Son of a bitch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:42 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it Tony. I didn't realize this was a common thing, wtf will people think of stealing next?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default >

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Spare tire is still there. Damn slacking thieves can't even finish the job.

That means they have been watching your house to see when you are there and when you are gone.....Scary crap.....To bad it did not have a remote activated BOMB in it...You could close them out......
Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 AM
TECH Regular

Get a Hopkins Easy-Lift. It not only makes your tailgate hard as hell to steal, as in bring two buddies and spend a few minutes figuring out how to twist the gate just right to get it off, it also makes the tail gate much easier to operate. I put one on my truck and it was the best $20 I've ever spent on it. I can have two heavy tool boxes in my hands and kick the tailgate up with a knee. It works just like this guys says and fits just about any truck and it's a simple foolproof design. http://www.hemitruckclub.com/easylift.htm
With one of these lift springs installed anyone wanting to steal the tailgate would have a hell of a time. I doubt one person would be able to do it, two with time. Three with one guy looking at the spring and hole guiding the other two. At night, forget it. The way it hooks into the gate and bed is why. Plus you don't have to keep up with keys and that hassle if you use the tailgate a lot like I do. I ordered mine from O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Vernon
Old 01-17-2009, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is pretty common for tailgates to get ripped off. Just not in the middle of suburbia. Junkyards buy them for $100-200, then sell them for $300-400. ********. Next one will get a lock on it.
Hey Tony...
FYI, the lock want help you unless you do a little modification to it..
I found this out when I took my 2001 Stepside to get the Tail lights tinted, and forgot to leave the tail gate lock key with the body shop..
Guy calls me up, and asks where the key was, and I realized it was with me..
He said hold on a minute, and while he was talking to me ON THE PHONE, he had th tail gate off, with out even unlocking the lock I had on it..( it was one of the internal locks... not a cover lock)
I paid a good deal of money for that lock too.

what he did was took the cover off, pulled the to rods out, and then pulled each rod to the center of the tail gate which released the tail gate, and then he was able to to open it.

If you get one of those, I would suggest taking a mig welder, and just put a nice large bead on the very end of the rod that the handle pulls on to unlock the tailgate. once you do that they cant pop those rods out any more..this keeps them from bypassing the lock..

just a little info I thought you may like to have.

Daniel
Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
I know this is bad but was a long time ago, me and a buddy of mine used to go to dealerships and steal tailgates all the time. Living in a redneck town like greenville, as Nineball said, you could get a nice chunck of change from a redneck who punched theirs when they were drunk or something. But hell being 15 and not having a job, this was easy cash.
there went your creditability on here...
dont think that was a wise thing to fess up too, in this thread...
Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Damn..that's fucked up.

I think I'll put some Washers on the 2 Studs that bolt in that hold the Cables on so they can't be taken off without removing the Studs, that will help deter someone for a little bit and hopefully long enough for me to catch them and shoot their *** with some rocksalt..

Glad I put my Truck in a Storage Unit while I'm over here.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a bunch of crap.

Maybe you can take Ken's, he was talking about getting an Airgate.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
I know this is bad but was a long time ago, me and a buddy of mine used to go to dealerships and steal tailgates all the time. Living in a redneck town like greenville, as Nineball said, you could get a nice chunck of change from a redneck who punched theirs when they were drunk or something. But hell being 15 and not having a job, this was easy cash.
You are a piece of **** and a dumb *** for posting that on a public forum.

What is the statute of limitations of theft? There are not that many dealerships in Greenville. I bet the G-ville police and the dealers would love an emailed link to this thread.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:56 AM

I never let my cars sit out over night. We live out in Conroe on some land so I don't see much activity around. I have a 12 ga. and would like to pump this guy up full of buck shot. Yes Tony, these are the scum bags doing this ****...
Old 01-17-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tim is always nervous when he brings the Ford truck home for that very reason. It won't fit in the garage so he backs in and parks as close to the garge door as he can. It helps that it also has a lock.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Ginger Hater

need a video surveillance system? pm me.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a car stolen in 06. I don't know what pisses-me-off more,the thief or the cops who didn't do **** about it. The cops would rather be busting speeders on I-35.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Theft is one crime where I agree with the punishment in Arab countries. Cut their ******* hands off.

-Mike
Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you see them? the way I read it I thought you saw them in the act. The funny thing is you put a bullet in just one of those guys some how all the criminals know not to came back there.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Monte Co-Pilot
What a bunch of crap.

Maybe you can take Ken's, he was talking about getting an Airgate.

Definitely the best post in this thread.

I have no idea why I am dying here.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by shandy294
I had a car stolen in 06. I don't know what pisses-me-off more,the thief or the cops who didn't do **** about it. The cops would rather be busting speeders on I-35.
Was it in your neighborhood??
Amen about the Schertz PD would rather sit on the highway though
Old 01-17-2009, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

^^No, the Cops would arrest you. Fucked up laws we have, protect the guilty and only hurt those that follow them.

I prefer Rocksalt, its legal and gets the job done. Then if they are stupid enough to come back with some **** I use the real stuff.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Your officially the most robbed person I know..... Hopefully your truck being white may make it easier for you to find a used one.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

My buddy's truck got stolen from Best Buy while it was in their possession. He left it with them to get a brand new stereo. When he went back a few hours later, the installer was walking him out to show him the system, and the whole truck was gone. Stuff like that makes you wish the thief got killed by a stolen tailgate falling out of the back of another ********* truck.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Oh I'm sure all of you guys were 100% perfect, never did anything wrong and always looked both way before crossing the street. Any of the ******** on here homless at the age of 15? Probably not. Try sleeping on different couches for 4 years because no one left you **** to get by with.

Fact is, that was over 15 years ago, i straighted up and I bust my *** for everything I get now. So most of you guys that are saying I'm a piece of ****, you can kiss my *** because you probably got some help from, I don't know, parents, relatives, you know people who can. i didn't really have ****. But I'm sure a FEW of you can can relate.

And no, I don't steal **** to this day. Last time I stole any thing was a 20 oz pepsi from walmart when I was 16. And I got busted. And I went to jail for a .75 cent pepsi. From then on, was a turning point because I knew I had to get my **** straight. I finished high school on my own, again with no help, and took some college classes and still do when I can. Anyone on here that knows me will agree that I help anyone and everyone I can and charge anything to make a profit. I am not, by far, a greedy person. That's what's good about growing up. You learn stuff along the way.....

Last edited by whitehooptie; 01-17-2009 at 10:40 AM.