Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Strano Spring Owners: How do you feel about the springs?
Like them, would recommend to others
82.71%
Hate them, think Strano is off his rocker
4.21%
Neither, find them no better or worse than other springs
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the way my car rides, handles and looks
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Springs/ Koni 4-4 setup here. Stance alone vs stock makes it worth it. Since I did shocks and springs at the same time I never got to see what difference the springs alone made; I do wish I could ride in a koni/stock spring setup. With the springs though, ride can be a little harsh at times and clearance is less - but the handling and looks increases more than make up for it. I'm looking forwards to scraping together money enough to get the Strano bars...for what it's worth.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the full Strano setup, Koni 4/4, sway bars and springs. Only thought is that the rear springs are a bit soft, would rather see 165-170 lb rate, fronts are fine the way they are. ride height is perfect, never had any problems with clearance under the car.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll explain why I went with the Strano springs...

About 4 years ago, I was trying to intelligently set up my car for autox and daily driving. I was on koni/stock spring combo for a while. When I looked at the available choices of springs out there, nothing really caught my interest. Some of the available spring's ride heights and springrates seemed like they would be "ok". The only thing that sounded best to me was the GC coilover kit since I could get around a 550 and 125-150 combo due to being able to change springs.

As soon as Sam announced he was making his own set of springs a few years ago at 550 and 150 linear rates, there was no question I was getting a set. Not to mention that I didn't even realize a lot of lowering springs can get dislodged when jacking up the car up with the axle at full drop, and that his rear springs won't do that. I didn't feel like dealing with that. Add the fact that the springs are lighter than a lot of aftermarket springs out there, there's no question I'll pay 30 dollars more for his springs than others.

I don't have experience going between stocks to prokits to sportlines to bmrs to stranos... no. The great thing is I don't have to waste my time and money doing that. There's a bunch of people who've tried two different aftermarket springs out there on this site and frrax. Plenty of info to draw my own conclusion. And after I put two and two together, I went with Strano springs without any hesitation.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by toadzq8
I have the full Strano setup, Koni 4/4, sway bars and springs. Only thought is that the rear springs are a bit soft, would rather see 165-170 lb rate, fronts are fine the way they are. ride height is perfect, never had any problems with clearance under the car.
Have you tried a little more rear rebound damping?
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by candidate zero
I'm not voting, as I've never owned a set of Strano springs, and probably never will...

It seems to me that everyone says they love these springs. I want to hear from someone that had different springs before these. (besides the Eibachs, as we all know their problems) To me, it seems that everyone that loves them came on here, bought Strano springs because of all the hype, and now they like them, but what are they comparing to? There was a guy in here that said he loved his Pro-kit, and I'm sure he did coming from stock springs...

Don't take this the wrong way, it's not meant to take away from your product, I'm just wondering are they better because you say they're better, or are they actually a superior product?

There are folks out there who have had other springs. I'd hope some will chime in. In fact there is a man in Colorado named Jeff Spector who changed from Hotchkis to my springs and was super happy he did. The car has better roll and pitch control, and he reports it also rides better over the biggest hits. I'd have to guess thats because the Hotchkis don't gain rate fast enough in certain situations and cause you to hit the bumpstops harder and faster.

I'm sorry to hear that you "probably never will" own my springs. Maybe you won't have any springs. However to address your claim that these are bought on hype: My springs have been used to win Championships. Clearly there are a number of folks happy with them and have explained why. The specs are not hidden, and in fact if you were to check out my website there is a long description of why and what they are. *FAR* more in depth than anyone's else description, and nobody else can claim the results or track record I can.

And why is it that most folks down on my springs (considering they have not owned them but for one man who actually ponied up and gave us his reasons for voting he didn't like them) are from Florida?????
Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

I would have your spings but your out right now... Once you get some him im buying them! Heard 2 many good things to pass them up! Had a friend switch from Eibach ProKit to the Strano Springs and he says it is night and day..

The only question is sam can you get the springs to be a little lower just asking don't flame i like the look but i want a little lower...
Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The springs are what they are. I can't make one set lower than the other 100. And remember that each car is a little different, yours might sit a touch lower than his anyway. And if you want, you can still do the isolator mod if you see fit to get it a little lower in the rear.

A reminder. Springs are ordered, and will be built in Germany in the next few weeks. While it will take some time to get them here, they are coming. And we can, for those interested, take backorders since I've confirmed the price will remain the same @ $275 shipped.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

hmm... i'll talk to the wife... she is the one buying them for christmas... hopefully sam you will be getting a call from her
Old 10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had LG G2 springs w/Bilstein HDs (not ideal, I know) on a previous car but they ended up being very low and the rear-end was sagging a bit (even w/no back seat, spare or jack). It handled well (with the help of Strano sways ) but I wanted to try Strano's springs to compare, ended up selling the car before I could. My current car has Koni 4/3s, Strano springs and sways. Looks great, handles better, and every chance I get I recommend them. Sam's a stand-up guy and is always there to answer questions. Keep up the great work!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have your springs, and i like them a lot. they give me just the right stance for appearance, and they are really good in the handling department (along with the Koni 4/4's i bought from you).

if there was one thing i don't like, it would have to be the comfort level on rough roads...they definitely allow more vibration to be transmitted to the body of the car than the stock springs. it's not unbearable, but it is noticeable.

but then again, i didn't buy the car with the expectations that it would be a touring-type car......if i wanted a cadillac-like ride, i'd have bought a caddy.

if i ever change my mind, i also still have the option to go back to stock springs and do the lower perch/heater hose mod, which should provide a bit more comfort for daily driving (with the obvious drawback to handling performance), but i don't forsee needing to do that anytime soon
Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I wished the Strano's would come in 1" lowering too...To me they lower the car too much but if thats your taste then go for them....I went with BMRs and AGX adjustables myself.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'm sorry to hear that you "probably never will" own my springs. Maybe you won't have any springs. However to address your claim that these are bought on hype: My springs have been used to win Championships. Clearly there are a number of folks happy with them and have explained why. The specs are not hidden, and in fact if you were to check out my website there is a long description of why and what they are. *FAR* more in depth than anyone's else description, and nobody else can claim the results or track record I can.

And why is it that most folks down on my springs (considering they have not owned them but for one man who actually ponied up and gave us his reasons for voting he didn't like them) are from Florida?????
I won't ever own your springs because I'm not a road-racer. Did I down your springs? Why are you getting so defensive? I simply stated I'd like to see people opinions who have owned and tried many different springs.

What does my location have anything to do with my opinion?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:09 AM
TECH Veteran

BMR is in Florida too....funny...maybe thats why he is recurring to that argument. I dont get the defensive reaction too BTW.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by candidate zero
I won't ever own your springs because I'm not a road-racer. Did I down your springs? Why are you getting so defensive? I simply stated I'd like to see people opinions who have owned and tried many different springs.

What does my location have anything to do with my opinion?
Im not a racer either, but the springs are worth the investment. I got lucky, I got them second hand from a guy, at a discount price, who was changing his road race setup to more of a drag setup. He went back to stock springs while he was waiting to get his new parts in, and about two weeks later at a local club get together he begged for me to sell them back. I have to be honest i have no strait across comparison either because when i was doing the swap i found one of the front end links missing. So with that said even with just the spring and eibach bars that i put on at the same time there was a huge differance, albeit that some if the improvment was because i had a working front sway-bar now. Soon enough the eibachs will be out and a pair of hollow strano bars will go on along with some koni 4/4s to replace the stock orange junkers, and all the other parts that have piled up just waiting to be installed while ive been deployed. Then i will have true go-cart handleing, just like what i've looking for.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chaman
I wished the Strano's would come in 1" lowering too...To me they lower the car too much but if thats your taste then go for them....I went with BMRs and AGX adjustables myself.
got any pics of your car?
Old 10-04-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Im waiting for that setup to install them. I will post pics with said setup later!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Thats what I was thinking(BMR)LOL, any way, Sam I think your springs are very competitive. But to get the STRANO experiance. People need to get the whole enchilada-KONIs-swaybars-LCAs-WATTS setup-. What Im saying Sam is alot of us spend what? 1200-1400 for a cam swap and tuning. For 1200-1400 on my susp would have me riding on rails. I dont account for a TQ arm or subframes-LCAs. Only because those items are about instant mods we all do, like the free mods. Now for me I am needing to rebuild my front end. Just dont know who makes what for these cars.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

i have the stranos/bilsteins and i am very happy with them. the stance is perfect and i can also go to the track and cut mid 1.6 60fts on 17" nittos
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These springs are great, I put the rears in as soon as I got em and that made a huge difference. I love the lowered look but dont like my car hitting speed bumps and driveways and these are a perfect in between. Handling is great, ride quality is good but I know it will be better with the konis.

Its a great product Sam!

Quick Reply: Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?