Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again

I really need to get the boat out of the way for the new one, so here's new pricing:

Turn key - $5000 obo
Less heads - $4250 obo
Less engine, but with 6LS, RPM, headers, and motor plates - $2700 obo
Less engine, but with motor plates - $2000 obo

The time has come for me to get a bigger boat...so my old one is up for sale. This is a '71 Horizon 18' hull with a Jacuzzi WJ pump, 2 year old place diverter, 3* of wedge, and an LS1 engine. It also come with the trailer it's pictured with, however the trailer doesn't have a title and I never transferred it into my name. I'm honestly not sure how you'd go about getting it registered; but it is a good trailer. The boat is registered until 2/11. The boat is available for sale in a couple different configurations. The first way would be $7000 with the LS1, second would be with the LS1 but without my GTP heads, third would be $3500 for the boat with the Oldsmobile parts, and fourth would be with no engine at all for $3000. I am pretty firm on the price with the GTP heads included - but all other prices are OBO.

The LS1 is a 33k mile shortblock from a Camaro SS, with Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, MSD 6LS ignition (laptop programmable), freshly rebuilt Demon 850 carb, VHP 047 cam (210*/218* duration), GTP Stg 2 heads done by Craig himself with Ferrara valves, closed cooling system (no lake water goes through the engine, and failure to winterize will not hurt the engine), Doug's headers, and mufflers (this boat is 100% legal for use on Texas lakes). This engine should be making 420-450 hp. The LS1 was put into the boat because I had some problems with the Olds (see below) and prefer the modern engine for parts availability and weight savings. With the LS1 the boat is legal and ready for lake use.

The Olds 468 BB is a 40 hour (give or take) engine. However, when it was put together, the oil pan wasn't put on right and the oil pumps pick up tube was bent, starving the bottom end of the engine for oil. The engine had the high compression pistons, "G" heads, block modification to restrict oil to the top end and to return oil to the bottom end faster (for more info on this, look up Oldmobile high rpm oil issues), water jacketed manifolds, and an Offenhauser single quad tunnel ram intake. The damage is restricted right now to just needing the crank turned and new bearings, but I can't guarantee that. If you opt for the Olds over the LS1, it will also come with an MSD 6M ignition, MSD Pro Billet distributor, and all the other Olds parts I have.

Here's the bad:
1) The boat has a bow (front) fuel tank, and with the weight savings of the LS1 it rides nose down with anything more than 15 gallons of fuel. I would recommend relocating fuel to the rear of the boat.
2) The boat does have a back seat, but with the cooling system of the LS1 it won't fit right now...if you wanted back seats you'd have to figure something else out for that.
3) The boat has a few paint chips, one on the very front of the bow, and one on the side by the TX numbers where it got against a floating dock that was slightly too tall for the boat.
4) The gauges are not wired up.
5) Trailer has no title.

The first two pictures are the boat with the LS1, and the pictures of it in the water are with the Oldsmobile.

If you have any questions feel free to PM or call me at 320-248-7167. It is a Minnesota number, but I am local in Mathis, TX.
Attached Thumbnails 18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-dsc03577.jpg   18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-dsc03574.jpg   18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-img_0226.jpg   18' Horizon jet boat w/ LS1 - Lake Ready - Reduced again-img_2222.jpg  

Last edited by FormulaZR; 07-14-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Price Reduction
Old 07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol!

SICK thrill!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackfly
lol!

SICK thrill!

It'll definitely put a grin on your face from ear to ear!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

Ok...so I found the boat I want and I'd like to get it this weekend. That being said, I'd make someone a REAL good deal on this one so I can make room for the new one. If you're interested, get in touch with me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Don't be afraid to make me an offer....especially if you're going to use your own heads!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

man that is awesome. i wish i could pick it up from you.

stupid layoffs

good luck with your sale!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChaoSS
man that is awesome. i wish i could pick it up from you.

stupid layoffs

good luck with your sale!

Thanks! Sorry to hear about the bad luck, though.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Are those Dougs conversion headers for a 1st gen F? If so Im glad to see the fitment, looks great!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1c62nv
Are those Dougs conversion headers for a 1st gen F? If so Im glad to see the fitment, looks great!

Is this Robert?

Yeah, these are the headers that I got from you...they worked great.

BTW, saw your car at Kurt's last weekend...nice sound!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Thats gotta be dangerously fast!! Do you know how fast it will go? How fast have you had it? Nice boat.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by puggerton03
Wow! Thats gotta be dangerously fast!! Do you know how fast it will go? How fast have you had it? Nice boat.
Thanks!

With the Olds, the boat would run just shy of 65 The LS1 makes more power, so my guess is with the fuel moved to the rear of the boat it'd do 70-75. Jets are slower than a prop, assuming similar power...but they will run a whole lot shallower and have amazing acceleration.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

WINNER!! Sorry to jack your post but I was wondering how your boat was going. I dig it!! I bet it sounds evil Yes my car is currently stationed at Kirts, actually all 3 of them are there even the Smashed up SS. Im waiting on a new set of Manton push rods, there was a mix up in the first build and they fell about.020 too short. Once installed I will feel a little about winding it up. We'll have to do role run with your AMG should be fun. We would have to go to Mexico of coarse LOL
Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

WINNER!! Sorry to jack your post but I was wondering how your boat was going. I dig it!! I bet it sounds evil Yes my car is currently stationed at Kirts, actually all 3 of them are there even the Smashed up SS. Im waiting on a new set of Manton push rods, there was a mix up in the first build and they fell about.020 too short. Once installed I will feel a little about winding it up. We'll have to do role run with your AMG should be fun. We would have to go to Mexico of coarse LOL
Good to run into you on here. I got the boat finished up, and yeah...it runs and sounds great. It's a little quieter than the Olds at idle...but when you hit the gas, it really sounds like a monster! I'm selling it because it's not so great for rough water...so I've found a bigger jet boat I think I need. I hate to do that considering how much time and money I just put into this one...but it was somewhat of a "science experiment" to see how hard it would be to get the LS into the boat; I will use what I learned from this boat to put an LS engine in my "new" jet boat. I plan on either putting my 383 in the new boat N/A, or dropping the compression and putting a little hairdryer on it.

I saw under the hood...I'm not sure a race against my big black tank would be much of a race; but I'd be happy to stretch it's legs!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Your not supposed to be looking under the GD HOOD I really just need someone to hold the camara im curious what my car looks like from behind all wound up LOLOLOL. Just BSn you bro! We need to get together some time when you come back this way. BTW I have a brand new crate LS6 in stock if you know someone that needs it. Kinda thinkin about donating it to Kirt for his Fox car.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Your not supposed to be looking under the GD HOOD I really just need someone to hold the camara im curious what my car looks like from behind all wound up LOLOLOL. Just BSn you bro! We need to get together some time when you come back this way. BTW I have a brand new crate LS6 in stock if you know someone that needs it. Kinda thinkin about donating it to Kirt for his Fox car.

Ha ha...that's probably how the race would go...but I'd like to see! What are you asking for your LS6?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Thanks! Sorry to hear about the bad luck, though.
no worries...be back in the saddle in no time. sick boat man. one day i'll get one built. see the hulls all the time on craigslist and stuff. never seen an LS1 in one though
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChaoSS
no worries...be back in the saddle in no time. sick boat man. one day i'll get one built. see the hulls all the time on craigslist and stuff. never seen an LS1 in one though

I think there's 4 other guys on here with an LS type engine. Mine is the only carbed one I'm aware of, though. I know injection is the way to go...but I went carbed just for simplicity.

Just be warned about one thing...a couple companies have PTO coupler adapters for LS1 engines, but to my knowledge, none of them actually fit. That's the one part that held me up the longest and caused the most headache! My boat was set up for an Olds, so that made the swap tougher; but if you find a boat that still has the bellhousing for a BBC, all you have to fab is a front mount either using motor plates or making a motor mount setup.

Also, for anyone's future reference, the headers on this are what 1C62NV described - Doug's 1st gen F-body LS swap headers. No other header I could find fit the boat right.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 07-13-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

cool i'll have to do a little searching on here. its cool to have the carb set up too.

thanks for the advice. i'll make a note to look for the BBC bellhousing. the adapters and mounts should be relatively easy. i have tons of machine shop contacts that could help me out from a past job
Old 07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Ill send you a pm so as not to take away from your boat sale or send this thread the wrong direction
Old 07-13-2010, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Price reduced!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Reduced again...make an offer!