car broken into..... geico doesnt want to pay.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car broken into..... geico doesnt want to pay.

My car got broken into last night while at a friends house. Some cops came banging at the door and asked whose ta that was. i told them it was mine, and after looking then pryed back the window & somehow managed to lower the window without breaking it. They stole the radio and tried looking for the key to my wheels. Broke the center console and threw everything around .the key lock is all messed up as well. now the window is down and you can pull it up but it just goes back down. I called Geico this morning to discuss my options and now theyre telling me besides my 500 deductible. They cannot cover an aftermarket radio, since it did not come with the vehicle. Im pretty sure when i go tomorrow to get the vehicle looked at theyre going to try and screw me big time!!!! if they do ill be beating an adjusters ***
Old 11-06-2008, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you squeal enough you will get them to cover. If they dont want to, then go above them to the corporate level or to a supervisor.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
KBG
Launching!

just get them to pay you MSRP for a factory monsoon radio......I'm sure that will be WAY more than enough to cover what was in there
Old 11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KBG
just get them to pay you MSRP for a factory monsoon radio......I'm sure that will be WAY more than enough to cover what was in there
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

What aftermarket radio? Didn't you have a Monsoon? LOL

Vernon
Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
What aftermarket radio? Didn't you have a Monsoon? LOL

Vernon
Yup tell em to cover the monsoon then.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont have any pics it was late last night and ihad to work all day. Can i still tell them to cover the monsoon radio if i already told them i had an alpine. I have to go talk to the adjuster tomorrow. so we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Now we know where that 15% savings comes from....
Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DSIM
Now we know where that 15% savings comes from....

Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

yeah geico is a HUGE rip off... i switched to state farm and their 6 month premium is less than half of what geico wanted to charge me... and that was after i had been with them for 2 years already... luckily i never had to file any claims with them but i have heard from lots of people that they do anything they can to get out of taking care of their customers... another thing i didn't like about them was that everytime you call you get a different person and have to explain everything all over again... if you have comprehensive coverage they have to cover you though, and as stated above the factory radio will be way more expensive than most aftermarket ones... good luck
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

state farm payed me $1000 for each lock that was punched out on my 99, they say the door has to be reskined, just find yourself a good fiberglass man
Old 11-06-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djjab57
state farm payed me $1000 for each lock that was punched out on my 99, they say the door has to be reskined, just find yourself a good fiberglass man
yeah i saw you posted that, and its what i really want to do.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My insurance company has pics of my wheels, system, ss spoiler along with receipts so I don't have to dick around with them. Might want to insure everything on your car for next time. Good piece of mind. Especially on my truck. There's $2500 on just the tires and wheels, not to mention suspension etc. Good luck. People who steal just plain ol' SUCK! They should get their hands cut off.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM

Try to get them to cover the cost of the OEM radio, but do not claim that the OEM radio was stolen on any forms or verbally to the adjuster. That would be fraud.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

They have to pay to replace what ever radio originally came in the car with the same like, kind ,and quality. Make sure you let them know of any body or interior damage that the car substained during the break in and vandalisim. Its not your problem to prove it happened during that event. You can play hard ball with them too.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

I work at State Farm Insurance and have NEVER heard of such a thing. If you can prove your purchase (reciept, original packaging, previous photos, bank statement,ect.) and its supposed to be attatched to a vehicle during normal operation...its covered AND with us it can be paid out of the office by the agent same day if you have your ducks in a row.

Now if your like the last moron rich kid that cried in our office because his auto policy didn't cover when the following - a 32" flat screen Apple LCD TV, Xbox360, 300+cd album, GPS Locator/Radar Detector, School books, and a $2k+ Apple laptop went missing from his backseat...You better hope you have homeowners or renters insurance + a few more $$$ to cough up for yet another deductible or consider yourself the most generous ignoramous alive!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

well they covered the cost of a replacement factory radio which is better than nothing. All in all they took care of me, What pissed me off from the get go is their customer service sucks & theyre pretty adamant about whats covered and what isnt. The adjuster was more forgiving. He also pointed out things i didnt even see so he took good care of me.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSAUTOCHROME
I work at State Farm Insurance and have NEVER heard of such a thing. If you can prove your purchase (reciept, original packaging, previous photos, bank statement,ect.) and its supposed to be attatched to a vehicle during normal operation...its covered AND with us it can be paid out of the office by the agent same day if you have your ducks in a row.
this is the difference between state farm and geico and all those other crap insurane companies out there... and they are WAY cheaper go figure lol... my ex had state farm and her car was broken into twice and had the radio stolen and the interior damaged... seemed like each time it happened she got a better radio and had money to spare lol... then it got totalled and they gave her more than enough money to replace it... seems to me they like to take care of their people... maybe you should consider changing companes when it's all settled
Old 11-08-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

drop their a$$ after this claim is finished!

Quick Reply: car broken into..... geico doesnt want to pay.