Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Strano Spring Owners: How do you feel about the springs?
Like them, would recommend to others
82.71%
Hate them, think Strano is off his rocker
4.21%
Neither, find them no better or worse than other springs
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by 99ssleeper
I like them. I'm using them in conjunction with Koni SAs. My only complaint is that in order to get the rear ride height I wanted, I had to remove the isolators and use heater hose on the top coil. Otherwise the car sat too high in the back. No other complaints.
Not to put to fine a point on this, but for the record (because many don't pay attention to details and might not realize this) your sig includes "Dana 60". For those that say "so what?" The springs sit atop the rear axle. Bigger rear axle tube mean the springs sit higher, as does everything on top of them.

If this car had a 10-bolt which is what the springs are designed for--being that's the stock axle and what most cars have, there would not have been reason to compensate with the heater hose in place of the isolator. This would be the case with any spring used of similar drop, not just mine.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It should be noted that trashed front shock mounts and/or rear isolators will cause any car to be lower than design no matter the springs.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Not to put to fine a point on this, but for the record (because many don't pay attention to details and might not realize this) your sig includes "Dana 60". For those that say "so what?" The springs sit atop the rear axle. Bigger rear axle tube mean the springs sit higher, as does everything on top of them.
you are correct sir, although the difference would be about 1/4" in ride height, sometimes it's that 1/4" that kills it

Last edited by 99ssleeper; 10-01-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:55 PM
cjb
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I´m all Stranoized and love it. As always, there are lots of products out there but only a few that really works. This was money well put at the first time. Sam´s knowledge and enthusiasm also contribute to the fact that you will do business with him again.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

I've got one of the original 'prototype' sets along with some Koni 4/4s and I couldn't be happier. The car rides really well (closest thing I could compare it to is a BMW), and handles the corners really well (canyon carving or autocross).

The only 'negative' is that I have be careful from scraping my exhaust on low pavement / high speed bumps, but thats just something you have to live with on a lowered car.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm am still in the middle of installing mine. Already have a rears in but still have to install the fronts when I get a chance. Strano springs & Koni 4/4. Will post a review once its all done and I've done some driving.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Teching In

I've got Strano front and rear bars, springs, and Koni 4/3 SA's just as Sam recommended. I couldn't be more satisfied with the way the car handles.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok.... we're up to 3 I hate my Strano spring votes.

To this point (7:06 ET 10/1), not ONE of 3 nays has posted a reason or explanation of why. They are entitled to their opinions, but I'd like to know why, and confirm they indeed bought springs and aren't just muddying the water.

So how about it? allmotor, Mustang5.Ohater, and wXh151 what say you? I made this poll public so I, along with others can see who voted how.

Interested in the the responses and real names (you can PM me your real names for confirmation). If you don't, I have no choice but to consider your votes bogus.

I know wXh151's vote is crap given his opinion of me (see it here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...290&highlight=) So he's a lying sack of crap and I'm sure doesn't own a set of my springs. He just likes to do drive-by sniping..... And if you doubt it, see here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=22 Careful you don't lose you head in the brown stuff there wXh151....

allmotor: you chime in here (post #6: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...649&highlight=) recommending BMR. I can accept you are a fan of theirs. However, whether you like them wasn't the question posted in the poll. I wanted to hear from those who have experience on my springs. Until I get some proof you even bought my springs, you're simply a troll.

Mustang5.0hater... you don't even seem to have springs according to your sig. and haven't had the decency to give any info to back up your claim you hate my springs vs. not liking me.

In fact--I urge everyone to click on the names of those who vote, both for and against and check out their past posts. A little look around and some reading will show in short order who's full of what. I knew that trolls were a risk when I posted this poll. I guess they didn't count on the fact I could track down their not anonymous votes and see what how they landed in the past. I guess they just think I'm stupid 'er somethin'....

Last edited by Sam Strano; 10-01-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

i loved mine with my konis but i changed them because my car turned more into a race car so i went with the qa1's. i loved the ride height and how they weigh alot less than other brands. i just wish they'd come in a different color but its not that big of a deal.

i accidently clicked the wrong poll thingy... my bad
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just curious... if you loved them, why the vote of no better or worse? Just curious, the post and the vote don't seem to say the same thing. Will respect the vote no matter what.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

The ONLY thing I didnt like was how my exhaust scraped because my car was lower...

I think My exhaust is better now

SO in no way is that anyones fault..

Basically what Im saying is, I love the springs!

The look and handling was excellent!! Ill recommend these to everyone!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Sam,

I had the springs, bars, and rod installed a few weeks ago. I am going up to Lime Rock next Thursday, and I'll let you know how I make out.

BTW- So far, I've noticed a BIG difference, especially in the way the rear tires stay planted after going over a bump in the road.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the complete setup, except I am only running the rear Strano springs, I have the stockers up front on the lower perch. I just installed a fab 9`` rear and the rear springs w/isolators give the car a perfect stance(For My Taste).

The car handles great, but I may firm up the front shocks one click. Its nice to have some adjustment on the shock settings. I hate to sound like a about Sam`s products, but they work like advertised and he is a wealth of knowledge and will take the time to answer your questions and not just sell you stuff.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Sam,

An innocent bystander here, that will most likely order your springs, bars and Koni's when I can overcome the aversion to lowering my car, but my advice is to not get your blood pressure up over the trolls. I know this is your life, and you have dedicated a lot towards making your springs the best on the market, but, after all, this is the internet. There are those out there that will click a negative button just to sit back, eat popcorn, and watch the reaction. And some, like the one a few posts earlier, just click the wrong button.

Unless you've got a written, obviously well thought out response going with a negative vote, you should ignore it. The only thing I can gleen from the inputs made is that there might be a market for quality performance springs that don't drop the car, or only drop it a tiny bit (hint, hint).
Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Aren't you now on Koni's as well? I was pretty sure you swapped springs and shocks at the same time. Am I remembering that incorrectly John?"

Yes, I do have the Koni 4/3 shocks and the ability to adjust and better ride is heads above the revalved Bilsteins.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

sam will they be good with KYB agx shocks? also do you have some pics of this combination im going to be ordering some at the end of the month
Old 10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the pro-kit springs with strano revalved bilsteins, and i love it. BUT if i were to do it over again, i would get the strano springs as the pro kit is slightly lower than i would like... it looks badass but is not the most practical.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Im liking the springs so far, however it seems like my car is very low in the front. Im runnning koni's and on the upper perch. Ill hafta post up a pic but just from looking at other peoples cars with your springs it seems like they have a larger fender to tire gap than i do. This also may be due to the fact that my car was totalled at one point in its life and suffered frame damage. Anyway im loving the springs so far and ill try to get a pic or two posted up of the front.
Same here, ride height was so damn low in the front on the UPPER PERCH. Maybe I got a bum set of springs that slipped past QC? All I know is that the strano springs were tearing my car apart, inside and out. A small bump or imperfection would cause me to bounce out of my seat. Installed the BMR's WITHOUT changing the perch position and couldn't be happier .
Old 10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weird thing is that its only on the drivers side that is what i see as being lower than other peoples drop. I looked at it the other day and could not even get my index finger between the tire and the fender. Its very close to being "tucked" under the fender. The passengers side however has about a finger and a half of distance between top of tire and fender. Now what im wondering is how much of this is caused by the car getting hit on that side and bending the frame. Ill hafta look into the structural part of this because i do not believe that the spring is to blame since the passengers side is where it should be. Ill take some measurements and pics and post them up and see what others think.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love mine. Excellent balance of handling, stance, and ride quality. I am using Koni 4/4 shocks.

On a seperate note: I pulled my tire off the other day and it looked like the spindle has been hitting the spring?

Quick Reply: Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?