Texas State Troopers are....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tillery
Texas(or any state) Troopers are a different breed of law enforcement. Its the city cops who are dick heads.
Hey, not all of us city cops are dick heads. I'm ex city police for now but it all depends on who you get stopped by. There are cool cops and ******* cops just like everybody else you'll run into in your life.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bobbyd
do you guys have meetings like every week in austin? i always see lots of DPS cars,trucks and tahoes parked at a motel in austin.

also if you pull someone over with a radar detector will you give him a ticket? say instead of giving him a warning you would just give him the ticket since that person has a rd.
Yeah, usually something is always going on down there. We have anywhere from 1-3 Academy classes going on per year and alot of the instructors for the academies are DPS Troopers, Sgt.'s, Lt.'s and Capt.'s. Our DPS Headquarters, Swat headquarters and K-9 Academy are all in the same area.

We also have In-service for all Troopers every 2 years, just to refresh on some things.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 PM
LS7 Member

There was a facility where they made police vehicles behind my neighborhood in Austin. They always had a ton of new vehicles, converted and not, lined up outside. Those new Tahoes looked once converted.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WstTexas
Yeah, usually something is always going on down there. We have anywhere from 1-3 Academy classes going on per year and alot of the instructors for the academies are DPS Troopers, Sgt.'s, Lt.'s and Capt.'s. Our DPS Headquarters, Swat headquarters and K-9 Academy are all in the same area.

We also have In-service for all Troopers every 2 years, just to refresh on some things.
hey WstTexas did Midland DPS have new rides like an expidition cause my friend got pulled over by one, i still remembered the camaro yall used to have.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Hey, not all of us city cops are dick heads. I'm ex city police for now but it all depends on who you get stopped by. There are cool cops and ******* cops just like everybody else you'll run into in your life.
Only speaking from experiance. Ive been harrased by city cops here in Odessa since Ive been home from Iraq. I dont meen to offened the few good ones out there. Im just glad I have enough disipline not to loss my military bearing on them. I have no respect for those who dont respect this country, or its military who gives them the right to be a friggin REMF!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by antonio84
hey WstTexas did Midland DPS have new rides like an expidition cause my friend got pulled over by one, i still remembered the camaro yall used to have.
Highway Patrol - Crown Vic's and about 50 Hemi Chargers
License & Weight - Mostly new Tahoes, some older Pickups (Chevy, Dodge, & Ford) running around.

The last Highway Patrol Camaro was retired in 2005. The Trooper that had it got it when it was brand new off the lot and kept it till it was retired. They gave him first option on buying it at the auction, but not sure if he did. He kept that thing spotless.

DPS wanted to buy more of the chargers but Dodge was unwilling to upgrade some of the suspension and front/rear brakes. So, it looks like now we are going to faze out the Chargers. If the Big 3 go down, who knows what we will be driving. Maybe one of these:

Old 12-31-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Hey WstTexas, does DPS have any reserve officers or only full time?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
12 Second Club

Hear about the Trooper who accidentaly had it in Reverse and thought it was in drive? In a new Charger, Man they harrased him for awhile on that one. Out here in Odessa I think the city cops should crack down more on the street racing. I know you troopers are spread pretty thin out here. Most of yall get people out at Nine mile(FM1936), Yall troopers have a happy new year and Hope yall get the dumb *** drunk drivers out there.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=WstTexas;10758727]Highway Patrol - Crown Vic's and about 50 Hemi Chargers
License & Weight - Mostly new Tahoes, some older Pickups (Chevy, Dodge, & Ford) running around.

The last Highway Patrol Camaro was retired in 2005. The Trooper that had it got it when it was brand new off the lot and kept it till it was retired. They gave him first option on buying it at the auction, but not sure if he did. He kept that thing spotless.

was it a Z or a SS and wasnt it a sargent who drove it?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always gotten nice warning ticket(s) and appreciation from Texas State troopers.
Can't the same with the Arkansas state troopers or the local LOEs here in Jacksonville though.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bobbyd
do you guys have meetings like every week in austin? i always see lots of DPS cars,trucks and tahoes parked at a motel in austin.

also if you pull someone over with a radar detector will you give him a ticket? say instead of giving him a warning you would just give him the ticket since that person has a rd.
my ex told me that when she pulled over vehicles with radars, that was an automatic ticket, just dont know if it was true or not.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

my ex told me that when she pulled over vehicles with radars, that was an automatic ticket, just dont know if it was true or not.
It was when I was working traffic. We'd know when somebody's detector went off because you could see the speed on the radar drop dramatically. I'd sometimes just follow people to the city limits just to watch them sweat a little
Old 12-31-2008, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

It was when I was working traffic. We'd know when somebody's detector went off because you could see the speed on the radar drop dramatically. I'd sometimes just follow people to the city limits just to watch them sweat a little
Dont you get a kickout of it when they ask about when the radar has been calibrated? I find that funny. Making them sweat is funny as hell.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

What I have seen is that the SUVs and some pickups are the DOT officers. The oilfield traffic out here keeps them plenty busy.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:48 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was Lil Wayne in the trooper's car?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Dont you get a kickout of it when they ask about when the radar has been calibrated? I find that funny. Making them sweat is funny as hell.
Hell, I followed 2 carloads of teens out of town one night. They were in town talking and saw me pass by, (they looked like part of the younger drinking crowd we have) then hopped in the cars and headed out of town. Got in behind them, drove out of the city limits..just kept following them. You could see them looking back and calling each other on their cell phones. Then I passed the back car and got between them. Rode the lead car for a few miles, they were sweating it bad. Then hit the shoulder and let the back car pass me, got in behind them again. They then came up to a gas station off the highway and both pulled in, so I just eased on through the parking lot..all of them staring..and creeped on back to my town It was a slow night, gotta have some fun somehow.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hell, I followed 2 carloads of teens out of town one night. They were in town talking and saw me pass by, (they looked like part of the younger drinking crowd we have) then hopped in the cars and headed out of town. Got in behind them, drove out of the city limits..just kept following them. You could see them looking back and calling each other on their cell phones. Then I passed the back car and got between them. Rode the lead car for a few miles, they were sweating it bad. Then hit the shoulder and let the back car pass me, got in behind them again. They then came up to a gas station off the highway and both pulled in, so I just eased on through the parking lot..all of them staring..and creeped on back to my town It was a slow night, gotta have some fun somehow.
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahha poor kids lol

that is pretty awesome though
Old 01-01-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

I really ******* hate it when cops do this. I was minding my own business grabbing something out of my trunk the other day sitting in a gas station parking lot and a cop rolls in and sits in his car for a while I don't even pay attention to him. As I get in my car I can tell he is staring me down for whatever reason. I turn on my SS and give it just a little gas to say bye to my friend pumping up his truck and I pull up to the driveway and see the cop backing out of his spot. I pull onto the road and get up to the speed limit and he comes FLYING up behind me as if I've done something wrong I'm minding my own business and I drive around for a while like I always do if someone is harassing or following me like he was. I was driving through parking lots down back roads and everything with him right on my ***, literally. I get down the main road and get on it a little bit to get him off my bumper and I guess finally he gets the hint and backs off and I take the back roads down to a neighbor town where he finally stops and turns around. I don't think I look suspicious at all and I never drive my SS that hard so I don't know what I did to deserve that?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Call the cops on him, LOL say what he is doing. Just because somebody is in law enforcement done meen they cant get a ticket also. You need as much info as possible and and write him a ticket either from his book or another officer.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Call the cops on him, LOL say what he is doing. Just because somebody is in law enforcement done meen they cant get a ticket also. You need as much info as possible and and write him a ticket either from his book or another officer.
Would that even hold up in court? a police officer getting a traffic violation? I called the Chief of police for the city and he said he would deal with the situation and that he would inform me of what happened but I never heard back

Quick Reply: Texas State Troopers are....