Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=RyanM02;10538730]I see that we have 67 members on LS1tech. Some are still getting registered accounts or I dont have their name on tech yet. But overall we are looking strong on tech. Dfwstangs is another big source for us. But tech has given us a solid foundation.
QUOTE]

My bro is not on LS1tech, and I doubt he will join anytime soon...however he is a member of LSM. So you can just put a +2 or something next to my name...
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RyanM02
I have to admit, john was running on pure despiration. Because he knew if he lost to that SS, he would never hear the end haha. But if john gets that truck running, he will take the wow title from Andrew.

Thats my bet.
thanks man haha

dont plan on taking the wow title from anyone just wanna turn some heads is all
Old 11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like y'all had some fun. Wish I could've gone, but I'm limiting myself with the money. I'll see you guys tomorrow night at No Frills. I will have your hoodies and t-shirts in. Also, this is just a disclaimer, but if your hoodies or shirts don't fit I'm sorry guys. I did my best to give you an idea of how they would fit. I hope we don't have any issues like that though. Oh yea...Tuesday nights are $1pints for domestic beers at No Frills.

Here's the links to their locations and their menu.

www.nofrillsgrill.com
Old 11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=PatriotT/A;10539422]Oh yea...Tuesday nights are $1pints for domestic beers QUOTE]

Ahhh ****

Last edited by SSOZ28; 11-24-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Drag radials need 16psi plus... no lower from what Madman and the shop says.

they are finicky more than slicks... the side wall is solid and doesn't wrinkle. Much less forgiving and create wheel hop or chatter. Also they dont need a long burnout and getting them too hot is bad. The shop said the ideal temp for track surface to tire surface variation shouldnt be more than 10 degrees.

Alot can be said for learning this stuff. Also, to know if you need more clicks on the shock etc takes experience. Knowing how to launch and stage etc is something Mellow probably has down pat by now.... but knowing how the car reacts is an entirely different lesson.
Mikey didn't I tell you that **** last night while you were standing next to the RPM crew? That is exactly what I told you and you were arguing with me about it. I knew what Brian was doing wrong and wanted to see if I were right, so after him blowing tires every pass I went down there to help him out. Set the tires at 18psi and just cleaned off the tires not even getting them hot and it spun a lil bit but ran good. The next pass we dropped to pressure to 17psi and heated them up a lil more and ran it out in the burnout area to clean the glaze off and that sumbitch hooked like a ****. That is when his foot came off the gas for a sec and still did a 1.55 60ft. Then Manuel drove the car when they raced that other camaro and did a big smokey burnout and blew the tires off. I think they got them too hot and glazed them and got them slick.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:30 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Sounds like y'all had some fun. Wish I could've gone, but I'm limiting myself with the money. I'll see you guys tomorrow night at No Frills. I will have your hoodies and t-shirts in. Also, this is just a disclaimer, but if your hoodies or shirts don't fit I'm sorry guys. I did my best to give you an idea of how they would fit. I hope we don't have any issues like that though. Oh yea...Tuesday nights are $1pints for domestic beers at No Frills.

Here's the links to their locations and their menu.

www.nofrillsgrill.com
Hey Kelly were you able to order Ray's hoodie in time if so I'll pick it up for him since I'll be going by his shop Wed.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Hey Kelly were you able to order Ray's hoodie in time if so I'll pick it up for him since I'll be going by his shop Wed.
Yea, I got it.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:16 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Yea, I got it.
Cool deal. See you guys out there tomorrow night. I'll be there sometime after 10pm
Old 11-24-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

We threw DR's on HOS and did a few shock tweaks and it went a 1.40 60'...leaving easy. We turned it up for the next pass and that is when the axle broke. It was about to do a mid 1.3.

All we did was bolt them on. I feel if you have your suspension setup right, there shouldn't be any big changes between DR and slicks. A DR is actually faster than a slick.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

I need DRs...
Old 11-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

i went 1.9 60' on shitty defender brand 285 street tires yesterday lol. it was at like 17psi
Old 11-24-2008, 02:38 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
We threw DR's on HOS and did a few shock tweaks and it went a 1.40 60'...leaving easy. We turned it up for the next pass and that is when the axle broke. It was about to do a mid 1.3.

All we did was bolt them on. I feel if you have your suspension setup right, there shouldn't be any big changes between DR and slicks. A DR is actually faster than a slick.
Yeah I hear ya. Mellow did a 1.42 60ft last week with no changes to the suspension this week and the damn car wouldn't hook for ****. It ran perfect every pass last week and the track wasn't even as good. The tires had a glaze on them out there so that could have been a problem.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to be getting to No Frills around 8:30 or 9:00. I have to work late, but I will not miss this one. I pushed for this location and want to keep it here. Another good thing is if we want to park in the back, they have an outside bar area that we see all the cars. Also, there's a parking lot security 24/7. If we have permission, we can work with them to get the trash out if they show.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang

How the hell would Scott know, he's only got a 2000hp coupe....

As the great Wayne and Garth once said..... Im not worthy, Im not worthy

Anyways, guys I hope your ready. I really do cause the car is going to wreak of victory. I will have the blood of fallen drivers splattered all over the car in a manner to speak of a slaughtering victory.

Prepare for hell on earth... as soon as I buy the roller....

Scott, you were right... and now my wallet is going to pay for it...
To win, you need 2 things. Me... and a ton of money. I only take appointments BTW.

The track was fun as always, look forward to going again real soon. How many more days of K-dale are left?

Before Mike makes fun of me, I am a car betting rookie. I have never bet on races and it was a rush to see people doing it. And I did jump on Mike like a spider monkey with tons of questions. I admit I am completely new at anything betting when it comes to racing.

But it sure was fun to watch!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be there tomorrow night also.

I'm off for the rest of the week too. Which is very good because I really need time away from the hell hole in which I work. Anyone know of any job openings starting next year? I want to wait until then so I get my 3 weeks of vacation for being there 5 years.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
I'll be there tomorrow night also.

I'm off for the rest of the week too. Which is very good because I really need time away from the hell hole in which I work. Anyone know of any job openings starting next year? I want to wait until then so I get my 3 weeks of vacation for being there 5 years.

Hey cashed what is your brothers first name? Ill just put that down. I met him but I cant remember his name for the life of me.

Last edited by RyanM02; 11-24-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyanM02
:

Its been a shitty month and an even shittier past week. I need the time away.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

I need to call you, answer your phone
Old 11-24-2008, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
:

Its been a shitty month and an even shittier past week. I need the time away.
I'm going to have to agree.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Kelly did you get my message? Tony soprano wanted me to say hello.

Quick Reply: Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!