Stupid dickheads at TXU Energy

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2002
damn that is alot!!!! maybe the a/c units do have alot to do with it, my old house was 1700sqft w/1ac unit and my bill in the summer was $280, my house now is 3100sqft w/2ac units and the highest ive gotten so far is $215, its a way newer home so im pretty sure they insulate these new houses alot better, i know the a/c that i have now is "trane", from what i have read they are on the top side of the list? so who knows?

by the way im with reliant energy, 2yr contract .13/kw,
Trane is one of the better AC units. My brother-in-law is an AC/Heating guy in Las Vegas.

Anyways, try this one on for size gentlemen. Wife and I were living in Kingman AZ. BF'nE. About 1.5 hrs south of Vegas. We have the Mohave Co-Op for electrics. Co-ops = cheaper right. . No We would get our bill for "X" amount of electric used (say the cost of our useage was 100.00). Taxes were 12.xx. So for 113 was our electric bill on a 3/2/2/ house. Then...they added their "adjustment fee". Their adjustment fee is at least 46.00 on top of the 113 above or 1/2 of your useage, whichever was HIGHER. A few months in the summer, our bills were in the 120-140 range pre-adjustment fee and anything above 180 afterwards.

Lets just say I am not minding it so far in Texas with the electric companies. I still have yet to get my bill, but I hardly use the AC here(so far) and I'm hardly ever home with only the freezer and fridge running during the day). I'm getting a bit worried now that ya'll are saying what your saying on this thread. But look at the bright side, at least you dont have a 350.00 propane bill on top of your 180+ electric bill a month.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

THIS POST IS A PERSONAL OPINION FROM AN ELECTRIC CONSUMER

Why those people who live in the Center Point area are still with Reliant is beyond me. They have the highest rates in that part of town.

I guess people don't realize that one simple phone call to a company like Gexa will save them hundreds a year. In the first days of deregulation there were horror stories of people who switched, but that was then, this is now.

The other night I made one simple phone call to Gexa and my rates went from 16.2 to 12.0 cents. That is about 1/4 discount off my rates. So my light bill instead of being 200 was now 150, then multy by 12 for one year. Does this make sense?

I do not work for Gexa or any electric providers, but I work with different electric providers.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Good post...fear and the uniformed consumer is the #1 reason why people never switched. If anyone is still with Reliant or TXU please let me help you, even if you go somewhere else. I don't care if it's green mountain, gexa, or cirro I will guide you through with what you need to know just PM me.

Quick Reply: Stupid dickheads at TXU Energy