Real Performance Motorsports (RPM) in Lewisville

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I poked around in a car that had been tuned by RPM and there was some pretty bad mistakes, for instance the car was running in OL MAF. No experience with them other than that.

OL MAF?????? NO ******* WAY MAN!
How did it ever make it out of the parking lot???????????
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car didn't actually run too bad surprisingly enough. I was shocked to find that considering it ran decent. Just turned the o2's back on and it ran 10x better though.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
The car didn't actually run too bad surprisingly enough. I was shocked to find that considering it ran decent. Just turned the o2's back on and it ran 10x better though.
My post was 100% sarcastic.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
My post was 100% sarcastic.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Second Club

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that they put the car in OL and the fueling was 10% off just about everywhere, & they were lazy like most shops and didn't do any VE tuning. This was a while ago, maybe they do a great job now.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just FYI about this car, the 02 sensors were not working at all and said customer did not want to purchase new GM 02 sensors so it was agreed between both parties to put the car in open loop. Sorry that we dont give $200 02 sensors away. Its funny Jeremy that these people want to run their cars against you on the bottle while your on motor. Pretty sure that your car has an RPM cam and tune in it and regularly runs pretty ok...lol And fastgirl congrats on your new times.....glad your car is fast now.

And everyone has their prefernece, so we hope that everyone is happy with whom they use. If its us then cool, if its SQR then cool as well, we are cool with those guys and they know thier stuff as well.

We are happy making cars fast and look good at the same time. We are fortunate enough to have at least 5-7 cars running 5's. Not that 5's are fast as far as the boards are concerned but we think its impressive
Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Good post Matt. Very adult approach.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GS WS6
Just FYI about this car, the 02 sensors were not working at all and said customer did not want to purchase new GM 02 sensors so it was agreed between both parties to put the car in open loop. Sorry that we dont give $200 02 sensors away. Its funny Jeremy that these people want to run their cars against you on the bottle while your on motor. Pretty sure that your car has an RPM cam and tune in it and regularly runs pretty ok...lol And fastgirl congrats on your new times.....glad your car is fast now.

And everyone has their prefernece, so we hope that everyone is happy with whom they use. If its us then cool, if its SQR then cool as well, we are cool with those guys and they know thier stuff as well.

We are happy making cars fast and look good at the same time. We are fortunate enough to have at least 5-7 cars running 5's. Not that 5's are fast as far as the boards are concerned but we think its impressive
I agree with this man. Matt G would be one of very few the reasons I would take my car to RPM if I needed something done. Always been helpful and never talked down to me with some of my basic questions.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Also, I am not looking to run Jeremy with spray, although I dont make quite the power with a point less compression.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

I don't think that shop could put together a car that would stay together and run 4's....
Old 02-28-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Can i get a hand in this too? My 346+100 shot to your 414?
You are on. You can put a 175 on and I bet I still drag your ***.. Just last month I dragged a 383 stroker on 100-125shot. That was on video, I got him by 2 cars.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah thats funny. I love to drag FI, N2O cars.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rapin'Ya
I don't think that shop could put together a car that would stay together and run 4's....
Well they don't have an in house chassis guy to build the chassis to go there nor do they have the machine shop to do it as well. There are very few shops that could build a 4 sec outlaw type car in house. Most have to dole out work to chassis guys like JamesB or Wolfe and then have a motor built by RayMac, Hans (if it doesn't get stolen), or Proline etc to handle the power to make a car run 4's.

And for a shop to build a car that runs 4's you need a customer that has deep enough pockets to WANT to go 4's and spend that amount of money to make it happen. There are very few that want to do that and build it from the ground up.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its funny Jeremy that these people want to run their cars against you on the bottle while your on motor. Pretty sure that your car has an RPM cam and tune in it and regularly runs pretty ok...lol
You're talking about a 414 with the best parts $$ can buy against a garage built 346 with 5.3 home ported heads and a 232 cam. Why would i run him on motor? A 100 shot should even it up. If Jeremy keeps his motor a few more months ill be more than happy to set him out a car and run him motor to motor with my 414.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

How about someone arrange a shop vs shop track day?? Might be interesting and fun.

Make it a points race with no time and no slip. Track announcer is the only one to get the slips, same # of cars and the lowest combined total wins. No excuses, no redlights, and no more than 5 cars each? Bring your best... must be a LSX platform in any type of car.

BTW, for Nate was right about the 4 second car thing. Very few have the $$ or desire to run those times. You can count on a single hand the # of LSX cars that can get in the 4's..... keep your fingers closed though.

I am chompin at the bit to get back to the track with my POS.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
You're talking about a 414 with the best parts $$ can buy against a garage built 346 with 5.3 home ported heads and a 232 cam. Why would i run him on motor? A 100 shot should even it up. If Jeremy keeps his motor a few more months ill be more than happy to set him out a car and run him motor to motor with my 414.
Still you want to run him!! He will have that 414 in it for awhile when will you have yours in ?
Old 02-28-2009, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

i will run all of you lol run what you brung
Old 02-28-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rapin'Ya
They are not intersted in running 4's ... Their business is based on everyday customers who drive their cars everyday.... If they were just into 4 sec cars they would go out of business fast , not alot of those daily driven chief... you should know that Mike...
Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by volcanic2345
i will run all of you lol run what you brung
Bring it.... I'll drag you like I did your buddy....LOL....
Old 02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Still you want to run him!! He will have that 414 in it for awhile when will you have yours in ?
Hoping to have it home from RayMac in a month or so. I am going to keep the 6speed behind it for a few months and then going to a th350/400 with a 4500-5000 verter.

Wonder what top speed in 4th is at 7800 and 3.42's

Quick Reply: Real Performance Motorsports (RPM) in Lewisville