Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

WTB: WS6 or SS muffler, maybe Flomaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: WS6 or SS muffler, maybe Flomaster

I just recently got my gf into an '02 Firebird and she wants it "LOUD!" I already explained it can't be as loud as my dumped exhaust without sounding like crap, but I remember when I had a WS6 muffler on my old V6. It sounded pretty good and made it quite a bit louder.

Any how, I'm looking for a muffler for her. Just the muffler, not the whole cat-back. I can't imagine spending more than like $40 for a used muffler that's currently propped up against the back of someone's garage. We're located in Haltom City and I can pick up. I'm looking for something fairly close. Let me know. Thanks. -Alex
Old 02-17-2010, 02:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
I just recently got my gf into an '02 Firebird and she wants it "LOUD!" I already explained it can't be as loud as my dumped exhaust without sounding like crap, but I remember when I had a WS6 muffler on my old V6. It sounded pretty good and made it quite a bit louder.

Any how, I'm looking for a muffler for her. Just the muffler, not the whole cat-back. I can't imagine spending more than like $40 for a used muffler that's currently propped up against the back of someone's garage. We're located in Haltom City and I can pick up. I'm looking for something fairly close. Let me know. Thanks. -Alex
I have a Flowmaster muffler with some very nice chrome 3 1/2 inch tips on there. It would be an easy weld job for any muffler shop. I also have the 3 inch cutout on the pipe leading to the muffler with cap and everything for the times she wants it really loud. It was all together on my car. I'll take 75 for eveything. It was cut in two pieces when my duals went on but everything is still there and in great shape.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Staging Lane

i got a flowmaster with a cutout. let me konw if interested
Old 02-17-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
I have a Flowmaster muffler with some very nice chrome 3 1/2 inch tips on there. It would be an easy weld job for any muffler shop. I also have the 3 inch cutout on the pipe leading to the muffler with cap and everything for the times she wants it really loud. It was all together on my car. I'll take 75 for eveything. It was cut in two pieces when my duals went on but everything is still there and in great shape.

if OP is not interested, I might be...can ya post pics?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

I have a Magnaflow muffler if you interested..
Old 02-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Launching!

how much is the magnaflow? Probably more than I wanna spend, plus she has the factory V6 cat back and the magnaflow probably has a 3" inlet which is really too big...

That's one reason why I wanted a factory muffler cause they aren't 3"
Old 02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
if OP is not interested, I might be...can ya post pics?
Sorry man, I don't have a good camera to take pics. There is no rust on any of it and the tips are clean and shiney chrome. It sounded really good and deep when I had it on my car and that was before my h/c.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
how much is the magnaflow? Probably more than I wanna spend, plus she has the factory V6 cat back and the magnaflow probably has a 3" inlet which is really too big...

That's one reason why I wanted a factory muffler cause they aren't 3"
Hey man I also have the stock 99 muffler off my camaro with the 2 1/2 inch stock chrome tips on there. All still in one piece. In fact, it's on my car now to look like I have some sort of exhaust from behind. 50 bux and it's yours. The muff shop can weld a adapter pipe for the 3 inch to work btw. It will be 2 1/2 on one end and 3 on the other for about 8-10 bux. I'd go with the flowmaster if I were you though. I had a friend with a v-6 camaro and the f/m sounded pretty damn good for a 6 cyl.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a ws6 catback you can have for $80. Also have a flowmaster muffler you can have for $30
Old 02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i guess maybe i'm not very exhaust-knowledgeable, when you say "cutout", what exactly does that mean?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
i guess maybe i'm not very exhaust-knowledgeable, when you say "cutout", what exactly does that mean?
A cutout is a y shaped dump if you will on the Y-pipe leading to the muffler. It has a flat cap on it with three bolts that can be removed at any time to open it. It will make the car loud as **** with it open and gain you about 7-8 more hp than going through the muffler. Then when you want it nice and quite, just keep the cap on there. Do a quick search for manual cutout and you will see a picture. It just welds into the main pipe leading to your muffler and has a side dump. The only reason I got rid of it is because I went with true duals. They make electric cutouts that you can open from inside the car at the flip of a switch but those are expensive. These cost about 40 bux brand new.

Last edited by edzsilverss; 02-18-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looking for something with a nice tone, a little rumble, but not overly loud...anyone willing to ship or close to dallas maybe for a pickup??
Old 04-14-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent.