Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Strano Spring Owners: How do you feel about the springs?
Like them, would recommend to others
82.71%
Hate them, think Strano is off his rocker
4.21%
Neither, find them no better or worse than other springs
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009 | 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

First off, thank you Sam for designing a great set of springs and making them available for our cars. My car now feels so very planted and stable. The springs seem to be more responsive and provide a better feel for the road. When subjected to quick/hard steering input, the car literally feels like it want to jump. I love the instant steering response. I was somewhat expecting a bit harsher ride, but it isn't harsh at all. I've fallen in love with my car all over again!
Old 03-02-2009 | 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Brother J--

I'm glad you like them, and thank you for taking the time to give report that's a little more detailed.

The best advertising is a happy customer.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 03-09-2009 | 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love mine. I'm running them with KYB AGX's.

I did have ST springs and Monroe shocks and there is absolutely no comparison in quality, comfort, and handling with the Strano springs/kyb's. My moms Mazda 6 would hang a turn better than my t/a would with the old set up, hahaha....not anymore.
Old 03-11-2009 | 05:15 AM
TECH Resident

I came from stock shocks and an Eibach pro-kit. Swapped in some Stranos and Koni 4/4s last summer and I can't imagine a better setup for what I was after.
Old 03-12-2009 | 04:42 PM
Teching In

damn.. i wish i could get these on my Z, i bought the koni 4/4 setup with Hotchkis springs from sam a while back... i've been pretty happy with 'em, but feel the ride is a bit rough... all this talk makes me wanna swap them out for his new springs... c'est la vie.
Old 03-14-2009 | 10:17 AM
Teching In

Love the springs.Sure changed the look of the car and with Koni's all around the handling is great!Have them on almost a year and other than having to remove the jounce bumpers to keep from bottoming out it's been,....SWEET........Thanx Sam.......
Old 04-25-2009 | 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by candidate zero
I'm not voting, as I've never owned a set of Strano springs, and probably never will...

It seems to me that everyone says they love these springs. I want to hear from someone that had different springs before these. (besides the Eibachs, as we all know their problems) To me, it seems that everyone that loves them came on here, bought Strano springs because of all the hype, and now they like them, but what are they comparing to? There was a guy in here that said he loved his Pro-kit, and I'm sure he did coming from stock springs...

Don't take this the wrong way, it's not meant to take away from your product, I'm just wondering are they better because you say they're better, or are they actually a superior product?
BINGO!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2009 | 01:03 AM
Launching!

i just got mine on today but so far so good, the quality was good and the handling was noticebly better (could be the konis) all in all though great product
Old 04-26-2009 | 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

I really want a set of these springs to replace my Pro's.

Damn good thread!!
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Setting aside for a moment that I sell other springs, beyond my own... and tested so many it's not funny, there are a lot of customers who've had other brand springs on their car previously. In fact I know some of them posted in this thread. And if you were to say start a thread asking that very question, I'm sure you'd get responses.

I can't say for sure, but I know that a large number, probably a good 25% at least of folks with my springs put them on in place of something else.

The information is out there about how the springs came about, and why (testing, and because I wanted something that did not exist). Look around. Ask questions of those that have them--including the one asking what they are comparing to becuase it's good and relevant. I know the answers you'll get, and if you read a lot of the responses carefully as opposed to just skimming which we are all guilty of on the web I'm sure you'll find that sentiment.
Old 04-27-2009 | 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The information is out there about how the springs came about, and why (testing, and because I wanted something that did not exist). Look around. Ask questions of those that have them--including the one asking what they are comparing to becuase it's good and relevant. I know the answers you'll get, and if you read a lot of the responses carefully as opposed to just skimming which we are all guilty of on the web I'm sure you'll find that sentiment.
If something good existed, I would have bought springs by then. But I stayed on stock springs because nothing out there sounded good enough to me to pull the trigger.
Old 05-07-2009 | 08:32 PM
Teching In

I've just installed the rear springs to replace my sagging pro-kit, I was practically riding around on the bumpstops. It's good to have some suspension travel again. And the stance is restored. I've been out a couple of times and am very happy with the springs and the improvement. Pretty disappointed in the eibachs; they sagged so badly, I really think it's a failure and should be covered by their warrantee. Of course, I did buy them almost 7 years ago (from Sam!).
Old 05-08-2009 | 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
Can't say anything about the springs, other than I hear a lot of good things. I hear the same good things about your customer service. However, I have a few thoughts. I don't know where you're getting "bad press" from, or why you even care what a few people say.

My stance on this thread is that it seems like an immature way to get what you want. Having people vote on what they think about your springs, just so you can call them out and call them liars?

There's absolutely no reason for this thread. You have overwhelming support for your springs. Unless somebody died because of a flaw in your springs, there's no reason for damage control.
Old 05-08-2009 | 12:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It's called advertising people. I know it's a shock--but it's how I make my living. And I wanted to show how many normal joes were happy with the product.

Don't forget one of the options I put up to vote on was if folks DID NOT like the springs. If I was simply trying to spin vs. have folks talk about what they thought that wouldn NOT have been an option.

Bottom line, someone somewhere is always pissed off about something. If I can make 99% of the folks I deal with happy, then it's a win--and I think I do a damned good job of that. If you don't agree, that's fine. But judging me, my products, and my support without having used any of them is more than a little judgmental and pretty childish as well.

We'll let the numbers in the poll speak for themselves.... and I'll point out that one "hate" vote is incorrect (Danny2tek) he has a set and is very happy with the, he doens't know how he was recorded as a "hate" vote. If you don't like the thread you are welcome to stay out of it. Nobody is making you read it.
Old 05-08-2009 | 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
It's called advertising people. I know it's a shock--but it's how I make my living. And I wanted to show how many normal joes were happy with the product.

Don't forget one of the options I put up to vote on was if folks DID NOT like the springs. If I was simply trying to spin vs. have folks talk about what they thought that wouldn NOT have been an option.

Bottom line, someone somewhere is always pissed off about something. If I can make 99% of the folks I deal with happy, then it's a win--and I think I do a damned good job of that. If you don't agree, that's fine. But judging me, my products, and my support without having used any of them is more than a little judgmental and pretty childish as well.

We'll let the numbers in the poll speak for themselves.... and I'll point out that one "hate" vote is incorrect (Danny2tek) he has a set and is very happy with the, he doens't know how he was recorded as a "hate" vote. If you don't like the thread you are welcome to stay out of it. Nobody is making you read it.

True story Sam. Very true. Can never make everyone happy.

Judging people you know nothing about just because they have a different budget/setup in mind for their car is just as childish.

I am sure you sell good products, but I am going a different route.

Thanks for your input and attempts to help people on this website; although I think you go about it the wrong way, thats your gig.
Old 05-08-2009 | 12:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well, I'll just have to settle for happy customers. What a shame.
Old 05-08-2009 | 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

I haven't voted yet since I haven't got around to installing your springs. I am really looking forward to driving with the Stranos and Koni 4/4s.
Old 05-09-2009 | 07:25 AM
TECH Veteran

haha nice sig!
Old 05-09-2009 | 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
I haven't voted yet since I haven't got around to installing your springs. I am really looking forward to driving with the Stranos and Koni 4/4s.
you will not be dissapointed with that combination
Old 05-09-2009 | 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
haha nice sig!
An Administrator didn't think so....

Quick Reply: Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?