is in the $50-60 range. However, the improvement in ride and handling at least made it one of those rare times when I could say, "It was worth it".

I recently retired, so I don't have the money any longer to just "throw it" at stuff I HOPE will work. 3.5 years ago, the outfit I retired from, ITT Corporation, bought out a division of the company I formerly worked for, and I became an eployee of ITT. They are the parent corporation that owns Koni. Had I waited another year or so before I ought the Bilsteins, I could have gotten Konis at "wholesale", or about 50% off list. As a retiree, I still can. But even at 50% off, $1000 is a lot of money for a starting point.....Their pension isn't THAT good, that without giving it a LONG HARD look, I can justify spending $500 on a set of shocks!

Just my $0.02 worth..... But vindcatr, I know what you're saying!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a big price jump. I was going to order some next month but scratch that. I'm placing my order for Koni 4/4's today and push some other things back until next month.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

well dang leadfoot start buying them and selling them to us for 700 bucks.lol. you would profit 200 buck and i would be happy paying that price still.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Vndcatr

Now its just getting dumb.. Someone needs to get off their *** and make a decent shock for our car.. I think its stupid for someone to pay 1000 for shocks .. **** you can almost get a motor for that price these days. My car doesnt ride that bad to spend a paycheck on shocks .. Im sure ill get flamed,but everyone has their opinion and suggestions as do i
I don't disagree with you, but think about the risk involved with making new performance parts that are specific to 4th-gen F-bodies. The platform is 15 years old now, and the last new cars rolled off the assembly line six years ago.

Plus, once the new Camaro starts hitting the streets, most manufacturers are going to spend their R&D budgets on parts for that car. Yes, there are still parts for Novas, Chevelles, and the "classic" muscle cars, but they're not nearly as plentiful as parts for 4th-gen F-bodies, and it's a simple matter of supply and demand. The demand for 4th-gen parts is going to drop when people start buying 5th-gens. Maybe not right away, but over time, it will happen.

That said, I have Koni SA's, and I love them. If someone with the time, materials, manufacturing and research ability could come up with a comparable shock for less money, there will be a demand for it. But remember, it's not like every person who owns a 4th-gen F-body would buy them. Hell, not even every person on ls1tech would buy them. So that's a tough investment to make, from a business perspective.

-Mike
Old 08-09-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly with the improvement I felt from the shocks and springs it was totally worth it.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldn't doubt that Sam has made some serious cash for Koni in the past few years and could possibly have an effect on the price. It is actually pricey compared to some other cars like the e90 and e46 BMW cars. The Camaro shouldn't be that expensive. Shouldn't struts cost more than shocks?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
I was going to order some next month but scratch that. I'm placing my order for Koni 4/4's today and push some other things back until next month.
Make sure its the rent or mortgage.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Choppers
well dang leadfoot start buying them and selling them to us for 700 bucks.lol. you would profit 200 buck and i would be happy paying that price still.

I knew that someone was going to say that.....

I don't think that I could convince them that I REALLY own 300 4th gen Camaros. I can picture it now...."Yeah guys, I really dig those Camaros an Firebirds...I got one for every day of the week...and I want to upgrade them ALL!!

Old 08-09-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

its all a question of what people are interested in.. True performance or perceived performance... I care about actual performance and less on how the car "looks" like it will perform. that is why I'd rather spend $1000 on shocks and improve the handling and performance of the car on all points rather than spend $1500-2000 on cheap heavy wheels with the cheapest crap tires just to get a look.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Launching!

/\/\/\ what he said......My 4/4's are en route to me now. You gotta pay to play. From all the countless hours I've spent on this damn site, it's obvious what shocks to get if you want the best. I had the next best on my 96 TA, old bilstein hd's, and even they were over $400. They also had shortcomings too. The koni's will fix that.

Sam is a great business man too. He's not just selling you a product only. Like many others have said, he spent half an hour with me going over my suspension set up.

If you want cheap, go buy some gabriels.

Quick Reply: Koni prices going up Sept 1.