Limewire -> iTunes -> iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

griswold knows what he is talking about!!! jailbreaking cant really mess it up...if anything just restore it to factory..
Old 12-06-2008, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

cool i will look into this as well!!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by john.s
cool i will look into this as well!!
If you have any questions let me know. It is rediculously easy. If you are worried about warranty or whatever, don't be. Absolute worst case scenario, if you have a problem with the phone you just restore it with itunes and take it in. You have nothing to lose.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Curveball TECH

anyone have insurance on it through state farm?
Old 12-06-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Griswold
If you have any questions let me know. It is rediculously easy. If you are worried about warranty or whatever, don't be. Absolute worst case scenario, if you have a problem with the phone you just restore it with itunes and take it in. You have nothing to lose.
how the **** do you do it!!!!!!! ive been wanting to but cant figure it out
Old 12-06-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

i downloaded the jailbreak but when i open it, it pops up with some error about not having a .net something or other....dont know whats going on there...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
how the **** do you do it!!!!!!! ive been wanting to but cant figure it out
If you have a 3g phone go ahead and update to 2.2 through itunes if you haven't already. Go to http://www.quickpwn.com/ and download the file for whatever OS you use. I use windows. Once it is done plug your phone into the computer. Run the file you just downloaded. It will ask you which apps you need to install. You don't need installous, just cydia. Once you run the file just follow the directions. Your phone will get a white screen, turn off, etc. Don't worry this is normal. Once it is done you will have an icon for cydia on the home screen. Click on it and download whatever free apps you want. Once you are jailbroken let me know and I will add further.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
oh sorry, didn't know I was talking to you
I typed, you read.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ebaker
i downloaded the jailbreak but when i open it, it pops up with some error about not having a .net something or other....dont know whats going on there...
same problem here..
Old 12-06-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you have a 3g phone go ahead and update to 2.2 through itunes if you haven't already. Go to http://www.quickpwn.com/ and download the file for whatever OS you use. I use windows. Once it is done plug your phone into the computer. Run the file you just downloaded. It will ask you which apps you need to install. You don't need installous, just cydia. Once you run the file just follow the directions. Your phone will get a white screen, turn off, etc. Don't worry this is normal. Once it is done you will have an icon for cydia on the home screen. Click on it and download whatever free apps you want. Once you are jailbroken let me know and I will add further.
ok it looks like it downloaded the file from quickpwn but i dont see anywhere about downloading the cydia? i downloaded it plugged my phone and tried to open the quickpwn file thinkin its in there but it keeps popping up with a window that says ".NET framework initialization error" what am i doing wrong
Old 12-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by john.s
same problem here..
you probably need net frameworks installed.

also when prompted don't change your boot logo.. in worst case scenario you mess up your phone and its stuck on the pineapple boot logo apple wont touch it...
Old 12-06-2008, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

well i got mine downloaded to my phone.

what do i do now? lol

edit: i figured it out. this is badass now! thanks guys!

Last edited by john.s; 12-07-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright i think i got it thanks for the help. anything else you want to add
Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

alright i think i got it thanks for the help. anything else you want to add
put this source into cydia:
http://cydia.hackulo.us/

in cydia, search for and install:
installous

go back and search for and install:
appshare

go to safari and type in:
www.appulo.us

you now have access to pretty much every single app from the official app store, but all for free.

once you find an app you like, click the download link at the bottom of the page, then pick a download source (rapidshare, megaupload, etc), then click the green "download" button when it pops up and wait for it to finish. then go back to the installous program and click what you just downloaded and itll install it.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

what is a good one for sms? all the ones i downloaded were cool but were only demos.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

put this source into cydia:
http://cydia.hackulo.us/

in cydia, search for and install:
installous

go back and search for and install:
appshare

go to safari and type in:
www.appulo.us

you now have access to pretty much every single app from the official app store, but all for free.

once you find an app you like, click the download link at the bottom of the page, then pick a download source (rapidshare, megaupload, etc), then click the green "download" button when it pops up and wait for it to finish. then go back to the installous program and click what you just downloaded and itll install it.
when i go to my winterboard app and click what i want it gets a check mark and then i exit and it does the little line circle thing and then nothing happens. i was trying to put the nos bottle for my battery but it never seems to work, it works on some but not on others. any ideas?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
what is a good one for sms? all the ones i downloaded were cool but were only demos.

Haven't found one yet. I have *heard* of people using swirly sms but don't have any personal experience with any of them. I am waiting for someone to come out with one that works and then I will try it.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

when i go to my winterboard app and click what i want it gets a check mark and then i exit and it does the little line circle thing and then nothing happens. i was trying to put the nos bottle for my battery but it never seems to work, it works on some but not on others. any ideas?

Not quite sure. I know winterboard is supposed to be a "top down" app. I have quite a few different themes and it is tricky to get certain parts of each one to work with the others. I have a blue fire battery which is cool....but the only time I ever see it is when I plug it in.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AKAFRED

also when prompted don't change your boot logo.. in worst case scenario you mess up your phone and its stuck on the pineapple boot logo apple wont touch it...
If you restore to factory setting using iTunes, will it change your boot logo back?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
i use mysms u can use it for free but there is a 30 second delay...most all of them you have to pay...it has sideways texting and can forward and delete individual messages....

Quick Reply: Limewire -> iTunes -> iPhone