Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Strano Spring Owners: How do you feel about the springs?
Like them, would recommend to others
82.71%
Hate them, think Strano is off his rocker
4.21%
Neither, find them no better or worse than other springs
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from stockers with deCarbons to Stranos and Koni SA's. Full hard on the front, 1 turn from soft on the rear.

Gotta say...I love them.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by wan2run
I went from stockers with deCarbons to Stranos and Koni SA's. Full hard on the front, 1 turn from soft on the rear.

Gotta say...I love them.
I'm glad, and I appreciate your saying so.

For those reading--this is why adjustable shocks matter. I don't run mine that firm at either end. He prefers it, and I'm sure has tried different settings as I have. He's used the damping adjustment to dial the car in to what he likes best.

He's not wrong, I'm not right. People are individuals, and other parts of the setup matter. For instance his tires might be softer sidewalled than what I use, and he's using shock to firm it up. Or maybe he just likes a firmer car. What matters is he had the ability to alter how the car feels and works and that's worth a lot.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-09-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've only drove my car on the streets, so I have no performance information. I love the height of my car, and now can't believe how high stock F-bodies are. The complaint I have is on the highway I have to be careful with mild-medium bumps as the rear end will hit the bump stops easily.

Would I do it again? Yep
Old 10-09-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Sam took care of my rear problem (that doesn't sound quite right, but you get the picture). Excellent recommendation and upgrade.

Thanks Arlyn, oh, and you too Sam! (lol)
Old 10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

I've followed people with Strano's Springs, and I have seen nothing bad about them.
I plan to get a set if I get a 4th gen. I just wish he made a set of springs for the 3rd gens.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

I have sam's springs and KYB's i would have had the Koni's but at the time they were out of stock. i love the handling but i know with the k0oni's it would be alot better. another happy customer from florida. Sam i will be giving you a call soon about some Koni's and sway bars. thank you again from the red spring state!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

being that i have driven my car stock, a car with bilstein/eibachs, and two different cars with strano/koni combos, i feel like i should comment.

my car has 18" wheels with 40psi in my tires and i drive in some of NJs worst roads for 400 miles a week. i will admit that my setup can get annoyingly uncomfortable at times, but most people aren't under my circumstances. the car handles great, no one can deny that, but not everyone drives their car hard enough to warrant the sacrifice in ride quality. don't be mistaken, these springs wont turn your car into a cadillac. if you want comfort, i recommend konis with 1LEs or more importantly, run a 17" wheel combo; but then again, these springs are made for handling.

the car stock is floaty and unpredictable. there is nothing good about it. the eibach/bilstein combo was poorly damped and harsh.

when driving the car on normal roads, the car is smooth and comfortable. its well damped and the rebound is incredible. the spring rates are well thought out but the koni shocks are great. so yes this long post full of run-on sentences was another praise of sam. its a classic case of a guy who knows his stuff, and through trial and error brings us the best stuff.

Last edited by qwikz28; 10-13-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: 400 miles a day?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Launching!

so when are the springs and sways going to be back in stock? I ordered it as part of the UMI stage 1 kit of UMI's website and Ryan told me it would be a while as they are on back order. And I am still waiting.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

^^^^ Yes i want to know when the springs are going to be ready I want to order some asap. I can't wait much longer
Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by extinctls1
^^^^ Yes i want to know when the springs are going to be ready I want to order some asap. I can't wait much longer
just order them and you will be in his back order list so once he gets them they will be shipped to u right away
Old 10-13-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

After hearing good reviews about them, I will definitely be picking up some Stranos and good shocks in the future
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by qwikz28
being that i have driven my car stock, a car with bilstein/eibachs, and two different cars with strano/koni combos, i feel like i should comment.

my car has 18" wheels with 40psi in my tires and i drive in some of NJs worst roads for 400 miles a day. i will admit that my setup can get annoyingly uncomfortable at times, but most people aren't under my circumstances. the car handles great, no one can deny that, but not everyone drives their car hard enough to warrant the sacrifice in ride quality. don't be mistaken, these springs wont turn your car into a cadillac. if you want comfort, i recommend konis with 1LEs or more importantly, run a 17" wheel combo; but then again, these springs are made for handling.

the car stock is floaty and unpredictable. there is nothing good about it. the eibach/bilstein combo was poorly damped and harsh.

when driving the car on normal roads, the car is smooth and comfortable. its well damped and the rebound is incredible. the spring rates are well thought out but the koni shocks are great. so yes this long post full of run-on sentences was another praise of sam. its a classic case of a guy who knows his stuff, and through trial and error brings us the best stuff.

Thank you for the comparison, it should help those looking for exactly that sort of information. And as always, I appreciate you and others taking the time to post your findings with details for others to gain from. That's the sort of posts we need, not the ones that say "I did ____ and it's great", end of post.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by some_punk
so when are the springs and sways going to be back in stock? I ordered it as part of the UMI stage 1 kit of UMI's website and Ryan told me it would be a while as they are on back order. And I am still waiting.
Springs are on order, but are about 10 weeks out. Swaybars are more in limbo. Addco is having material supply troubles, which we hope to be worked out soon. I have started looking for alternate companies to build bars as a backup. But there is a reason you don't see many hollow bars out there vs. solid, they aren't as simple. Hence, we have fewer options to get them made.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Love them. And have recommended them to others.

I went from ProKit springs with stock shocks...to ProKit springs with Koni 4/3's....to Strano springs and the Koni 4/3's.
No regrets. Loved the stance of the ProKit, but the Strano springs have a very similiar stance with a better ride and they sit just a touch higher.

Thanks Sam!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Launching!

So far I like my strano springs and koni 4/4's. I was amazed at how hard i could push the car through the corners now. Stance looks perfect, but not too low where I'm smashing the exhaust.

I had an issue with getting sent 3rd gen rear koni's instead of 4th gens which set back my install, but Sam corrected the issue right away. I would reccommend his springs, and Sam is a great help and had great service!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are OK, but Im going back to stock for better weight transfer, hopefully the Koni's wont kill the nose coming up!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm going to start a poll asking what percentage of people who voted in this poll actually have Strano springs and what percent just voted because it's the Internet and they felt like clicking a button.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I'm going to start a poll asking what percentage of people who voted in this poll actually have Strano springs and what percent just voted because it's the Internet and they felt like clicking a button.

Most of them from what I can tell. You'll notice if you compare the voters to the posts that a good number of the folks voting yes have posted responses as well, where as most of those voting no, or ok haven't posted many responses.

And if you read the very first post in this thread, I asked folks to publish the reason for the votes for *exactly* this reason, to weed out bad information.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Launching!

so how much longer is it going to take before the springs and sway bars arrive?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Various bars are being made. Hollow fronts are not available for the forseeable future. We are making a few runs of solid 35mm fronts to team up with the hollow 22mm rears. The upside is they are significantly less per set @ $369.

Springs take 8-10 weeks to make plus shipping time from Germany. We are 7 weeks from the date the order was placed. I'm hoping like mad we see them early December.

Quick Reply: Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?