Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

If your educated in the way of the torque arm come in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94lt1m6
Uhh not realy, its still on the car. I would say probably not though. The reason i didnt use the safty wire, is because i didnt have a problem with the bolts Turning and backing out, they just simply RIP out. So i cant drill through, can i retap the threads maybe? What the hell am i to do buy a new rear end?

If the threads are shot there is little else you can do but to drill them out and go the next bolt size up.....
Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
If the threads are shot there is little else you can do but to drill them out and go the next bolt size up.....
I Guess thats what i'll be doing...
Old 09-13-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94lt1m6
I Guess thats what i'll be doing...
I'd be saving up for a better TA. I'm not knocking your car, but that thing (TA) looks like nothing but problems.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
I'd be saving up for a better TA. I'm not knocking your car, but that thing (TA) looks like nothing but problems.
SCREW YOU lol im j/k. I agree with you I have been looking for an hour or so. I Dont have tons of money this second, i have to pay car payment, and school payment this friday, so im looking for a cheap route. I guess im pulling out the rear end tomoro, i'll clean it up and take some pics. Im going to Tap the holes, buy stronger bolts, lock washer them all and locktite all. Then buy a NEW NON ajustable, for cost efficiency and there is less for me to tear up with a non adj. Also im going to put it back to the tranny mount since i still have the mount. This is also for cost effect.

Later down the road i can relocate it, and exchange it for an adjustable. I think this will help since it will be just like a factory set up, and nowhere for me to F*ck anything up.

On a good note the torque arm is now for sale!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobodys gonna buy that POS. LOL! Trow it away. Although Im getting rid of my tunnel mount Adj TA also. I cant stand the noise but my probs are nothing like yours.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Nobodys gonna buy that POS. LOL! Trow it away. Although Im getting rid of my tunnel mount Adj TA also. I cant stand the noise but my probs are nothing like yours.
Lol that what im afraid of...Maybe an ebay item lol
Old 09-14-2008, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

What size should i tap the holes to?
Old 09-14-2008, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Ok guys Ive got it on stands, getting ready to tap the holes, im going to just put my new 60# in to, port the Maf, TB, change wires, plugs, TB Bypass, Fuel pump, FPR and do some MAJOR cleaning while im at all this.

Here are some pics...I got a pic of the bind the DS and rear are in I took off the torque arm, and it didnt move so that appears to be the angle it is in durring driving.....Hince the retaded vibrations and noise.

Also got a pic of the bolt that is used in the top front hole on the rear. compared to the other holes. Do i need to tap the other holes that big? That bolt is massive compared to the others.

On another note, i found this part with the electrical connection still connected, but that was the only thing connected. the hoses that apear to connect there are absent. It was found on the DS of the intake manfold. Does anyone know its purpose?
Also How do you disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rails?
Attached Thumbnails If your educated in the way of the torque arm come in!-dsc01195.jpg   If your educated in the way of the torque arm come in!-dsc01201.jpg   If your educated in the way of the torque arm come in!-dsc01202.jpg   If your educated in the way of the torque arm come in!-dsc01196.jpg  
Old 10-12-2008, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

Well here is an update, I got a stock torque arm off of a v6 auto car, and stuck it in there. Havent had a problem with it since....anyone know what that thing is that i attached a pic of before?