Assaulted........

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008 | 06:24 AM
TECH Addict

Default Assaulted........

Well guys I got clocked pretty good tonight over some stupid **** wanted to know what all ya'll have to say about this and what I should do to make sure this guy goes to jail or gets some big fines

Well I was going to my friends house to visit him since he just got out of basic so I stopped by another friends house to see if he was up. Well this girl that apparently has a problem with me was in the garage or something. So I get to my buddies place and my girlfriend calls me telling me she got a text message from that girl saying why was I over there. So naturally I call the girl and she says all this stuff I supposedly said anyways I said lets talk about it and she said ok (this isn't even her house remember).

Anyways I get there and 2 guys come out to my car that usually aren't over there one asks why i'm there I said im here to talk to so and so and to straighten stuff out he says you can talk to me, I told him I'm not fighting you dude... he said get out of the car and grabs my door handle (locked) I told him again nope.....he then hit me in the left side of the face and try's to grab my head or something like that... as this is going on im starting to dump my clutch with the e-brake on and he punches my quarter panel (slight wave minor scratches)

As soon as I was down the street I Called 911 immediately and me and my buddy went up to the station and filed a report the police got pictures of my face (barely noticeable, and my cars quarter panel)... the cop I talked to knew where the assaulter lived previously so I imagine he has a record

I wasn't about to get out of my car without knowing what weapons or how many more people there where damn I wish I was 21 with a gun about now
Old 10-20-2008 | 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Were those guys drunk? I had 4 guys in a truck pull up next to me talking **** just for the fun of it this weekend. Telling me to get out of the car. Little did they know I had my Browning shotguy filled with 6 slugs in the back seat. If they would have done that **** to me they would have been amputated with a slug man.
When ever you can legally get a gun, get one. You could have just pointed the gun at them and been like "what now bitch?" They would have went on their way.

But anyways, I dont know anything about law or anything, so no advice there. Goodluck with everything.
Old 10-20-2008 | 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

sounds like you did the right thing by leaving to me....it may not be as satisfying as say......dumping the clutch on his face.....but it will keep you out of jail, or getting your *** beaten to a pulp or killed from being outnumbered, especially when you don't know whether or not weapons are involved.

and as you say, if the cops already know the guy, he probably already has a record, so this will just add one more mark against him. just press full charges and follow through with it until the end to make sure he gets as much punishment as possible.

if this happened at your buddy's house, he could probably press charges on the guy for trespassing or something also....if it was at their house, well.....just don't go there anymore. may be a good idea to look into getting a concealed handgun license also.

edit: i just saw you're not 21 yet....but you can still legally carry a shotgun, i believe the age limit for rifles/shotguns is 18 years old.

plus, a shotgun would do more damage anyway, so....

Last edited by 02Z28LS1; 10-20-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2008 | 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

give the cops your buddies name and phone number, they'll lean on him hard to find out everyone there. my brother saw some **** happen and they called got what they needed from him.

and about carrying a gun, if your going to pull it be prepared to use it especially if you pull first.
Old 10-20-2008 | 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

As I have gotten alittle older, I have become skeptic of going anywhere that drama may lay. Not because I am scared, but its just old. Seems like every time I go out, something goes down. You need to take it upon yourself to avoid the people and situations that can breed things like this happening. Not saying its your fault you got hit by any means, but it just takes one drunk moron to ruin your life. Either they hurt you or you hurt them. I hit some drunk "bully" one time in deep ellum and nearly killed him. It was real scarey for a few days until they got the stories straight. You dont ever want to hear "attempted murder" and your name together.
Old 10-20-2008 | 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
As I have gotten alittle older, I have become skeptic of going anywhere that drama may lay. Not because I am scared, but its just old. Seems like every time I go out, something goes down. You need to take it upon yourself to avoid the people and situations that can breed things like this happening. Not saying its your fault you got hit by any means, but it just takes one drunk moron to ruin your life. Either they hurt you or you hurt them. I hit some drunk "bully" one time in deep ellum and nearly killed him. It was real scarey for a few days until they got the stories straight. You dont ever want to hear "attempted murder" and your name together.
you nailed it in the first sentence
Old 10-20-2008 | 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Cant we all just get along?
Chad
Old 10-20-2008 | 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

i know some mexican guys that are down for whatever...lol jk
Old 10-20-2008 | 09:37 AM
In-Zane Moderator
10 Year Member

Sorry to hear some dumb *** with nothing better to do than stick up for a stupid hoe had to mess with you but,

If it were me he would have been looking at my .40 cal sitting in my lap as soon as he got close enough, you dont know me personally, but i am 6'3 and around 300 lbs, all that doesnt matter if somone has a weapon, i would not have just fotten out of the car ither.

Why dont you have a pistol? This is Texas.
Old 10-20-2008 | 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

"people are stupid"...I try to avoid them as much as possible
Old 10-20-2008 | 09:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Sorry to hear some dumb *** with nothing better to do than stick up for a stupid hoe had to mess with you but,

If it were me he would have been looking at my .40 cal sitting in my lap as soon as he got close enough, you dont know me personally, but i am 6'3 and around 300 lbs, all that doesnt matter if somone has a weapon, i would not have just fotten out of the car ither.

Why dont you have a pistol? This is Texas.
He said he was under 21. But yeah, there seem to be more and more idiots looking for fights nowadays. The OP did the right thing by driving away and not engaging those morons. Sadly it seems like carrying something for personal defense is is necessary. OP, you may want to look into some good OC spray. It may not be as deadly as a gun, but it sure as hell will **** up that attacker's day.
Old 10-20-2008 | 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a new reality tv show on VH1.
Old 10-20-2008 | 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

I think it sucks this happened to you and the other guy is definitely in the wrong, but what happened to the good old days? No need to sue. Just hope you see the guy sometime by himself and "take care of business" by yourself...one on one.

I think you made a good decision to leave. It took me quite a while when I was 16 to realize I wasn't a ***** for retreating into my house and not fighting back when 2 car-loads of guys followed me home, got out of the cars and one punched me. I could have fought back, but I would have ended up getting my head kicked in by 6+ guys.
Old 10-20-2008 | 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

You did the right thing...Strategic withdraw!
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Just hope you see the guy sometime by himself and "take care of business" by yourself...one on one.
This is true... and get a tazer in case it happens again where you are largely outnumbered...
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:11 PM
Teching In

Save the testosterone for the gym, go the legal way. It might not be as satisfying, but down the road (and after you hear about people getting locked up for getting back at people) you will realize you made the right choice of walking away. The law does not permit tit for tat.
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Ahhh...young male drama. I'm just glad I was never sued for punching someone in the head. Nowadays lawsuit is the first thing anyone thinks of, pretty sad.

Carry some pepper spray in your console. Spray first, then get out of the car and kick the **** out of them next time.
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SStreetmachine
Save the testosterone for the gym, go the legal way. It might not be as satisfying, but down the road (and after you hear about people getting locked up for getting back at people) you will realize you made the right choice of walking away. The law does not permit tit for tat.
+1, however you were not assulted. Assulted means that he threatened you life, battery is when he actually hits you, wounds you, or touches you in an offensive manner...
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

terroristic threat is what its called to threaten someones life....i beleive
Old 10-20-2008 | 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

well what did you do originally to have these people want to kick your ***?

sucks that it happened.

I am on the other side of this ****... I came home, was hit in the face by a drunk roommate, so I kicked the **** out of him. When he got up off the couch all drunk and hysterical he called the cops and I got arrested for domestic violence misd. assualt bc he had a black eye EVEN THOUGH I WAS STRUCK FIRST.

i'm still fighting the case, but this has ruined my job search and putting me more in debt.

wish this was back in 1950, where you would have taken it like a man.