Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

Any interest in buying my 02 ws6 that was hit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012 | 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Default Any interest in buying my 02 ws6 that was hit?

Car drives, runs, and handles fine. Its an 02 ws6 with 106k miles and a t56 with black ebony interior. I may part it out, but I would like to sell it for 6k if possible but would accept any offer on it really. The headlight cover is missing (just unscrewed to check for damage, It will come with the car and be back on, as well as any missing moldings). The insurance is saying they are not sure about painting it, since it was pushed into another car (scuffing on pass front, but no cracking or anything to the panels there), so they are offering to total it for me. I really dont want to part it out but I would be open to sell it to someone else. Again, the unibody is fine, car is fine, I drove it for 5 months after this happened and the car is fine.

Anyone interested in it? It was hit in the back. Its perfectly driveable. it would probably need two new quarter panels (small creases at the bottom, left side has a grapefruit dent also by the gas door), and rear bumper also. The front bumper is scuffed but fine. It has a new ls2 clutch and aluminum flywheel (thanks Reckart Perf), the transmission and engine are fine. The only thing wrong with this car besides the obvious is that it *may* need a new water pump, and the adjustable panhard rod needs new rod ends (10 bucks) or you could put my stock one back on it and it would be fine, it also has one warped rotor, but I have the stock rotors ( they have 50 miles on them) and I could swap them out. Its never been tracked/dyno'd/raced, and basically its in great shape. Im basically trying to gauge interest to see how much I could possibly get for this.

Aftermarket parts - BMR STB, SLP Bolt On SFCs, harlan shift light, aux in port for ipod, silver gauge faces with ws6 logo, WS6 stitched headrests, Lid/maf/smooth bellows, SLP y pipe, short throw shifter with lous short stick, SPOHN fully adjustable rear control arms, Granatelli adjustable panhard rod, silver collecters edition firebird rear taillight insert, cross drilled rotors all around wiht hawk pads.
Attached Thumbnails Any interest in buying my 02 ws6 that was hit?-img_0819.jpg   Any interest in buying my 02 ws6 that was hit?-img_0815-medium-.jpg   Any interest in buying my 02 ws6 that was hit?-img_0817-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012 | 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think it will sell for 6K as is. If you want to get close to that, you might want to start parting it out.

If you do decide to part out, I'd be interested in at least the engine/transmission (depending on what exactly the "may need a waterpump means) and tail lights. Possibly also the hood.
Old 08-06-2012 | 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Two big questions: How much is the insurance company offering if you total it out? Do you have the time to tear it all apart and sell parts?

I'd be interested at the right price.
Old 08-06-2012 | 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Texfinn
I don't think it will sell for 6K as is. If you want to get close to that, you might want to start parting it out.

If you do decide to part out, I'd be interested in at least the engine/transmission (depending on what exactly the "may need a waterpump means) and tail lights. Possibly also the hood.
ok. Ill let you konw. The taillights are fine, but do have light scuffing on them. I rubbed most of it off I think. The water pump is going bad because I noticed a bit of fluid coming from the weep hole, and it was squeeling intermittently at start up for 5 min or so. I was going to replace it before this happened. It is probably just a seized bearing, its not overheating or anything. It also has a 160deg tstat in it.
Old 08-06-2012 | 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
Two big questions: How much is the insurance company offering if you total it out? Do you have the time to tear it all apart and sell parts?

I dont have the actual quote right here, but its afew grand
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by imma_stocker

^^This. Couldn't have said it better.

OP, it would probably help if you posted more pics of the damage and the car overall. A video would definitely help. $6k for an 02 WS6 with the damage you posted is doable (based on the info, I would ask for more though). The more info you provide, the easier it may be to get what you are looking for. Be prepared to answer questions about the insurance, you left that pretty open ended.
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hiram007
^^This. Couldn't have said it better.

OP, it would probably help if you posted more pics of the damage and the car overall. A video would definitely help. $6k for an 02 WS6 with the damage you posted is doable (based on the info, I would ask for more though). The more info you provide, the easier it may be to get what you are looking for. Be prepared to answer questions about the insurance, you left that pretty open ended.
Ok, I got the quote, its 3k from the insurance. The damage is to the rear bumper cover (cracked, will need replaced), front bumper cover (can be fixed), rear quarters (could probably be straigtened) and the left frame rail where hte bumper sits. The taillights seem fine, the trunk closes ok, but needs to be slammed a bit more. I can go by today and get more pics if that would help.
Old 08-06-2012 | 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turbo86
If you part it out soon, i would like the following, if not damaged or cracked: dash panel, and both door panels (ebony?)... thx
Yeah I have both door panels ebony uncracked, the dash is fine also
Old 08-06-2012 | 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

I'd be interested in the carpet.
Old 08-06-2012 | 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

I'd be intrested in the T-56 setup...
Old 08-06-2012 | 09:56 PM
Launching!

Damage does not look bad at all. Must be hidden or pictures dont show the damage well.

Interested in Silver Gauge face though if you part out.
Old 08-07-2012 | 12:25 AM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

That wrinkle on the drivers side quarter is probably a sign of pretty severe structural damage. Without looking at it in person it's really hard to tell but those wrinkles usually develop when the unibody has been tweaked in a downward or upward direction pretty good.

not saying it's not fixable with enough dough but definitely a very solid parts car. With a ton of high quality salvage.
Old 08-07-2012 | 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

^this

That section of the car has seam welds that are part of the car's overall structure. Plus the rear quarter panels are a major PITA to repair or replace.
Old 08-15-2012 | 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
That wrinkle on the drivers side quarter is probably a sign of pretty severe structural damage. Without looking at it in person it's really hard to tell but those wrinkles usually develop when the unibody has been tweaked in a downward or upward direction pretty good.

not saying it's not fixable with enough dough but definitely a very solid parts car. With a ton of high quality salvage.
I get it back today, ill post pics up better this week
Old 08-15-2012 | 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Let me know about the whole interior when you start parting out.I will need some pics to and if in good shape we can pm pricing and I will come pull it. I was just down there last wk end bought westxbuffs hood. Ask them about how much to buy back then part out way more money that way if you have the space and time.
Old 08-16-2012 | 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

I'm interested in your suspension stuff, as well as SFCs assuming they weren't damaged when you got hit.
Old 08-17-2012 | 01:31 AM
Teching In

I need the engine harness/ PCM
Let me know if your going to part it out!