Texas State Troopers are....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my experiences with being pulled over (25+ occasions) the TX troopers are pretty cool and respectful as long as I'm respectful. However, Williamson County Sheriffs are dicks 90% of the time, regardless of how respectful or legit I am. It pisses me off, because cops make me nervous enough, no need to be a complete ******* taking a power trip on me.
I'll still be respectful to any officer though, just probably not as much to certain Wilco guys...

Bobbyd, I never see you around Austin dude, where you at? Pm me your number if you want some meet info. There can never be too much Fbody love.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I remember a silver WS6 on TTII's with the black stripe on the 'ram air' driving around town before.
I don't really go to Biffs too often anymore
possible that it might be me then.

yea I use to go to biffs sometimes back in 05 or so I use to go with a buddy who was in the SAFBody club that was when he had his v6 camaro
Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bobbyd
possible that it might be me then.

yea I use to go to biffs sometimes back in 05 or so I use to go with a buddy who was in the SAFBody club that was when he had his v6 camaro
sick. give me a PM when you're back in town I wouldn't mind someone to roll around town with
Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
sick. give me a PM when you're back in town I wouldn't mind someone to roll around town with
sounds good man i probably wont be going today or next weekend but I will send you a pm next time i go.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

west tx im not downing troopers they have bailed my butt out of a jam several times when they answered the back up call cause all the others were busy,,,, yhank God dps dont get loaded down with crap calls........also when troopers show up they turd gang bangers always seem to be alittle more polite to you guys than us......
Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tigertank
west tx im not downing troopers they have bailed my butt out of a jam several times when they answered the back up call cause all the others were busy,,,, yhank God dps dont get loaded down with crap calls........also when troopers show up they turd gang bangers always seem to be alittle more polite to you guys than us......
Texas state Troopers are.... D**KS if you have a CDL. Cool if you dont drive an 18 wheeler. Got A Seatbelt ticket last night when I was rolling through a Valero he pulled me over in the parking lot faced his car directly facing the front of my 18 wheeler( like chicken ) turned his lights on I had no idea WTF was goin on. got out and said am I not supposed to park here? He said no you werent wearing your seatbelt. I said I was rolling through the parking lot just took it off cause I was almost parked his exact words were " SO you were moving" wrote me a ticket right there . Guy was a real ******* I shoulda thrown his clipboard out in 174 after I signed my ticket.

WSTTEXAS- why are yall so hard on CDL drivers? Not all of us are cons some of us are just trying to make a living like 85 percent of you good law enforcement officers. I think this officer should have definitely cut me some slack.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phantomLT1
Texas state Troopers are.... D**KS if you have a CDL. Cool if you dont drive an 18 wheeler. Got A Seatbelt ticket last night when I was rolling through a Valero he pulled me over in the parking lot faced his car directly facing the front of my 18 wheeler( like chicken ) turned his lights on I had no idea WTF was goin on. got out and said am I not supposed to park here? He said no you werent wearing your seatbelt. I said I was rolling through the parking lot just took it off cause I was almost parked his exact words were " SO you were moving" wrote me a ticket right there . Guy was a real ******* I shoulda thrown his clipboard out in 174 after I signed my ticket.

WSTTEXAS- why are yall so hard on CDL drivers? Not all of us are cons some of us are just trying to make a living like 85 percent of you good law enforcement officers. I think this officer should have definitely cut me some slack.
I don't think I am any different in handling CDL holders. But I can only speak for myself. Now if you were in a parking lot (like you stated) WHEN he saw the violation, legally he could not give you a citation for No Seat Belt. It states in the Traffic Code that you have to be on the "roadway". Now roadway is defined as fenceline to fenceline. Even the barrow ditch (bar-ditch) is considered part of the roadway, but does not include privately owned (Valero included) parking lots. Now if he saw you making the turn into the parking lot from the roadway, you are a sitting duck. Would I give you a ticket, turning from a roadway into a parking lot? No. Not sure what he was doing in front of your truck like that, we don't teach that. I honestly try to treat everyone I stop in the same manner that I would want my family to be treated (because they might get stopped sometime).

Honestly every agency has good and bad apples. Sorry, for your luck. Every person has the legal right to plead not guilty for every charge (that's what is great about the U.S.) On Class C Misdemeanor's you have the option of a bench trial (judge only) or jury trial (6 members). If you want my suggestion PM me. But if you want my advice, I will want the whole story. I try not to post my legal advice on a public forum. I'll try to only post facts about the law and try to educate. Hope this helps.

Travis
Old 01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Teching In

No, don't take it that way. I wasn't trying to make a statement that you were downing Troopers. But I won't believe you unless you let me drive that '07 ZO6 for a day, . I think the respect factor comes from old school thought. Back in the day 60's 70's 80's, if you mouthed off to a Trooper, you usually left with a warning, but also with respect. Old school Troopers teach, Chew the person out they get a warning. If you want to give them a ticket, then keep your mouth shut and let them pay the fine. My Sgt. has 33 years on and teaches this. It's one way or the other, but never a chewing and ticket. But there are only 11 Troopers in my area and not everyone (rest of the state) is taught the same.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Launching!

well i got arrested for possesion of marijuana 4 years ago when i was in high school. ALL CHARGES WERE DROPPED BY THE D.A and i was not convicted. Yet every single time i get pulled over the officer says something about it showin up on his computer then he searches my car. i have had to wait hours on multiple occasions for the cops to just tell me i can go.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i totally agree that DPS are usually a lot nicer than city cops....but i've had good & bad experiences with both.

usually, though, i tend to have better experiences when i get pulled over if i kill the ignition, roll the window down, and keep both hands in view (usually one arm on the window sill, the other on the steering wheel). i usually also already have my license/insurance ready for them when they get there, too.

this makes them a lot more at ease with you (especially killing the engine) because they know you're not gonna try to make a run for it.

i've actually had a College Station bike cop (well known for having the mentality of ****'s) thank me for doing all that when i got pulled over once. he still gave me a ticket, because it was 20 over the limit, but i wasn't expecting to get a warning, anyway.

another thing that a lot of people don't realize is that an officer's attitude can change not only depending on how you react to getting pulled over and the respect that you show them, but also a lot of it can depend on the area you get pulled over in. if you're rolling through ghetto town at night with illegally-dark tint and dress like a gangsta, you can be damned sure you're gonna arouse a lot more suspicion than someone who does all the things i mentioned above and you're cruising down the interstate.

for instance, i recently had a Bryan city cop be extremely cool to me when i could have gotten a HUGE ticket....i was late for work and was FLYING down a road to get there on time, and about 1/2 a mile away from work, this cop was at the stop sign waiting to turn onto the road i was going down. i saw the front of the car ahead of time and slowed down a lot, but was still going pretty fast when i went past him. he didn't have his radar on, but as i pulled into my job's parking lot, he pulled in behind me a few seconds later and just said "You need to slow it waaaay down, you were going entirely too fast for this street". so i said "yes sir, i agree", and he walks back to his car and drives off. a lot of it probably had to do with the fact that i pulled into the parking lot and pulled straight up to the building (so that i would have had to go through the building to go anywhere), and already had the engine turned off and the window down.

so as much as it may suck to be pulled over (even if you don't think you've done anything wrong), you can help your chances of not getting harassed by just acting calm and putting the officer's mind at ease. it's no guarantee, but it can definitely help your chances a lot. don't be a dick and end up on an episode of cops.....
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

don't be a dick and end up on an episode of cops..... classic but to true i hardly ever gave tickets to respectful people but ********* always got tickets or free rides...
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

don't be a dick and end up on an episode of cops..... classic but to true i hardly ever gave tickets to respectful people but ********* always got tickets or free rides...
come tell the cops around here to do that then
I've never been rude to a police officer that I know of and all of them were very rude towards me
Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

little town cops vs big town cops u would b surprised at how many reserve officers work on a friday and sat in these little towns.... those part time wanna be are pretty **** on traffic stops i know i was an FTO and a lead officer and had to ride/train the reserves and academy grads
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

little town cops vs big town cops u would b surprised at how many reserve officers work on a friday and sat in these little towns.... those part time wanna be are pretty **** on traffic stops i know i was an FTO and a lead officer and had to ride/train the reserves and academy grads
Come tell the Cibolo PD, Selma PD, and the Comal county constables () departments to get their nightsticks out of their asses and chill the hell out. Greatly appreciate it
Old 01-05-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Part-time wanna be club member here. So I guess the Army reserve guys are just wanna be's too. Since when is a town of 18k people a big town?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

Hey! lets not bring in the military on this. Even if it is the NG/Reserve component.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

no not military.... law enforcement.... would never repeat never belittle the military status of anyone active..gaurd or reserve/// im refer to police.... come on cibolo, selma constables .... those r prob small agencies that use reserves to supplement there full time staff... and im refer to houston pd u know the town with about 5 million peaple in/around i live in angleton but grew up and worked in houston i think that counts as a big agency..... a reserve officer and im glad we have them... have a diff attitude than the full time officer who is out there 40+ hours a week doing it night and day putting his/her life and *** out there... like they say its a job to us and adventure to them wowowooo
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WstTexas
I don't think I am any different in handling CDL holders. But I can only speak for myself. Now if you were in a parking lot (like you stated) WHEN he saw the violation, legally he could not give you a citation for No Seat Belt. It states in the Traffic Code that you have to be on the "roadway". Now roadway is defined as fenceline to fenceline. Even the barrow ditch (bar-ditch) is considered part of the roadway, but does not include privately owned (Valero included) parking lots. Now if he saw you making the turn into the parking lot from the roadway, you are a sitting duck. Would I give you a ticket, turning from a roadway into a parking lot? No. Not sure what he was doing in front of your truck like that, we don't teach that. I honestly try to treat everyone I stop in the same manner that I would want my family to be treated (because they might get stopped sometime).

Honestly every agency has good and bad apples. Sorry, for your luck. Every person has the legal right to plead not guilty for every charge (that's what is great about the U.S.) On Class C Misdemeanor's you have the option of a bench trial (judge only) or jury trial (6 members). If you want my suggestion PM me. But if you want my advice, I will want the whole story. I try not to post my legal advice on a public forum. I'll try to only post facts about the law and try to educate. Hope this helps.

Travis

I wish all officers had your attitude and for the most part 85 percent of them do but I totally agree with your bad apples statement. Honestly I took it off as I was entering the parking lot when I turned the truck immediately took it off cause I was in a hurry but where I parked was feet from the turn in and yes he pulled the front of his car directly facing the front of my truck. He was in ticket mode because right after I left he had another car maybe a mile down the road. I am gonna contact the court see what my options are and how much the fine is to see if it would even be worth it to fight since it is not a moving violation. I may PM you after I speak with them.

Thanks for your service
- Boe
Old 01-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by phantomLT1
I wish all officers had your attitude and for the most part 85 percent of them do but I totally agree with your bad apples statement. Honestly I took it off as I was entering the parking lot when I turned the truck immediately took it off cause I was in a hurry but where I parked was feet from the turn in and yes he pulled the front of his car directly facing the front of my truck. He was in ticket mode because right after I left he had another car maybe a mile down the road. I am gonna contact the court see what my options are and how much the fine is to see if it would even be worth it to fight since it is not a moving violation. I may PM you after I speak with them.

Thanks for your service
- Boe

I believe seatbelt tickets are $200.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Launching!

I learned this first hand while doing a ride along with Dallas PD. The people that were dishonest or a smart *** always got a ticket. One thing that did suprise me was the amount of people that didn't have their younger kids properly restrained in a child seat.

Quick Reply: Texas State Troopers are....