My mom died tonight at 12:22 AM in a motorcycle accident.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this bring really bad memories from 4 yrs ago. I was 20yrs old at the time. I remember my girlfriend tell me that my brother was crying (21 at the time). At that time I knew something was really wrong (brother is a tough dude). I rushed home only to find my brother and sister crying. Where they informed me that are mother was murdered. All I can say is that I would not wish that pain on anyone. Its been four years now and still catch my self thinking about her with tears. Just remember to cherish the good times and not what you wish you would have done. That tore me apart for 2 yrs. Just realized that she would of wanted me to be happy. While looking over my younger brother and sister. I cant tell you how long it will take but time heals all wounds. Just considered yourself lucky to have a family that will always be there for you and love you.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Mike, sorry to see a tragedy like this happen to you. it hurts me to see someone go so suddenly . doesnt matter whether its a family member, freind, acquiantance or someone i do not even know. prayers for you and your family.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:59 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I hate hearing things like this, my mom never wears a helmet riding her harley and i freak out every time i hear about a woman wrecking a motorcycle and i call her...one day i might be in the same boat. Sorry to hear bro.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

very sorry to hear this bud, my dad died a year and a half ago from cancer... still not over it completely but dont think i really ever will be.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

I am sorry for your loss, Hang in there bud.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im very sorry for your loss bro

she will be in my prayers as well as you
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so sorry to hear this man, i don't even know ya, and reading your post made me tear up. I really do feel for you and your family and will keep y'all in my prayers. just know that you will see her again.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Last night I learned quite a bit.

My step father (I guess it is only right that I call him that, instead of Mike - or Big Mike.. which is what the kids call him) explained what happened in detail and we made arrangements for her service.

My mom pretty much told everyone she wanted to be cremated. So that is what we are doing. Her mother was cremated as well. We are also going to have a memorial service hopefully on Thursday since Friday is Halloween and that doesn't feel right.

What happened was 5 or 6 of them where riding near Harry Hines to Dukes in Addison. They where in the right hand lane of a 3 lane rd. A Hispanic lady and her family where in the far left land. She cut across the center lane and T-boned Mike's Harley when attempting to make the convenience store at the last second. She will be charged with something like unvoluntary vehicular manslaughter or something. She did have insurance and I think the only thing I want her to know is her ignorance have made serious damages to allot of people's lives.......

I appreciate all the phone calls and prayers. Folks have no idea how much it means to me. I just wish I could tell everyone how great a mother, friend, and woman she was. She has a special place in Heaven after her ability to make the best of things she had no control of and being able to turn lemons into lemonaide.

She had never been on a motorcycle until she met Mike. But from what he told me and she showed me she loved riding with him. They went to Pike's Peak, Memphis, West Texas, San Antonio and Austin, Sturgess, and rode thru Biloxi during a Hurricane since she met him..... she hated the cold and the heat, but she told him that before the accident happened she wished it was like that everyday.

My greatest regret is my kids won't get to grow up with her. She turned her life around and wanted me to do better than she did and the same for my kids. She has given my kids a headstart on college after her death and me the drive to be a better friend, parent, and husband.

Ya'll don't forget to tell your parents, kids, and spouses that you love them everyday and make sure they hear it. I was so concerned about being professional and when I saw her at my office I didnt say it all the time......... I can't help but regret that.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow man. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. I know it has to be tough. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

I still don't understand why people don't wear helmets while riding. No matter how much skill you have on a bike, it's hard to save yourself because of some other idiot on the road not paying attention.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry man stay strong for you kids your mom would have wanted it like that...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Sorry for your loss. I can only imagine. I lost a best friend to a motorcycle crash 4 years ago. Still gets me worked up now and again.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

My mom's service will be Thursday at 2:30 at North Hills Funeral Home in N. Richland Hills off of Mid Cities Blvd. (go north on Precinct Line Rd from 183, turn left on MidCities and it is at 8525). Afterward around 4:00pm we will be having an early dinner/reception in her honor at (dont laugh as it was her favorite place to eat and we have had many family dinners and lunches there) Mariano's off 360 in Arlington near I-30. If you don't wish to attend the service, please feel free to come to Mariano's and have a SWIRL.... (she was never fond of wine) in her memory and to show your respects. I would like to have some of the folks that contribute to my other interests (my car and addiction to muscle cars) as well as folks that I work with and a few family members.

Let me know if you can make it... feel free to show up late for the drinks and dinner ( i know it is kind of Redneck... but my mom wouldnt of had it anyother way)

My mom loved her 4 or 5 dogs. Many of which she adopted. In her honor my wife and I are asking if you would like a small donation to the Great Dane Rescue of North Texas. www.danerescue.net This is what my mom would have wanted and something she has always supported. It is a non-profit charity that takes Danes "and sometimes other animals" out of kill shelters and fosters them out to loving and caring parents. My mom has a great dane name Georgie..... he will soon be in my house and is by far the dumbest dog I have ever met..... looking forward to his goofy presence.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Hey Mike,

You and your family are in my prayers. I lost my Dad when I was 13, and I still miss him like crazy. Cherish the time you had with her and keep her close as much as possible. I see my dad in so many areas of my life and love it. Makes it feel like he's still around sometimes. The process of grieving is painful, but necessary. Anger, Regret, What if's, etc... will linger for a long time if you don't let them run their course. God and Family were my anchors and it sounds like they'll be yours too. Like others have told you, if you need to talk, feel free to hit me up. I know you don't know me and I don't know you, but I'm just extending the offer. Best of luck to you and your family. God Bless
Old 10-28-2008, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to read about your loss. Loosing a parent is a hard thing to deal with. My wife and I have both lost a parent as well as our son. As time goes on the heart ache gets replaced with fond memmorys. The sadness and emptyness will always be there. Just remember the good times yall had together and understand as rough as it is its the nature of life. Some of us have to deal with unexpected loss which is very hard to deal with. I wish this feeling on no one. I will keep you and your familiy in my prayers tonight.

On another note dont hold your step dad with guilt. I am sure he is hurting just as bad as he has lost a loved one as well. My wife and I both ride our Harley with out helmets. We know its stupid and we keep making remarks about needing to start riding with helmets. If something happen to her I Know I would hold guilt against myself for not being the one to go get helmets and using them.
Maybe I need to think about this alittle more.

Dave
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

sorry about your loss Mike. you and your family are in my prayers.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man sorry to hear about her passing! All I can tell you is be strong she wouldn't want you or your family to be hurting over her death. Easier said than done though I know, but time heals. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahh man, sorry to hear that dude...i send u my condolences
Old 10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

I am vERY sorry to hear about your mother. My Best friend that I known all my life(I'm 25 and was 24 at the time), died in a Motorcycle accident last year, June 15th 2007. He was like a brother to me and rented a room off of me in my house. There wasnt anything that we wouldnt do for each other. He hit a telephone and died instantly. He was a great rider and we believe he was ran off the road. The police never fully did their job and ruled it as young and unexperienced. He could ride that bike with his eyes shut. Anyways.. my thoughts are with you and your family. It's not eary to deal with. Buit beleive me, it will get better, but it takes time. Its been 1 year and a half and I still randomly cry and break down at times thinking about him. Be strong... it was the hardest thinkg to do in my life, it destroyed my realationship with my girlfriend of 5 years, we are no longer together because i just blocked everyone out and went into a black hole. It will get better. My thougths and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned

Sorry To Hear That Bro I Wish U The Best Even Though I Dont Know U Wouldnt Wish This Upon Any1
Old 10-28-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry for your loss. I lost my father and it takes a while to feel a better.
God bless you and your family.